October 2015 Moms
Options

Blood in poop TMI (picture)

riosvriosv member
edited October 2015 in October 2015 Moms
Hello my baby girl Is 2 weeks old and she has been having blood in her poop.. I started formula yesturday and she did that ever since..

Re: Blood in poop TMI (picture)

• Options
    Definitely call the dr. Could be a food allergy but could be more.
    Married DH 08.28.10
    Pregnancy #1: BFP 04.10.11 EDD 12.23.11 DD1 Born 12.4.11
     Pregnancy #2: BFP 5.12.14 MC 5.20.14 @ 5wk4d
    Pregnancy #3: BFP 11.1.14 EDD 7.5.15 MC 11.13.14 @ 6wk4d
    Pregnancy #4: BFP 1.31.15 EDD 10.5.15 DD2 Born 9.23.15

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Call your dr but also know that girls can have something like a period with mucus and blood up until they are a few weeks old due to the change in hormones as your hormones leave her body.
  • Options
    Blood always warrants a call to the pediatrician. I wouldn't even waste my time posting here.
  • Options
    *lurking*

Please take the pic down. What kind of formula are you using? Obviously still call your doc, but blood or mucus in the stool following formula can sometimes indicate a milk protein sensitivity. 

I lurk. I snark. I offer sound advice if you're not BSC. You may not like me. I'm okay with it.

• Options
    I'm using the enfamil infant formula
    I took her to the doctor today and he told me to stop taking any dairy products myself since I'm breastfeeding as well to see if that the problem and to keep giving her the formula to see if that's the problem.. But it just dosent seem right to me
  • Options
    I think this is something for a doctor not the Internet. And from your previous post it looks like you saw the doctor. So trust what they tell you.
  • Options
    riosv said:

I'm using the enfamil infant formula
    I took her to the doctor today and he told me to stop taking any dairy products myself since I'm breastfeeding as well to see if that the problem and to keep giving her the formula to see if that's the problem.. But it just dosent seem right to me

Trust your doctor. If the blood goes away then the problem is the dairy products you're eating, and if it doesn't, then the problem is the formula. (Most likely, anyway.)