July 2016 Moms
Options

Vertigo??

Hi ladies!!

This is my first pregnancy and I am only 4 weeks but got blood work confirmation yesterday. My question is how common is vertigo and should I be alarmed? Just now when I woke up and rolled over, it felt like I was in the bed of a dump truck and was getting catapulted out. Pretty scary. Anyone else experience this early on? I still feel dizzy and not quite right. This was a frozen embryo transfer so the chances of eptopic are 2-5% but I don't have any other symptoms. Thoughts to ease my concern? Or suggestions to make it go away?

***TW****MC mentioned & BFP mentioned***

me 38 DH 39.  
TTC#1 since July 2014
AMH 0.1, DOR, Poor responder
Moved to Prague, Czech Republic for IVF
2 Natural IVF cycles, 3 full IVF cycles, 4 transfers, 1 BFP - heard heartbeat at 6w5d
Diagnosed MMC at 9w1d on 11/30/15
Headed back home to Colorado 12/12/15

DE attempt in Czech Republic!! 

March trip to Prague canceled due to Pancreatitis. :sob:
Headed to Prague April 30
3 different donors resulted in 1 PGS tested embryo and 1 fresh embryo
2 embryo's transferred (from 2 different donors) on 5/10/16
BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt
Beta 1 = 81 at 8dp5dt, Beta 2 = 295 at 10dp5dt, Beta 3 = 891 at 12dt5dt. Beta 4 = 2114 at 14dp5dt, Beta 5 = 4916 at 16dp5dt, Beta 6 = 13252 at 19dp5dt
Heartbeat at 6w5d 133BPM <3
We are having a GIRL!!! Due Jan 26, 2017

BabyFruit Ticker

My blog: www.wearethehammitts.blogspot.com

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

Re: Vertigo??

• Options
    I am pretty sure with my first I had some vertigo.  I think it's due to rising hormones.  If you are really worried though call your Dr. I remember with my first I felt so stupid for calling them... but it always made me feel better.  
    Anniversary: 10/10/09
    DS: 11/21/14
    DD: 7/5/16

• Options
    Thank you @Singingmama10

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014
    2 Natural IVF cycles, 3 full IVF cycles, 4 transfers, 1 BFP - heard heartbeat at 6w5d

BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt
    Beta 1 = 81 at 8dp5dt, Beta 2 = 295 at 10dp5dt, Beta 3 = 891 at 12dt5dt. Beta 4 = 2114 at 14dp5dt, Beta 5 = 4916 at 16dp5dt, Beta 6 = 13252 at 19dp5dt

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had a lot of dizziness with DD in first tri. Definitely put in a call to your OB if you feel like something is off.
  • Options
    susykat77 I normally get vertigo and have been to an ENT to look at it.  They said mine is possible meniere's disease and reduced sodium and increased fluids help. 

I had a vertigo attack on Sunday (yesterday) and I cannot take my medicine if i'm pregnant, so I tested and got a super faint line. I suffered through it for about 4 hours trying to get some fluids in me.  I went out for food and I grabbed a digital test and it said positive!!!

Your vertigo may be caused by something different, so check with your Dr. 

Moral of the story: Drink a lot more fluids and no processed foods.  See if that helps, (cant hurt).
    Me: 27
    DH: 29
    BFP: 10/25/2015
    EDD: 7/5/2015!!

• Options
    I agree! The dizziness is a bit scary. I haven't experienced it to that extent, so hang in there! I agree with igstarr28... Fluids (lots of them) and keep away from processed:)
  • Options
    The vertigo hasn't returned so that is comforting! I have always been a big water drinker but I am now double checking that I get enough. @ijstarr28 Congrats on your BFP!! Vertigo is crazy!! I went on an auto-immune meal plan for this cycle (read: eating only whole foods - so nothing processed) and I think it helped me get pregnant. 

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014

BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Before my BFP DH and I started eating really clean (not 100%) and going to the gym 3 days a week. General icky feelings have made me not want to go for the past week or so. Not to mention my boobs hurt so badly that the idea fo running makes me want to cry. 

DH lost about 30 lbs and I have lost about 20. I think it helped us get pregnant too! Some of the things we were eating were pure food science (fat free mayo, cheese, and sour cream) and I will be switching back to the natural version of those, but I plan on continuing to eat simple meals with a lot of protein and taking my vitamins. 

My plan is to tell the trainer that i'm pregnant today.  I couldnt make it through the last work out all the way! 

I say all this as i break open a package of poptarts. I need something kind of bland to sit at the bottom of my stomach. I'm going to go find some crackers to keep at my desk. 
    Me: 27
    DH: 29
    BFP: 10/25/2015
    EDD: 7/5/2015!!

• Options
    @ijstarr28 My husband lost 25lbs and I lost about 10 lbs. I think that food can play a BIG role! I have added a few things back in as my diet was VERY strict except for our one day a week of cheating. I don't want to lose any more weight at this point and that wasn't why I was eating so clean but an added bonus! I want my body to focus all of it's energy on growing my baby. I am trying to eat healthy carbs like fruit and I think we'll add brown rice back in. Although a pop-tart sounds AMAZING right now. My go-to on my cheat day has been an almond croissant and I plan to eat a few more of those before we leave Europe in December.

I had been swimming before I got pregnant (I wasn't allowed to run because of the IVF meds making my ovaries swell) and now I am afraid to start back up for fear the chlorine will get all up in my va-jayjay. Silly I am sure. 

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014

BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Oh goodness, I feel for you. I had vertigo for 3 weeks before my last cycle (so not pregnancy related). Have you been sick recently? My doctor told me sometimes a virus will attach in your inner ear, causing the vertigo. All you can do if that's the case is wait it out. Riding in the car helped me. Something about expecting to feel like your moving masks the feeling. I hope it passes soon!
  • Options
    I've been having extreme vertigo and heart palpitations since 2DPO. It terrified me!! Even the ER blood test came back negative at that point. Lying on your left side should help - it does for me. On the good side....? Those both are early indicators of multiples! So /fingerscrossed
  • Options
    I had severe dizziness for the first four days after bfp. Couldn't get out of bed, let alone drive to work. There was no relief no matter what I did, any slight move of my head would send me spinning. It slowly (very. Slowly.) faded after about four days, and I only get it intermittently now.
  • Options
    Dizziness is common, probably from variations in blood pressure while your body's working on increasing your blood volume. I had a spot of vertigo last night walking into the gym- had to stop and get my bearings, but it was pretty quick. If I feel nauseous, I also usually feel a little dizzy as well. It shouldn't be an issue but if it's really severe or frequent then it's worth having checked out. Definitely be careful!
  • Options
    I had a friend get insane vertigo to the point of almost falling at work; she didn't know she was pregnant at the time and hadn't drank enough water or eaten enough (she was dieting). I would recommend eating something (maybe it's blood sugar related?) and more agua 
  • Options
    I definitely get this too. Do you have low iron? Mine is because of low iron in my blood system even after taking PNVs, I had that diagnosed prior to getting pregnant. When it happens to me, I just sit down or lay down till it goes away =(
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I had vertigo pretty bad with my first pregnancy but it didn't start until the second trimester and it didn't go away until about 6 months ago (my DD is 2.5 years now). I was slightly anemic and taking more iron started to help after a few months but there wasn't much else I could do besides lie down. I went home sick from work many times because I felt like my office was on a roller coaster all the time.
  • Options
    I feel dizzy and sometimes I worry that I will fall on the floor. If you feel it is not normal call your Dr though. 
  • Options
    I was diagnosed with Meniere's Disease a week before I found out I was pregnant. I woke up one day and couldn't hear out of my right ear. They did a hearing test and put me on prednisone for 10 days. This whole process with Dr's, meds, getting my hearing back was 3 weeks. The following week I found out I was 4 1/2 weeks pregnant! Luckily they said the meds that early had no affect on the baby. I'm having symptoms now of vertigo, tinnitus, and some hearing l loss but I plan on waiting it out because most of the meds aren't safe for the baby.
  • Options
    ijstarr28 said:

susykat77 I normally get vertigo and have been to an ENT to look at it.  They said mine is possible meniere's disease and reduced sodium and increased fluids help. 

I had a vertigo attack on Sunday (yesterday) and I cannot take my medicine if i'm pregnant, so I tested and got a super faint line. I suffered through it for about 4 hours trying to get some fluids in me.  I went out for food and I grabbed a digital test and it said positive!!!

Your vertigo may be caused by something different, so check with your Dr. 

Moral of the story: Drink a lot more fluids and no processed foods.  See if that helps, (cant hurt).
    I have menieres, so does my mom. Thankfully it comes and goes for both of us. But when it's bad, it's so bad! We've both cut our sodium intake and I do believe that helps.

I did have an episode this morning. Was in the bathroom with my two kids and the vertigo hit me so hard that I had to grab the counter to keep from falling. Terrible! I can't have it start to get bad now with how sick I am already, so I really hope it was a one-time thing.
  • Options
    I think vertigo has been my main pregnancy symptom this time.  I've never experienced it before but I would have to stop walking and hold on to the wall to keep from falling down a few times.  Also, when I closed my eyes I could still feel the room spinning.  Very weird feeling but it is not as frequent now that I'm drinking more water and taking the PNV. 
  • Options
    How are you coping with Meniere's? I had a baby 11 weeks ago and have had hearing issues ever since. I've been to two different doctors, both of which think I may have Meniere's Disease. I'm very scared. Now I take a diuretic, drink 64 ounces of water a day, don't drink caffeine or alcohol, and eat a low sodium diet. Is there anything else I can do? Can you tell when you're about to have a vertigo attack?