March 2016 Moms
Options

Legging help

For the love of everything- can someone please recommend a pair of leggings that are not so thin that they are see through?! Thanks for any suggestions!

Re: Legging help

• Options
    Motherhood from destination maternity are great! And they've been buy one get one half off every time I've shopped - love them- the grey for some reason we're really thin so I stuck with the black- way better than any other ones I've tried!
  • Options
    My friend recommended old navy maternity leggings but I haven't had a chance to check them out yet.

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I got some from Forever 21 (don't judge lol) forever ago (haha I was probably in my 20's) and they are so freakin soft and comfy :)
    March '16 December Siggy Challenge - Favorite Christmas Movies/Quotes
  • Options
    I've gotten mine from forever 21 too!! Lol! Also target. The only thing I do extra is buy them a size larger than needed so the material doesn't stretch too much over my runner thighs and since the waistbands are elastic they're not falling off. (Ps... Get the thick band elastic not thin elastic)

December Siggy Challenge

imageimageimage
  • Options
    ecwk said:
    My friend recommended old navy maternity leggings but I haven't had a chance to check them out yet.

All my Old Navy ones are thin.. I won't wear them out anymore.

Pregnancy Ticker

March '16 February Siggy challenge- After Pregnancy hopes

• Options
    My current love is leggings from lularoe. They don't have maternity ones but they the tall and curvy fit over a large bump. They have adorable designs and are so freaking soft!!

Pregnancy Ticker

March '16 February Siggy challenge- After Pregnancy hopes

• Options
    The Hue wide waistband ones are fantastic. Not maternity but if you size up they should be fine.
  • Options
    mb0112mb0112 member
    edited October 2015
    I got mine online from Forever 21 for great size and color selection!! I'm normally a size 4 but ordered large. They are thick enough and room to grow in the stomach but not baggy at all right now either (started wearing them at 16/17 weeks and think they'll work til about 30?)

ETA they were $3.90 each!!
  • Options
    The maternity ones I got from Walmart (George?) are great! Wore them with DD and on #2 now and not see through. Super comfy and cheap!
  • Options
    Look for ponte material. It's much thicker. But for true leggings I recently bought some fleece lined leggings at pea in the pod that were in a package similar to what tights come in, and the black is amazing. The grey is tight and not very stretchy but I can't recommend the black ones enough! I believe they were $32.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Gap has a pair of thick pointe leggings that I love. They have zips at the ankle too.

I like old navy to wear under dresses and long sweaters

• Options
    Oh! Also. These are not cheap BUT the Lululemon stirrup Wunder Unders totally pass for leggings and are AMAZING. I've pretty much lived in them for the last couple of weeks and don't forsee that changing all winter.
  • Options

The maternity ones I got from Walmart (George?) are great! Wore them with DD and on #2 now and not see through. Super comfy and cheap!

I bough the George ones from asda and love them... I would say the run a bit big so if you can try on for sizing

LFAF- Best Olympic Moments...  Jackie Joyner-Kersee

• Options
    I bought mine at Pink since I know they'll last. I got the foldover top ones so I can just told the band up when baby gets bigger. They stretch and are really comfy, but also not at all see through.
  • Options
    I'm wearing Target maternity leggings right now and they are not see through. When you're in the store, stretch out the material and hold it up to the light, that's what I always do and I haven't had an issue with see through leggings :)
  • Options
    I bought mine from Uniqlo and they are very thick and pants like. I wear them like regular black pants for work.  I order them one to two size bigger for the bump and so it's not so tight on the thigh and butt area.  They should last through end of second trimester hopefully.  They are priced reasonably and often go on sale.  Old Navy also got some cheap maternity leggings, especially when they are on sale.  
  • Options
    Gap has a pair of thick pointe leggings that I love. They have zips at the ankle too. I like old navy to wear under dresses and long sweaters

I think I jut ordered those ones last night! Not maternity, but Eddie Bauer has nice thick leggings.
  • Options
    ceds07 said:

Oh! Also. These are not cheap BUT the Lululemon stirrup Wunder Unders totally pass for leggings and are AMAZING. I've pretty much lived in them for the last couple of weeks and don't forsee that changing all winter.

Did you size up? All my WU are super tight around my belly and I look like a sausage in a casing. Ugh. I know I wore them last time too but now all I can pull off are the ebb & flows, dance studio pants etc.
  • Options
    @FutureMrsCaesar sort of. These ones definitely seem tighter but I sort of like that they feel more substantial. I'm usually between sizes in lulu so I went with the larger ones for these.
  • Options
    So first off THANK YOU FOR THIS THREAD! I am totally trolling it as I no longer can wear mine LOL! Definitely checking out forever21! Since it's getting cold here though I'm thinking fleece leggins...what do you think about fleece?
  • Options
    I love mine from target. They are maternity abs are not see through at all
  • Options
    I got mine from kohls maternity. I think they are oh baby brand and I love them.
  • Options
    I also have bought a couple pairs of wunder unders from Lululemon since becoming pregnant. But in the high rise style. They are literally all I wear when not in work clothes. The high rise does not have the elastic seam around the waistband like the normal style does, so it both stretches and does not dig in to my growing bump. I'm only 19 weeks now, but my sister is almost to her 3rd trimester and hasn't put them up. I also did not size up. So yes, more pricey than other options but I will still be able to wear them when I'm not pregnant b
  • Options
    I have two pairs from the Gap that are great and not at all sheer. One has a full belly panel too, which I prefer!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    mshukhmshukh member
    edited October 2015
    Does anyone have any luck finding leggings for extra cold weather for running in? I've never run outside in the Minnesota climate but plan to continue this time. My regular leggings are getting too cold. Sorry if this is thread hi jacking. I can start another one if needed.
    imageimage

• Options
    @mshukh the under armor cold gear ones are awesome. i layer them with leg warmers if it's really brutal but they're more than substantial on their own too.
  • Options
    @ceds07 thanks. I checked them out but was going to see if there's anything thicker with a wider waist band out there. You mean the infrared ones right?
    imageimage

• Options
    Second vote here for the Walmart ones, I just went and bought 3 pairs as it's getting colder here. $7-15 each
  • Options
    I just got the most amazing pair of leggings from Ross. They are so incredibly soft and have a bit of interior fleece lining. I live in the mountains so it gets cold in the winter and these are perfect. On top of that, they were only $5.99!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    zephyrlt said:

I just got the most amazing pair of leggings from Ross. They are so incredibly soft and have a bit of interior fleece lining. I live in the mountains so it gets cold in the winter and these are perfect. On top of that, they were only $5.99!

What brand were they? I love Ross :)
  • Options
    They're called Tanco, which I had never heard before, but I think I'm going to go back and get another pair!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Awesome thanks! I'll be looking next time I go!
  • Options
    @mshukh I'm not a fan of under armour for extreme cold weather. I've found Nike thermofit are better for extreme cold. Also mizuno has a new material they're making running tights with. I think it's called Breath Thermo but it's SUPER lightweight, very good at keeping your body heat in but it also generates heat with any moisture that it wicks away from your body. They're amazing for days where it feels like it's below zero or actually is below zero.

December Siggy Challenge

imageimageimage
  • Options
    @mshukh I think so?! They do have a thin waistband. The material feels about the same as the cold gear tops.