Babies on the Brain

How do YOU track ovulation?

I'm just curious I know a lot of women use apps that calculate based on bbt and your cycle. Then some use OPKs. Others use both. But who all does it based on CM? For the most part I keep reading that it's a great way to know when you are about to or are ovulating.

I'm more or less just curious because as I'm lurking I've noticed CM tracking isn't really talked about.

Re: How do YOU track ovulation?

• Personally I do chart and use FF.  I do not use OPKs but I've been charting for over 2 years so I have a pretty good idea of when I ovulate (although once or twice a year I will ovulate early or late but on average it's the same).  I do track CM when it is EWCM because I'm only interested in when it's my FW.  I don't usually track it otherwise.  
  • I just temp. Honestly, I find CM too tricky.
  • Loading the player...
  • I am actually about to start using the fertility awareness method next week once i finish off this pack of pills. I plan to use CM/temps/fertility friend. Im nervous but im hoping after a few months i will start to see a pattern and/or will be able to indentify the signs. TCOYF makes it seem like you should really pay attention the CM so i figure i should at least give it a whirl!
  • I do track CM. I don't temp right now. We aren't TTC and we use condoms so it nt necessary for me to track, but I like to have a general idea of when I should have ovulated.

I'm still breastfeeding so my cycle is absolutely crazy.

Me 26, Hubs 32
    Married 7.14.12
    DS 10.29.13
    BFP 06.20.16
    *It's a boy!*
    EDD 03.03.17
                                                          BabyFruit Ticker
  • My EWCM comes AFTER O.  So I would be careful on relying on CM only.  
  • I track CM. I can almost always tell when I'm Oing by CM and cramping. I've used OPKs just to confirm. My cycle is very regular but I do use Fertility Friend to keep track of dates. I don't plan on temping or charting when I start TTC in a few months.
  • I just chart the beginning and end of my periods. Nothing else. The rest is just too stressful.
  • I use FF, and I track temps and CM, plus sometimes put in other info. My CM does give me a pretty good idea, and I get a cramp/twinge on day of O as well.
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • It's my first cycle actively trying. I'm charting using FF, Kindra, Ovia, and Glow. Keeping track of CM and CP and once I buy a basal thermometer I'll be using that. I read a lot on CM and CP because all my researchi kept bringing it up so I figured I'd learn.