3rd Trimester
Options

Help!! I need sleep!!!!

Hi there 38.5 weeks. Past 3 days wake up all night long. I can't stay asleep. It's almost like once an hour n half.

Why is this happening?
My two other pregnancies were so different in so many ways. It is so very true, your partners change, so does you pregnancy!

:)

Any suggestions to stay asleep?

Re: Help!! I need sleep!!!!

• Options
    I'm not sure if you've tried this already, but my Doctor told me if I was having trouble sleeping it was safe to take a Benadryl every now and then.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I-) I know that feeling...
    I am 29 weeks and wake up very frequent. Unfortunately because I'm in and out of bed, so does my husband.. I have not found a good remedy and as far as benadryl I cannot take it.. I'm allergic to a allergy medicine.. oh the irony.. have not slept well in three weeks.. so exhausted..
  • Options
    My dr has also said benadryl is ok every once in a while. Not to nitpick but partners aren't what changes a pregnancy, those change every single time regardless of who gets you pregnant. And get used to a lack of sleep as a newborn isn't going to care how much sleep you get and won't be sleeping 8 hours a night as soon as he/she is born ;) losing sleep comes with motherhood no matter how old your kids are.
    March '16 December Siggy Challenge - Favorite Christmas Movies/Quotes
  • Options
    Try tylenol PM, it will help, and its baby safe, also stop drinking fluids a few hours before bed and you will pee less...

Started TTC in 2006, LOTS of trying, and trying, and 7 rounds of IVF with 13 embryos, 2 perfect little boys and 5 loses....
    All finished with babies, started to make diet changes, Keto, to be MORE for my kids, lost 30 pounds, still going, and 3 months in, I had a natural cycle, and then ovulated... Hubs and I are going to see what happens now... Maybe a natural pregnancy? After everything we have been through? Or just a return to normal hormones? We shall see what the future holds!

Baby Dust To All!!!

• Options
    I am so with you on that! I am 35 weeks and having a terrible time sleeping. But, thankfully, I have found a couple of fixes for it! #1. I take 1/4 of a mg of Melatonin. My DO said it is a natural thing your body produces and shouldn't hurt to take when pregnant. I order a brand from Amazon called Ortho Molecular Products that works really well and is pretty inexpensive. The other thing I've found helps, since I have anxious or restless legs, is to have my hubby rub my feet right before i try to go to sleep. Somehow it just relaxes me all over and definitely makes me more sleepy. :) Hope this helps!
  • Options
    you can try Melatonin.
    it's a natural sleep aid so you can take it while pregnant. it's worked for a lot of people i know.
  • Options
    I take either Benadryl, or Tylenol, every now and then. My issue is, I have an immunity to the bits that's SUPPOSE to help you rest/sleep, because of my past addiction to it all. :-S So it doesn't help very often. But I suggest talking with your doctor, to see what they can do fpr you. And cutting off eating and drinking about 2 hours before you go to bed.

P.S. I no longer have an addiction to it all anymore, mind you all. I managed to get over that 2.5 years ago. :) So no worries on that one!
  • Options
    kynbar5 said:

My dr has also said benadryl is ok every once in a while. Not to nitpick but partners aren't what changes a pregnancy, those change every single time regardless of who gets you pregnant. And get used to a lack of sleep as a newborn isn't going to care how much sleep you get and won't be sleeping 8 hours a night as soon as he/she is born ;) losing sleep comes with motherhood no matter how old your kids are.

Funny how we constantly make boards complaining of how strangers/women who are not pregnant try to push on us pregnant people a "get used to it" attitude. She clearly has had newborns before, I'm sure she knows about the lack of sleep involved.
    A bit disappointing to see this being posted by a fellow bumper!
  • Options

kynbar5 said:

Funny how we constantly make boards complaining of how strangers/women who are not pregnant try to push on us pregnant people a "get used to it" attitude. She clearly has had newborns before, I'm sure she knows about the lack of sleep involved.
    A bit disappointing to see this being posted by a fellow bumper!
    Good. Grief. Seriously? I wasn't rude and the comment didn't seem to bother anyone but you. A bit disappointing that you obviously didn't catch the wink I threw in there and felt the need to "white knight" my uneventful comment.
    March '16 December Siggy Challenge - Favorite Christmas Movies/Quotes
  • Options
    Take the OTC sleep,aid. It is what is in Tylenol pm or NyQuil I took that at the beginning of my pregnancy