1st Trimester
Options

I woke up sobbing....

I woke up sobbing and terrified in the middle of the night because I realized “I don’t know how to give a baby a bath! How am I going to wash my baby? I’m going to be a horrible mother!” I woke up this morning feeling crazy….please tell me I am not the only FTM who is having these random crazy thoughts…..do you have a story like this?

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: I woke up sobbing....

• Options
    OMG!!!! I THOUGHT I WAS ALONE!! No you are totally normal. I am having crazy thoughts as well. But trust me you are going to be an amazing mommy and your baby will be so very lucky to have you as his or her mommy! 
  • Options
    Bathtime is easy; don't stress. As a FTM you're going to have crazy thoughts like this pretty regularly, just remember to ask your nurses after delivery to show you how to do stuff. DH was super nervous and they let him watch everything (changing diapers, giving baths, suctioning nose, etc.) and that made him feel much more at ease.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I spent about 5 hours last night researching car seats that will fit well in our very small car. I had so much info swimming in my head....I couldn't sleep!  

Don't worry about carrying for your baby...there's a You Tube video for everything.  You'll be just fine.  :)  
  • Options

I woke up sobbing and terrified in the middle of the night because I realized “I don’t know how to give a baby a bath! How am I going to wash my baby? I’m going to be a horrible mother!” I woke up this morning feeling crazy….please tell me I am not the only FTM who is having these random crazy thoughts…..do you have a story like this?

Not a FTM and I still do that. My other child will be 19 in 3 weeks and so much has changed. You'll be alright. You'll figure out what works best for you and your baby.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I woke up in a panic the other night because WHAT IF WE GET A NANNY I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE SHE'S GOING TO PARK. We're not even planning on getting a nanny.

So I think the random night time freakouts are normal. If you're like me, it helps to start a Google Doc to track all the stuff you need to plan for/learn/do.
  • Options
    You all are so sweet - thank you so much! I know everything will be fine, but sometime you feel like you are alone in these feelings. It's great to know that I am not alone and that all of this is normal. I know we will all be fantastic mothers :).
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Talk about crazy dreams, I had one where I was nursing guineapig/puppy creatures and I lost one! Woke up and had a BFP the next day!
    Me: 27
    DH: 29
    BFP: 10/25/2015
    EDD: 7/5/2015!!

• Options
    I've freaked out because I only have one friend that's a girl. I try to make friends and it ends in jealousy and long story short I really don't think girls like me and it makes me sad. I found out I'm having a girl, what if she doesn't like me too ? Irrational yes but it's still running through my head.
  • Options
    I think all of these things - so glad I'm not alone! @jonesl12 I have the same problem with girls but there are plenty of girls who will be cool like us :) so your little girl will be too! I'm too busy worrying about getting to 12 weeks to think about the bathing etc but when I get to 12 weeks the crazy will be unleashed big time!