1st Trimester
Options

Mixed Feelings

I'm maybe around 2 months and such and I have a daughter already that just turned 8yrs. So it's been a long time. But with my daughter I had one of those freak- I literally didn't know I was pregnant. I had no symptoms or signs, still had monthly periods had even a physical about a month before I gave birth and they didn't consider anything out of normal I maybe only gained 5-7lbs with her. She was stuffed up in my rib age nearly the whole time and didn't find out till 1wk and 4 days before I had her.
Well now this 2nd one actually planned but...I feel no happiness about being pregnant. For the short time I knew with my first when she would move those days it literally made me so sick to feel something move inside me. And I hated it. It makes me nauseated to think of anything moving in me. I've always been known to be a great mom but I'm absolutely hating being pregnant. I haven't had sickness or much anything with this one so far but I can't even stand the thoughts....I get so irritated when people ask me about my belly or "the Baby" and God forbid they try and touch my stomach I flip out. I don't even like touching my own stomach...I feel like ...and scared that I'm not happy about being pregnant. I don't find any joy in it. I know it's a blessing and miracle but I seriously want nothing of it. I hated my 1st pregnancy for the short time I knew and not liking this one at all either...Is this even normal? Or even something rare that happens or just stupid all the way across...I try to be happy about it for my husbands sake and literally both and all our family that's super happy but honestly hate it all...

Re: Mixed Feelings

• Options
    I'm sorry you're having a hard time. Have you considered talking to a professional? Some people just have trouble being pregnant, but I'm wondering if maybe your experience is influenced by the way everything happened the first time around. Thinking of you.
    Me 27 | DH 28
    DS October 2014
    #2 May 2016
  • Options
    This is normal however like PP said you may look into seeing a professional. I hate being pg but am happy when the baby comes out. Try not to beat yourself up. There's a lot that goes into being pg and a lot of hormonal changes that tend to F up a lot of stuff. GL I hope it passes and/or you find someone you can talk to to help you work through this.
    Been married since 2009.
    Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
    Several MCs
    DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I pretty much hated being pregnant. I was miserable, Bubs was always shoved up under my ribs to the point that it was super painful even when he wasn't moving, I was sick for 6 months, I was a hormonal nightmare...it was awful. Be kind to yourself. Speaking with a professional about your feelings will probably make you feel worlds better.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I'm maybe around 2 months and such and I have a daughter already that just turned 8yrs. So it's been a long time. But with my daughter I had one of those freak- I literally didn't know I was pregnant. I had no symptoms or signs, still had monthly periods had even a physical about a month before I gave birth and they didn't consider anything out of normal I maybe only gained 5-7lbs with her. She was stuffed up in my rib age nearly the whole time and didn't find out till 1wk and 4 days before I had her.
    Well now this 2nd one actually planned but...I feel no happiness about being pregnant. For the short time I knew with my first when she would move those days it literally made me so sick to feel something move inside me. And I hated it. It makes me nauseated to think of anything moving in me. I've always been known to be a great mom but I'm absolutely hating being pregnant. I haven't had sickness or much anything with this one so far but I can't even stand the thoughts....I get so irritated when people ask me about my belly or "the Baby" and God forbid they try and touch my stomach I flip out. I don't even like touching my own stomach...I feel like ...and scared that I'm not happy about being pregnant. I don't find any joy in it. I know it's a blessing and miracle but I seriously want nothing of it. I hated my 1st pregnancy for the short time I knew and not liking this one at all either...Is this even normal? Or even something rare that happens or just stupid all the way across...I try to be happy about it for my husbands sake and literally both and all our family that's super happy but honestly hate it all...

QFP
  • Options
    Well I went in and talked with my new regular PCP Doctor because after I also discussed on this moms page I'm on in my area on FB I wasn't the only one but most others it was related from them lacking something in their system or a hormonal imbalance, because I also have had a deep cut into having no sex drive as well. But they ran tests and nothing was abnormal. I'm not unhappy I'm just blah about it still. But I felt much better after talking to my doctor that I guess I at least said something out. But nothing wrong they said after I didn my blood tests and what not...
  • Options
    I understand how you feel! I'm 35+3 today, and for the first three and a half months of my pregnancy, I HATED it! I still have my moments, but I'm not as bad. I do kind of feel "off" when my LO moves. Since I'm a FTM, I'm always surprised that I have something there, moving around and such. So I guess that's why I get uncomfortable and moody about it. :neutral: But I do have my "blah" moments, like I said. I think a LOT of it, anymore, has to do with me currently living where I HATE living at. And when you hate being somewhere, and DON'T want to be somewhere, your mind just makes you want to hate everything else going on. Even the good!