April 2016 Moms
Options

Embracing the goddess within

I love how women are embracing their baby bumps! Society has taught us it's improper to show our pregnant bellies but okay to expose them when they are flat. I think it's time to inpower each mother especially when we are at our most beautiful and magical.

Re: Embracing the goddess within

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    cmjenkiescmjenkies member
    edited October 2015
    You go girl! I may be the only one, but when I'm pregnant I feel neither beautiful or magical.. more like a beached whale.
  • Options

drealove3 said:

I love how women are embracing their baby bumps! Society has taught us it's improper to show our pregnant bellies but okay to expose them when they are flat. I think it's time to inpower each mother especially when we are at our most beautiful and magical.

Cool story bro.

@Sarcasm101 feels like you're going out of your way to be unnecessarily rude. Don't like what she's saying? That's fine. But trying to make her feel stupid doesn't make you look cool. Just my opinion bro :)>-

Me: 23 Hubby: 26
    Married: April 2011
    Son: May 2014
    Baby #2 Due: April 4th, 2016
  • Options
    @drealove3 totally!! showing off the bump whenever i can :) it may sound silly to say it, but i literally feel like my body is magic these days!
  • Options
    AEG84 said:

drealove3 said:

Cool story bro.
    @Sarcasm101 feels like you're going out of your way to be unnecessarily rude. Don't like what she's saying? That's fine. But trying to make her feel stupid doesn't make you look cool. Just my opinion bro :)>-

Eh, I'm with her on this one. What's the point of this post? Is she asking a question? Looking for opinions? If she's just posting her own opinion, that's something that would be better included on the random thread or on an UO thread (if applicable).

Also, I don't think society has taught us that it's improper to show our pregnant bellies...

@AEG84 I'm not saying I love the thread but I have read way more pointless threads than this one just today alone. I don't think it elicited that kind of response especially when other people, who do deserve it, are being treated with respect.

• Options
    @aeg84 no I also get what you're saying. I guess part of me wishes this kind of response was targeted at one of the million symptom threads I've seen lol.

• Options
    jonesl12 said:

drealove3 said:

This will inspire my maternity photos:
    Please don't copy mine ...

Omg WHO is your photographer? I'll be catching the next flight to wherever you live because those are fabulous.
  • Options

jonesl12 said:

drealove3 said:

Please don't copy mine ...
    Omg WHO is your photographer? I'll be catching the next flight to wherever you live because those are fabulous.

Thanks so much !!!!! Lol

I really wanna start a maternity photo thread now because there are some doozies out there .

• Options
    yeah i seriously could not feel less beautiful or magical BUT i love this thread because this is exactly how i describe most pregnancy message boards to my non-pregnant friends

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    drealove3 said:

I completely get where you're coming from, even though I'm dying to not be pregnant anymore already. Tbh I haven't seen anyone bashing someone for wearing a crop top while pregnant, so I'm not sure what it's like where you're from. Just out of curiosity's sake, are you new age/crunchy?
  • Options

drealove3 said:

Now THAT is some magic.
  • Options

drealove3 said:

I completely get where you're coming from, even though I'm dying to not be pregnant anymore already. Tbh I haven't seen anyone bashing someone for wearing a crop top while pregnant, so I'm not sure what it's like where you're from. Just out of curiosity's sake, are you new age/crunchy?
    There has been some instances where very pregnant news anchors were getting bashed on the tv station's FB page for being fat and "shouldn't be on tv" because of their bellies:

https://www.people.com/article/pregnant-newscaster-takes-stand-against-haters

https://www.ijreview.com/2015/04/285926-pregnant-tv-reporters-colleagues-pat-response-viewers-attack-appearance/

• Options

drealove3 said:

There has been some instances where very pregnant news anchors were getting bashed on the tv station's FB page for being fat and "shouldn't be on tv" because of their bellies:

https://www.people.com/article/pregnant-newscaster-takes-stand-against-haters

https://www.ijreview.com/2015/04/285926-pregnant-tv-reporters-colleagues-pat-response-viewers-attack-appearance/

Oh that's true. I guess. I haven't had cable since... I think over a decade now? I didn't really remember it with my news feeds...
  • Options
    drealove3 said:
    Cool story bro.
    Eh, I'm with her on this one. What's the point of this post? Is she asking a question? Looking for opinions? If she's just posting her own opinion, that's something that would be better included on the random thread or on an UO thread (if applicable).

Also, I don't think society has taught us that it's improper to show our pregnant bellies...
    @AEG84 I'm not saying I love the thread but I have read way more pointless threads than this one just today alone. I don't think it elicited that kind of response especially when other people, who do deserve it, are being treated with respect.

OK. You are entitled to your opinion. Just like I am entitled to post any way I see fit, as long as it does violate TOU. I am not here for rainbows and sunshine. This is an internet forum, having tough sick can be a plus

Have you notice my screen name? I am sarcastic. This was the OP first ever post, and it had absolutely no point. If the OP was hoping for a better reception, it might have been wise to lurk for a day or two.

**** Formerly Snoflakes4eva****

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    AEG84 said:
    @jordanbara, I get what you are saying. But this thread certainly stuck out to me more than any others I've seen as a "wtf" thread. So, agree to disagree :)

Also, to be fair, we use the phrase "cool story, bro" in our house on a regular basis whenever one of the kids tells a pointless story, so I may be a little desensitized to it.
    Thank you. It is a phrase used all the time.

**** Formerly Snoflakes4eva****

• Options

AEG84 said:

drealove3 said:

Cool story bro.

OK. You are entitled to your opinion. Just like I am entitled to post any way I see fit, as long as it does violate TOU. I am not here for rainbows and sunshine. This is an internet forum, having tough sick can be a plus

Have you notice my screen name? I am sarcastic. This was the OP first ever post, and it had absolutely no point. If the OP was hoping for a better reception, it might have been wise to lurk for a day or two.

And this reception is why I almost didn't continue posting on these boards. Lighten up dude. Have you noticed she hasn't posted ANYTHING since this on any thread?
  • Options
    drealove3 said:
    Cool story bro.

And this reception is why I almost didn't continue posting on these boards. Lighten up dude. Have you noticed she hasn't posted ANYTHING since this on any thread?
    It doesn't even look like she's logged in since yesterday, so I'm more inclined to believe it was just a drive-by. Maybe we should just turn this thread into more amazing pregnant belly pics instead...that was more fun.
  • Options
    Or be respectful and start a new one?
  • Options
    I'm most definitely not at my most beautiful, but if other ladies want to show their shape then they should have at it.  There's certainly nothing offensive about it.