January 2016 Moms
Options

Need an advice for baby names.

I would like to name my baby Euginia Cayla Arthur . Would like your thought for the middle name as Euginia is fix which is my late mom's name (Euginie).

Re: Need an advice for baby names.

• Options
    Cayla flows nicely with Euginia, which I really like as a throwback name and is great to honor you mom. I am also a lover of older names :)
  • Options
    Is it? I just want a short middle name that flows just right with euginia. How do you think of Caley?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I prefer Eugenia, because it's the more traditional spelling. She'll be constantly correcting people.

I don't really care for Caley, it seems very juvenile and lacks substance compared to Euginia/Eugenia. Maybe just Kay?

Euginia Kay last name.
  • Options
    I love that you're naming her after your mom. I agree with pp who said they prefer the traditional spelling though. My name is "uniquely spelled", and I get so frustrated and tired of correcting people/spelling it out.

I think you can do better than Cayla. Eugenia is such a classic, that it's hard to picture it with such an obviously recent name. Kayla/Cayla was so popular in the 90s. I think something a bit more timeless would flow better. I'd also probably shoot for something short and feminine sounding to counter balance such a strong first name.

Eugenia Rose is quite pretty.
  • Options
    Thank u for all of your thought... It really help me with the traditional spelling Eugenia. Both Kay and Rose are such beautiful names and so feminine... I honestly prefer more on 1 syllable name for the last name.
  • Options
    If you're going for two syllables- what about Louise or Marie. Both seem to go well with Euginia and stay with the old traditional names. Or Camille? Similar to Cayla but fits in with the era.
  • Options
    Or Louisa or Maria depending on what your last name is.
  • Options
    I prefer the traditional spelling of Eugenia, as others do. My thoughts on Cayla is that it seems kind of awkward to have two names side by side that both end in the "-a" sound. 
    That being said, how many syllables does your last name have? That may help you decide on the length of the middle name.
    For example, if your last name (or hers) is a hyphenate or really long, I would stick with one syllable. I think odd-numbered syllables are more appealing personally to my ear. You may try both ways, and see what you like.
    Good luck!
  • Options
    Our last name is Arthur.