Baby Showers

BBB or Target?

So I know Buy Buy Baby and Bed Bath & Beyond are under the same company. There isn't a Buy Buy Baby store near me, and Bed Bath & Beyond has a lot of baby stuff on their website I like, with free shipping to their store. Which do you think would be better to register at though - Bed Bath & Beyond or Target? They both seem like similar price points. I don't know what the selection is like at Target, but I know there's a lot of things I like from he BB&B site. Younger guests I think will prefer to buy online, but I don't think some of my older family members will want to buy online and have it shipped to a BB&B store. I'm also registering at Babies R Us as another option. I just can't decide between BB&B and Target though.

Re: BBB or Target?

• Maybe register at both places? From my very recent experience, Target's registry is a complete nightmare.
  • Yeah I've heard bad things about Target.
  • Loading the player...
  • I love Target for the deals and shopping, but I wouldn't register there again. If BRU is an option in your area I recommend just going with them and BBB.
  • Don't register at Target. Their customer service is terrible and there's always issues with products not being available, even though they are listed online... and items disappearing, reappearing, and not being accounted for once purchased from the registry. Just do yourself a favor and avoid this altogether. If you like Target I'd suggest shopping in the store only.

As far as the registry goes, I'd go with Babies R Us and Bed Bath & Beyond.
    Vive Les Frasers
    Related image

Anniversary
  • Both!  I'm NAF of Target (I second every problem under the sun) but registered there because the IL's wanted me to.    BRU & BBB are both good for their own reasons and IMO easier to deal with than the Target registry.  OTOH, it's a lot easier to find a Target for those who aren't near a larger town...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I agree with PP. I registered at Target because it was the only store close to the office and my home but most of their good stuff is online only and a lot of it went out of stock, took forever to deliver, I was missing items in my delivery and customer service is in India. If you only register in the store, I think you'll be ok.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am a Target fan but I haven't heard good things about their registry. If you have Babies R Us by you then definitely do that for a physical store that people can go to. If you want to register at BBB then go for it and you can use Bed Bath coupons there as well which I love. I chose BBB over BRU because I have a BBB near me but it is not necessarily near for others. Registering at BRU and BBB would be great. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I registered and BRU and Target and didn't have any issues with the Target registry. A few guests asked for my registry so I directed them to the Target one and everything worked out fine. If there isn't a BBB store near you I would not recommend giving out that registry. Maybe just keep it private and use the completion coupon.
  • Bbb seems much higher price point than target to me.
  • Baby'smom said:

Bbb seems much higher price point than target to me.

This. I registered at both and anything that was available at both I registered for at whichever place was cheaper. If they were the same I usually stuck to BBB. I had no problems with either experience...though I didn't love that free shipping is difficult to come by at BBB. Target is also easier for a lot of people who prefer to shop in person rather than online (make sure the stuff you register for there is available in store).
  • I registered at Target and didn't have any issues. That being said, I noticed that when my friends registered for their showers, things in the store were gone by the time their shower rolled around. So I registered at Target about a week before my shower, and made sure to do it in-store. When my shower rolled around, pretty much everything was still in-store (there were 2-3 items that they no longer had). We don't have a BBB in our area, and our BRU is a good 20min away. My family is the type that would rather drive 5 minutes to a Target, then 20min (into another state), to the BRU...and I don't blame them. They also don't shop online. 

There is a feature on Target online, where you can click on "in-store" and then you can add things to your registry that is in the store and not just sold online. And sometimes items vary by store, I am close to five Targets, and each one carries a lot of the same items.....but also a lot of different items. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • I used babyli.st. It was easier for me. Plus I could pick things from multiple stores and then the list would give people the option of where it was cheaper to purchase it from and so on. It's really a matter of preference though. 
  • Without starting a whole new thread I'll ask my question here.  Have any of you ladies who mentioned hearing bad things about Target have been told that women have had stuff show up on their Target registry that they didn't register for?  I am wondering if someone on my guest list went there and bought a few things that were on the registry as well as a few items that were not, and when they scanned my bar code for my registry the new items they purchased popped up on there. I am not trying to check my registry but actually went to take something off that a family member said the lady in the store had trouble doing and noticed that packs of diapers and some flannel blankets I never registered for were checked off with a green arrow saying they were purchased. Not that I care if people are buying off of what we listed, but I thought that was kind of odd.
  • Without starting a whole new thread I'll ask my question here.  Have any of you ladies who mentioned hearing bad things about Target have been told that women have had stuff show up on their Target registry that they didn't register for?  I am wondering if someone on my guest list went there and bought a few things that were on the registry as well as a few items that were not, and when they scanned my bar code for my registry the new items they purchased popped up on there. I am not trying to check my registry but actually went to take something off that a family member said the lady in the store had trouble doing and noticed that packs of diapers and some flannel blankets I never registered for were checked off with a green arrow saying they were purchased. Not that I care if people are buying off of what we listed, but I thought that was kind of odd.

I know people can add things to your registry as purchased even if you did not register for the item. Beside the item it should say "1 of 0 purchased". That way if someone buys something that maybe you didn't think to register for, others know it has already been bought.
  • sarahgn said:

Without starting a whole new thread I'll ask my question here.  Have any of you ladies who mentioned hearing bad things about Target have been told that women have had stuff show up on their Target registry that they didn't register for?  I am wondering if someone on my guest list went there and bought a few things that were on the registry as well as a few items that were not, and when they scanned my bar code for my registry the new items they purchased popped up on there. I am not trying to check my registry but actually went to take something off that a family member said the lady in the store had trouble doing and noticed that packs of diapers and some flannel blankets I never registered for were checked off with a green arrow saying they were purchased. Not that I care if people are buying off of what we listed, but I thought that was kind of odd.

I know people can add things to your registry as purchased even if you did not register for the item. Beside the item it should say "1 of 0 purchased". That way if someone buys something that maybe you didn't think to register for, others know it has already been bought.
    It probably also makes it easier to return items, and goes toward registry bonuses, if the store offers them.