April 2016 Moms
Options

Plus size first time mom

Is it normal to not really feel pregnant at 17weeks?

Re: Plus size first time mom

• Options
    Yes, completely normal for a FTM.
  • Options
    Medium-sized and only 14 weeks, but yep.  I only really feel pregnant when I'm at the OB getting an ultrasound and can actually see baby.  I think it'll be easier to believe I'm actually pregnant once I start showing, and/or once I feel movement... but I think those experiences typically come much earlier for slenderer women than for those of us who aren't teeny tiny.  We'll get there, though :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes ma'am!
  • Options
    I fluctuate anywhere between a size 14/18, so not necessary plus but on the larger side of average for sure.. and I only feel pregnant because of the other symptoms. This is my second and I carry weight differently now, so I can tell my body is changing but I'm pretty sure to everyone else I just look like I've let myself go. Hang in there.
  • Options
    Plus size here too and I don't show yet, mainly due to my retroverted uterus and because I have a chubby belly that gives me a small bump which doesn't count lol. It's quite normal so don't worry.

• Options
    I think it's very normal. I'm a size 12 and just now at 16 weeks 5 days am I starting to feel a little pregnant. Just started getting a little belly, although I don't look obviously pregnant. I'm hoping to feel the little one move soon and hopefully that'll make me feel more pregnant.
  • Options
    I'm thin and didn't show til late 20 something weeks(the first time I actually looked pregnant was 28 weeks). And didn't feel movement til 20-22 ish weeks. Everyone said because I'm thin I'd show and feel him earlier, but nope. So totally normal
    First BFP 12/2012, MMC at 9 weeks
    Second BFP 6/2013, resulted in DS, born 2/23/14 :-)
    Third BFP 5/2015, natural MC at 6 weeks
    Fourth BFP 8/2015, hoping for sticky little brother or sister to H!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Proud SAHM to our little monkey H. 
    Pro Vax, extended breasftfeeder, ring sling and stroller loving mama. I don't judge you unless you don't vaccinate!
  • Options
    I started at a size 8/10 with my DD and really only started showing about halfway in. With this LO I started at a size 12, but was showing at around 9 weeks. It really differs from person to person.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I struggled with this in my prior pregnancies, especially my first. I started at approx a size 22. I am also tall and fairly long torsoed. I actually lost 20lb during the pregnancy due to m/s and healthier eating. But I never really had a bump, and never wore maternity clothes. The average passerby would have not have known I was pregnant, even on the day I walked into the hospital to be induced. I actually felt very emotional and insecure about that. Like I didn't get a "real" pregnancy experience :(

The second time I started a size or so smaller. My lack of showing actually worked in my favor as I opted not to share my pregnancy at work until I was about 30 weeks. No one had a clue. Toward the end I did get a little bigger, but still didn't have a nice, traditional bump :(

This pregnancy I'm starting at my lightest weight since well before my first pregnancy. But I'm shaped differently, and my belly is saggier (the toll taken from previous pregnancies and weight gain/loss, plus the c/s with DD2). At 14weeks I'm not showing at all, and don't really feel pregnant yet. We will see if I get any sort of bump this time around.
    Love: 8.10.99
    Marriage: 12.18.04
    DD1: 5.19.10
    DD2: 4.11.12
    #3 EDD 4.23.16

• Options
    I am a 5'9 and a size 20. In my first pregnancy, anyone would've just saw me as my normal chub self. This time I'm actually starting to show a bit at 14 weeks. My sis in law, super skinny size 0, didn't show with her first until 6 months. So yes, totally normal and totally different for everyone. :)
  • Options
    I showed pretty early with both my pregnancies. I was a size 8-10 when I got pregnant with my son and was showing at 15-17 weeks. This time I was a size 4-6 before getting pregnant and was showng even earlier, like 13-15 weeks, although I don't know how much of it is from being thinner vs. second pregnancy.
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Options
    I'm pretty average sized (size 10/12 pre pregnancy) 16 weeks with my first and I feel like everything is just being pulled by gravity. I'm losing fluff in my shoulders and its all going south. Still not obviously pregnant though, which is ok with me still getting used to the idea :)
  • Options
    I am a 12/14 and the only reason why I am showing a little at 16 weeks is because I mostly carry my weight in my lower half. But, you can only tell it's a bump if I'm in a dress. Otherwise, it just looks like I had a large meal. If it wasn't for the bump, I would not feel pregnant - just sleepy.
  • Options
    I'm short and petite, 16 weeks, and I just look kinda chubby. If I push out it almost looks like a bump, but I really just look like I put on 15 pounds. It's more chub than those "I just ate a burrito" food babies, though.
  • Options
    I'm 16 weeks and started my pregnancy at a 14/16, so I definitely don't think I look or feel pregnant yet. I have always carried weight in my stomach and I think I look the same but some people say they can see it, so IDK. Like others have said the look to me is definitely "just ate a burrito" and not "miracle of life" level. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm a size 20 at 5'6", and carry most of my weight in my butt, thighs, and belly. I'm embracing it! I wear maternity jeans with a belly band and it makes my fat belly look like a bump belly. I don't care that my fat makes my 16-weeks pregnant tummy look 30 weeks
    BabyFruit Ticker