1st Trimester
Options

Pregnancy is already embarrassing.

So tonight I was sitting in a Luke warm bath for a little bit because morning sickness (all day sickness) has really started to kick in. I had been feeling a little bit gassy which has been the norm for the last little while and I thought "sure farting in the bath isn't a problem". Well little did I know it is!! DONT EVER TRUST A FART. I looked at my bath water and jumped out of the bath faster than I have ever moved in my entire life! Then my husband walks in the door because I'm sobbing and I just look at him and he starts hysterically laughing. According to him this is a pregnancy highlight. On the plus side of things my left boob itches so it must be a girl right? Or is that when your belly button itches?

Re: Pregnancy is already embarrassing.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @BowWowBowie am I not aloud to make jokes? When I was going over all the newbie guides I must have missed that.
  • Options
    @BowWowBowie I totally read something different... Don't worry no deleting for me :)
  • Options
    This. is. AWESOME.    :))

***TW****MC mentioned & BFP mentioned***

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014
    AMH 0.1, DOR, Poor responder
    Moved to Prague, Czech Republic for IVF
    2 Natural IVF cycles, 3 full IVF cycles, 4 transfers, 1 BFP - heard heartbeat at 6w5d
    Diagnosed MMC at 9w1d on 11/30/15
    Headed back home to Colorado 12/12/15

DE attempt in Czech Republic!! 

March trip to Prague canceled due to Pancreatitis. :sob:
    Headed to Prague April 30
    3 different donors resulted in 1 PGS tested embryo and 1 fresh embryo
    2 embryo's transferred (from 2 different donors) on 5/10/16
    BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt
    Beta 1 = 81 at 8dp5dt, Beta 2 = 295 at 10dp5dt, Beta 3 = 891 at 12dt5dt. Beta 4 = 2114 at 14dp5dt, Beta 5 = 4916 at 16dp5dt, Beta 6 = 13252 at 19dp5dt
    Heartbeat at 6w5d 133BPM <3
    We are having a GIRL!!! Due Jan 26, 2017

BabyFruit Ticker

My blog: www.wearethehammitts.blogspot.com

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Wait did u really shart in the tub or was that part of the joke? Either way, that makes me a sad panda-- especially since I just ate breakfast lol :-P image
  • Options
    I really did. It was probably one of most disgusting experiences of my life.
  • Options
    LOL! Thanks for the laugh. :)

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • Options
    hahah, that's awesome! thanks for sharing & giving us all a good laugh!
  • Options
    And yes, you are definitely having a girl.
  • Options
    @Bigboobsmcgee I am SO afraid of pooping on the doctor
  • Options
    kynbar5 said:

@msuzannah if it's reassuring at all, it doesn't happen to everyone. I personally have delivered 5 babies and haven't had a bowel movement during labor. :)

Or so you think :P
    I've heard doctors can be really great about making sure you don't know. I plan to apologize to the doc in advance and tell them don't tell me one way or another, I just don't want to know thank you very much.
  • Options
    When I was about 8 weeks, we were staying on the 2nd floor of a hotel. H was giving me a hard time about taking the elevator instead of the stairs- I looked at him and said "I am literally on the verge of both crapping my pants and puking right now, stairs won't cut it"

I ended up in the bathroom puking into the ice bucket. It wasn't pretty.
  • Options

kynbar5 said:

@msuzannah if it's reassuring at all, it doesn't happen to everyone. I personally have delivered 5 babies and haven't had a bowel movement during labor. :)

Or so you think :P
    I've heard doctors can be really great about making sure you don't know. I plan to apologize to the doc in advance and tell them don't tell me one way or another, I just don't want to know thank you very much.
    I've heard of this too but I've seen my labors each time (mirror) so I know all I've birthed are babies ;)
    March '16 December Siggy Challenge - Favorite Christmas Movies/Quotes
  • Options
    msuzannah said:
    @Bigboobsmcgee I am SO afraid of pooping on the doctor

Girl, I knew exactly the moment I pooped during labor. Trust me, you and no one else in the room cares at that moment. It's all good.
  • Options
    @lalala2004 seriously. Do it or might regret your entire day. @DustyMelons it didn't bother you at all? Was it embarrassing to poop in front of everyone? Do they at least move it away?
  • Options
    msuzannah said:

@lalala2004 seriously. Do it or might regret your entire day. @DustyMelons it didn't bother you at all? Was it embarrassing to poop in front of everyone? Do they at least move it away?

My exSIL did (I wasn't in the room but her and my brother told me) and from what I understand it goes into the bio bag they have under you. She said it was discusting and grossed my brother out so bad he threw up. They both said it stunk terribly.
    March '16 December Siggy Challenge - Favorite Christmas Movies/Quotes
  • Options
    msuzannah said:

They are SOOOO used to women pooping. They discreetly move it away and clean you up.
  • Options
    I have been so gassy, and all I can think about is this post. So while I am working or on the train the manta "don't fart, don't fart" keeps running through my head.

cat fail animated GIF

• Options
    This post cracked me up! I will be farting in the bathroom for a while!

As for pooping on the table, I know I did with DS1 and it was quickly cleaned and I really didn't care. one of the nurses covered it as I was pooping and then removed it without a word. With DS2 I did not. So even if you did with the first you won't necessarily with your others.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DustyMelonsDustyMelons member
    edited October 2015
    msuzannah said:

I think it was just a small amount with me. The nurse discreetly wiped it away and didn't even bat an eye.

I was in the middle of pushing (ha, obviously) when it happened so my mind was elsewhere. H decided to mention it to me afterwards, I think mainly to see if I had noticed it happening.

ETA- and no, I wasn't embarrassed. But- I kind of went into it with the mentality that it wouldn't be a big deal if it happened. There are all kinds of weird fluids coming out of you at that time anyway ;-)
  • Options
    You aren't the only one! I read a funny story a while back about a woman that accidentally pooped on the bedroom floor when she was pretty far along and didn't want to tell her husband but just couldn't get it cleaned up on her own. Yep, don't trust the fart. 

I ended up having a similar experience a while back unrelated to pregnancy, told someone and it turned out that they had too, so we dubbed it Shart Week. 

I'm a student and not even a nurse yet and I've already seen so much poop. I really wouldn't worry about anyone judging you for pooping during labor. No1curr. 
  • Options

I don't trust farts anymore either. I had diarrhea one day and later in the afternoon I sat down just to pee and ended up pooping too, with no effort. I usually won't fart now unless I'm on the toilet or I KNOW it's safe. lol

I am afraid of pooping while I am in labor too. That's one of the reasons I don't want DH down there. Not that he wants to be. lol He's told me he doesn't even want to be in the room, but now I think he's okay with being in the room but nowhere but near my head. I am okay with that.

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • Options
    msuzannah said:

They are SOOOO used to women pooping. They discreetly move it away and clean you up.
    Yeah, anyone who works in L&D should be used to poop. I would sincerely hope they wouldn't mention it to you at all.
  • Options
    This is the best post I've read on here yet. "NEVER TRUST A FART!" I'm dying. Thank you for sharing.
  • Options
    :)) Bless your heart- that is hilarious! Good on you for having a sense of humor about it! 
  • Options
    OMG this was so good! I'm dying of laughter. At least I know I'm not the only one feeling a bit gassy!