October 2015 Moms
Options

"Hubby, you're adding to my anxiety..."

My husband has become very attentive (mostly good) and quite protective (a little challenging). He texts to ask how I am feeling every few hours and is frequently trying to get me to rest (that is probably needed at times). Yesterday morning I experienced what turned out just to be very frequent BH. For most of the day though we were prepared for it to be early labor, though. My hospital is an hour away from where we live. DH kept pressing me to make sure to time them. I said it really was hard to because I was at work and while they were slightly painful, they really didn't hurt except at the peaks; I wasn't always able to discern a contraction from beginning to end. So last night I told him that instead of constantly asking if I am ok, if he can just communicate he loves me, comfort me, and trust I will tell him if we need to get ready for the hospital, that would help my anxiety not go up.

He took it great, but just in case it's still a challenge, I'm wondering what, if anything, helped other husbands to stay on the more chill side?

Re: "Hubby, you're adding to my anxiety..."

• Options
    Aww, love that he is trying to be so attentive! Not sure I really have advice. My hubby does great during go time but with our second I was timing everything while he slept. I woke him to say it was go time and he needed to put the 20mo old in the van so we could drop her at my parents. Lol
  • Options
    @NathanheartsKim , ah yes, I love that he is attentive. Definitely not checked out or in denial about baby coming. He's got normal first time dad apprehensions, but he is also excited. I really do have a very sweet husband. His Achilles heel, just like me though, is getting anxious!