May 2016 Moms
Options

*** Weekly Appointment Thread 10/26-11/1***

Hope everyone has great appointment this week!

How far along are you?

How did your appointment go overall?

Any ultrasound or doppler?

Did your doctor or midwife answer any questions or concerns you had?

Re: *** Weekly Appointment Thread 10/26-11/1***

• Options
    So I didn't have an appointment this week, but DD did. She's 16 months and had her finger prick test for lead and hemoglobin. Both came back great and she's in terrific health!

We had no shots today because we're on a delayed schedule due to her reactions to vaccines, but they'll be a shot at her next visit. We have to watch her closely and alternate Tylenol and Motrin because her fever spikes high and we have a family history of seizures. Soooo at our January appointment I will be a nervous wreck.

Other than that, all good news! It's always such a relief having a good doctors visit.

• Options
    Had 2nd visit on Monday- measured 9w4d and got an ultrasound pic again :)
    Me: 30   DH: 29
    Together: 3/2007
    Married: 5/30/2015
    BFP #1: 9/14/2015
    EDD: 5/20/2016
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    kbrands7kbrands7 member
    edited October 2015
    How far along are you? 12 weeks!

How did your appointment go overall? Great!

Any ultrasound or doppler? Clear, steady heartbeat on the doppler

Yes, part of this visit was evaluating whether or not VBAC is a viable option for me. Everything in my patient chart/history checked out, and nothing about my scar, uterus, or pelvis disqualifies me. I've been cleared to try it with a 90% success prediction so long as little one is head down by the time I go into labor! Now, I have a slightly heart shaped uterus, so my chances of a second breech baby are close to 50%, but I'm excited that I at least have the opportunity to wait it out rather than automatically being slated for another csection.
    Edit to add: LO is measuring 5 days ahead according to yesterday's NT scan ultrasound, but my due date is staying the same because it's less than a week's difference and it gives me more time to go into labor before 42 weeks. DS came at 39 weeks, so I hope this one doesn't decide to hang out I my womb an extra several weeks unless it reeeaaaallly needs to.
  • Options
    How far along are you? 10w6d

How did your appointment go overall? Nerve wracking.....

Any ultrasound or doppler? She couldn't find the HB on the doppler, so I went to get an ultrasound. I waited for 20 minutes and it seemed like an eternity.  The U/S showed him/her doing somersaults, so it was instant waterworks for me.  I've been terrified for the last three weeks that something was wrong.  I think I just thought that was as a defensive mechanism or something.  Anyway, the HB was ticking away at 168!!  I am over the moon.

Other than the HB scare, it was pretty standard.  My regular OB is on maternity leave until mid December, so I'm seeing a NP for this appointment and my next.
    Me: 27    DH: 30
    Married in 2011
    Baby 1: Stillborn at 27 weeks (April 2014)
    Baby 2: Due May 2016

• Options
    How far along are you? 8 weeks 4 days now. Finally got a good due date and June baby now.

How did your appointment go overall? It went well, DD entertained everyone and herself. Slightly disappointed date was pushed 10 days but expected something since I was negative at 5 weeks.

Any ultrasound or doppler? Ultrasound first and HB at 173, measuring for a June 4th due date the same due date as DD was. The Dr. didn't find the baby on the Doppler though. (Trying not to think of that since I saw the baby 30 minutes prior.)

Did your doctor or midwife answer any questions or concerns you had? No. I asked if I could by pass the Rhogam this time since we all have negative blood type. She isn't sure.

imageimage
    1st born June 2013