May 2016 Moms
Options

Water intake

Who is struggling to drink water ? Before pregnancy I would typically drink at least 12 cups a day. I'm struggling to drink 1 cup now. Yesterday I didn't drink any water due to severe nausea & vomiting. I'm starting to feel guilty due to my lack of intake. Anyone else ?

Answers

• Options
    Same here. Before I was pregnant I would drink at least 60 oz. I have drank half a bottle today. It makes me really nauseous. Hoping after first trimester I can start to drink more!
  • Options
    I'm having trouble drinking as much as I used to- not because it makes me nauseous- but because I'm so sick of peeing nonstop.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If you can't keep water down, I would call your doctor. It doesn't appeal to me but I'm drinking as much water as I can. I'm aiming for 60-70 ounces a day
  • Options
    I also actually drink quite a bit. But when I feel really bad I just suck on ice cubes...
  • Options
    caterin said:
    I also actually drink quite a bit. But when I feel really bad I just suck on ice cubes...
    This! I got insane heartburn/acid-reflux whenever i drank water (not so much now but going back to weeks 6-10) I got through it by sucking and crunching ice cubes. It does of course help that its spring here so I'm warming up not getting colder weather :)  I've also been eating high water content fruit and veggies like melons, cucumber and celery so that helps keep hydrated as well.
  • Options
    Lemon Gatorade has been a lifesaver for me. It sounds strange but I read that the sour taste is easier to keep down.
  • Options
    I aim to try to eat soup of any type, plain vegetable without a tomato base is more tolerable lately, because I am also having water aversion in general and nothing tastes good except heavily iced tea (which for caffeine purposes isn't ok all the time).  So I aim to get liquid via meals too. 
  • Options
    JessicaB0627JessicaB0627 member
    edited October 2015
    Kurrant said:

caterin said:

This! I got insane heartburn/acid-reflux whenever i drank water (not so much now but going back to weeks 6-10) I got through it by sucking and crunching ice cubes. It does of course help that its spring here so I'm warming up not getting colder weather :)  I've also been eating high water content fruit and veggies like melons, cucumber and celery so that helps keep hydrated as well.

---qbf-----

Everyone side-eyes me when I say that water gives me heartburn/acid reflux. Glad I'm not crazy!
  • Options
    Same here. I can't stomach still water, but carbonated water is tolerated. I allow myself a LaCroix a day, but I'm trying to get my water from food sources otherwise. I don't feel it's doing much good, as I'm constantly losing it...
  • Options
    I buy my DH powered Gatorade mix since he goes through so much at work (a lot cheaper, especially since he doesn't like it full strength). Weak Gatorade or using something like the Mio flavored water drops are the only way I can do water right now. Which is odd as pre-pregnancy all I drank most the day was plain water. I just need a little flavoring right now. The Gatorade is usually if I'm not feeling right or getting a headache. It seems to help.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• Options
    I was having issue until about my 10th-11th week when my MC went away. What helped me was putting a straw in my cup and squeezing a fresh lemon in my water (for me the lemon curbed my nausea). GL
    Been married since 2009.
    Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
    Several MCs
    DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)

• Options
    I've been so bad about the water X_X feel a little guilty. I've been able to do juice in the morning, but definitely not getting enough water during the day. I need to start bringing to big bottle to work again and just forcing it down.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I've gotten worse with water because I'm tired of using the restroom. Plus it was clear so I was just peeing it out anyway. I'm trying to eat my water now. Fruits and vegetables with high water content. I pee less and eat at the same tiime. Course ms made that fun as veggies were limited to pickles. But hey I have a good intentions.