3rd Trimester
Options

Inducing labor

So I'm scheduled for an induction in exactly one week, I'm trying to find ways to avoid the induction next week... I've tried sex, walking, epo, castor oil, nipple stimulation... And nothing!! I'm 2cm dilated and 80% effaced n idk what else to do

Re: Inducing labor

• Options
    kynbar5kynbar5 member
    edited October 2015

You need to give it time. Baby will come when he/she is ready and IF your doctor says you have to be induced, then just do it. Please don't do castor oil, that's just nasty.

Exactly this. Please stay away from castor oil it can seriously cause problems for baby.
    Edited spelling.
    March '16 December Siggy Challenge - Favorite Christmas Movies/Quotes
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Castor oil is just going to dehydrate you. I want to reiterate what the above posters warned about it.

Otherwise, what she said:

You need to give it time. Baby will come when he/she is ready and IF your doctor says you have to be induced, then just do it. Please don't do castor oil, that's just nasty.

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    You don't HAVE to be induced unless medically necessary. Meaning unless you have a medical issue you can usually go up to 42 weeks before needing to be induced.
  • Options
    I had my membranes stripped at my appointment on my due date. I went in to labor that night. It doesn't always work, but it can be worth a try.

• Options
    How far along are you? You absolutely do not have to be induced if there is no medical reason for it. Some doctors are just induction happy.'
    *TTC since July 2010
    *BFP #1- 11/12/12, m/c 11/16/12 @ 6 weeks
    *BFP #2- 1/23/13 EDD 10/4/13  

*Emma Rose: 10/8/13

*BFP #3- EDD 03/9/16

March '16 December Siggy Challenge- Favorite Christmas Movie/Quote
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    Why are you being induced?

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers