imrachelleaimrachellea member
edited October 2015 in April 2016 Moms
Let 'em out ladies...

**not always flame free!**
Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

Re: FFFC!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @imrachellea no flames from me!! I bribe my daughter to do all the same things, but my daughter is crying because she wants to be naked!
  • Options
    Sometimes to get food cooked for meals I let our dogs keep DD occupied so I don't have a screaming 22 month old at my feet pulling my pants down.
  • Options
    @imrachellea, DD is almost 5, and still fights getting dressed in the mornings...I totally use the "mommy's not feeling well this morning because of the baby, let's get dressed quickly with no fussing so I don't get sick again"  She understands it and has actually started asking "how's the baby making you feel today" before I can even say anything when waking her up.  I feel a little bit bad about using the baby to my advantage, but at the same time....I am honestly quite sick every day!  

My FFFC (that I am SURE will be flamed, bring it on)---I want to punch DH's ex in the throat.  it's time for her to realize that when she decided cheat numerous times and agreed to divorce, she also decided to walk away from DH's family.  It's confusing to DSS and annoying to everyone else.  Nobody is comfortable around her, but we all play nice in front of the kids.  But really, I want to take her outside and pound some common sense into her.  Back up off my family woman, you hurt them, you left, cut the damn cord! 
    PS--I'm NOT a violent person and realize this would never solve anything...just makes me feel better sometimes to imagine it.

imageimage
  • Options
    Muggle loverMuggle lover member
    edited October 2015
    I love eating McDonald's. I think just about everything on the menu is yummy
    DS born on 4/16/16

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

My FFFC (that I am SURE will be flamed, bring it on)---I want to punch DH's ex in the throat.  it's time for her to realize that when she decided cheat numerous times and agreed to divorce, she also decided to walk away from DH's family.  It's confusing to DSS and annoying to everyone else.  Nobody is comfortable around her, but we all play nice in front of the kids.  But really, I want to take her outside and pound some common sense into her.  Back up off my family woman, you hurt them, you left, cut the damn cord! 
    PS--I'm NOT a violent person and realize this would never solve anything...just makes me feel better sometimes to imagine it.
    I'm not flaming you really but as a "child of divorce", I believe it is beneficial for both sides of the family to remain friendly. My mom cheated on my dad and that's why they divorced when I was very young too and my dad ended up with custody because my mom had (RE: still has lol) a lot of issues. And even though as an adult my dad will speak negatively about my mom to me and my siblings he never did so when we were children and vise versa. I remember my dad and grandfather (mom's dad) having a very awkward conversation once when I was present and knowing now (and having been in a step situation) that had I not been present they probably wouldn't have even spoken to each other or worse, had words. Of course, there are boundaries but sometimes you have to put aside your dislike or resentment because there are children involved who don't necessarily see "Mom's side of the family" or "Dad's side of the family" or really even "Stepmom's side of the family" to them, it's "My family".
  • Options
    There's this girl I'm friends with on FB ( though not in real life) that posts all her drama about every little thing in her life. I read it every time I get online because it's better than watching drama tv shows. And it usually makes me laugh because then people will comment and she gets all defensive with them. What do you expect to happen lady? You posted it for the whole world to see!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @briterfly84 We are going through something similar with my aunt and uncle. They have been divorced for the last five years but lately she's been posting things like, today would have been our 25th wedding anniversary. I just want to punch her. Move on! She isnt helping anyone.
  • Options
    I have a train-wreck FB too. lol 
  • Options
    @yodiggity I always start singing "No diggity" everytime I see your screen name :P

• Options
    @yodiggity, I totally understand where you are coming from, and appreciate your feedback! We try VERY hard to keep any drama and unpleasant feelings at bay when the kids are around.  Unfortunately, she does not, which is part of my issue.  Being cordial and kind during events for the child is a given and expected, but when she shows up for certain family events (IE out of town DH family reunions and inviting herself to small, intimate family celebrations) it's more confusing for the child.  Especially when the child is aware enough to ask DH why mom is there if she isn't part of that family anymore.  I know every family situation is different and my heart breaks for all kids who live in split homes.  We try our best to minimize the confusion and pain, and I just wish the ex would see the pain it causes.  

imageimage
  • Options

@yodiggity, I totally understand where you are coming from, and appreciate your feedback! We try VERY hard to keep any drama and unpleasant feelings at bay when the kids are around.  Unfortunately, she does not, which is part of my issue.  Being cordial and kind during events for the child is a given and expected, but when she shows up for certain family events (IE out of town DH family reunions and inviting herself to small, intimate family celebrations) it's more confusing for the child.  Especially when the child is aware enough to ask DH why mom is there if she isn't part of that family anymore.  I know every family situation is different and my heart breaks for all kids who live in split homes.  We try our best to minimize the confusion and pain, and I just wish the ex would see the pain it causes.  

I feel pretty strongly about DH's ex as well, but she has primary custody because DH was in the military to support her lazy ass. We plan on moving closer once I'm out and I want as little contact with her as possible. She's an idiot and she doesn't know how to put her children's needs before her own. I would lose my mind if she started showing up at my house or gatherings with the IL's, but if she brought the kids I would bite my tongue.

How does she find out about intimate family gatherings? Is someone posting it up on social media or what? This confuses me.
  • Options
    jonesl12 said:

I think there's no excuse to have smelly kids. I can't tell you how many times I have to spray down exam rooms because how bad people stink ( not just kids).Its so bad it lingers for a long time after they leave. I mean soap is cheap and if u have running water and a bar of soap there's no excuse to smell like a bag of dicks. It's always a mixture of these things : urine, BO, cat piss, cigarette smoke, musky perfume mixed with sweat, poop, dirty hair and or mothball breath . Worse is when we see babies and they have clearly had the same clothes on a few days and now have dirt on them. WTF people !!! I'll judge the crap out of anybody that brings in a baby that smells like smoke and is filthy. The end

For the most part I agree. My BFFs stepdaughter who was 14 at the time refused to bathe. He bm didn't force her to keep clean. My friend tried so many different things to get the girl to shower that she just gave up. At 15 after much bullying the girl finally gave in.
  • Options
    I've been slacking at work pretty bad this week. I haven't been sleeping well and I am drained from dealing with our tenants I just don't care.
  • Options
    jonesl12 said:

I think there's no excuse to have smelly kids. I can't tell you how many times I have to spray down exam rooms because how bad people stink ( not just kids).Its so bad it lingers for a long time after they leave. I mean soap is cheap and if u have running water and a bar of soap there's no excuse to smell like a bag of dicks. It's always a mixture of these things : urine, BO, cat piss, cigarette smoke, musky perfume mixed with sweat, poop, dirty hair and or mothball breath . Worse is when we see babies and they have clearly had the same clothes on a few days and now have dirt on them. WTF people !!! I'll judge the crap out of anybody that brings in a baby that smells like smoke and is filthy. The end

This is DH's ex. Ugh. And she wonders why they get picked on!
  • Options
    jonesl12jonesl12 member
    edited October 2015

jonesl12 said:

For the most part I agree. My BFFs stepdaughter who was 14 at the time refused to bathe. He bm didn't force her to keep clean. My friend tried so many different things to get the girl to shower that she just gave up. At 15 after much bullying the girl finally gave in.
    I see a age gap around 13-16 that kids dont see the value in hygene . It seems to get better with most after they turn 18 or so . I don't remember caring too much until I was 16 or so but I didn't stink at least .
    The adults on the other hand it's seriously just like ... Why? Why not wash yourself and your small child. You have $$$ wash your pits dude
  • Options
    yodiggity said:

I'm not flaming you really but as a "child of divorce", I believe it is beneficial for both sides of the family to remain friendly. My mom cheated on my dad and that's why they divorced when I was very young too and my dad ended up with custody because my mom had (RE: still has lol) a lot of issues. And even though as an adult my dad will speak negatively about my mom to me and my siblings he never did so when we were children and vise versa. I remember my dad and grandfather (mom's dad) having a very awkward conversation once when I was present and knowing now (and having been in a step situation) that had I not been present they probably wouldn't have even spoken to each other or worse, had words. Of course, there are boundaries but sometimes you have to put aside your dislike or resentment because there are children involved who don't necessarily see "Mom's side of the family" or "Dad's side of the family" or really even "Stepmom's side of the family" to them, it's "My family".
    I would love to get to the point with DH's ex where we can all get along and be present at key functions. But, to be blunt, she sucks at life. Examples: the kids all have parent-teacher conferences this week, and she can't be bothered to go because "it's not her week". (Um, you are a parent 24/7, even if the kids are physically staying at dad's house.) She doesn't enforce boundaries or rules for the kids and then screams and freaks out when they don't behave the way she wants. She's talked SO much shit about DH and about me (which, we've only met a handful of times in the 2.5 years I've known her kids) on social media and in front of the kids, when in fact the reason for their divorce was that she repeatedly cheated on DH. I truly think she has some undiagnosed mental issues and maybe someday she'll get on meds and even out and then things will be nice. But really, I'm looking forward to the day when the kids are over 18, because most likely she'll just fall off the face of the planet.
  • Options
    My actual FFFC is that I complained about a smelly coworker for the second time this week. I do not understand how this woman smells as bad as she does and doesn't notice it. Management did nothing about it the first time due to other performance issues that needed to be addressed first...which I don't really get. It's not that hard to say "look, here's our code of conduct. it includes presenting yourself professionally at work. there have been some complaints about your hygiene. I trust that you will take care of this so that it doesn't impact your working relationships." But our HR apparently sucks about that.

Seriously, though, if it continues to go unaddressed, I am going to write an anonymous note and leave a walgreen's gift card. I had to take the elevator with her yesterday and nearly gagged.
  • Options
    I know my childhood parental situation is the exception but I was also in a step situation with my ex-husband. It too was a bit different from the norm as well so I'm probably jaded.
  • Options
    AEG84 said:

My actual FFFC is that I complained about a smelly coworker for the second time this week. I do not understand how this woman smells as bad as she does and doesn't notice it. Management did nothing about it the first time due to other performance issues that needed to be addressed first...which I don't really get. It's not that hard to say "look, here's our code of conduct. it includes presenting yourself professionally at work. there have been some complaints about your hygiene. I trust that you will take care of this so that it doesn't impact your working relationships." But our HR apparently sucks about that.

Seriously, though, if it continues to go unaddressed, I am going to write an anonymous note and leave a walgreen's gift card. I had to take the elevator with her yesterday and nearly gagged.

We have one of those! It's awful.. I can't stand to sit next to her in meetings.. And she's so Nice, but good lord, wash those clothes!

My FFFC.

All of my friends keep talking about how their moms came to stay when the baby came home from the hospital, and how nice it was.

I'm horrified at the thought of my mom even visiting right away. She makes me crazy, and I don't want her here for the birth/first days. And then I feel horrible for thinking that. But, crazy ladies, she makes me CRAZY.
  • Options
    Here's another, because I'm sad my delicious lunch is gone:
    I feel like I could literally drink gravy right now. I had the most amazing dinner on vaca a couple weeks ago (roasted turkey and gravy over bacon mashed potatoes on top of a safe stuffing waffle...omg) and I have been craving turkey and gravy since. Earlier this week I made a crockpot chicken and gravy with homemade mashed potatoes and just finished the leftovers. I am so so so sad, and I want more gravy. Probably over something would be best, but I'm not picky...
    :P
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @misstopsail I'm so glad you wrote that, I feel the same way about my MIL coming for the birth and staying.  I keep trying to figure out how to approach this subject with DH.  I want my parents there, but they live closer than her and could come for the birth, help us get home and head home themselves.  Ideally I would love for the first week home to be just us and the baby.  MIL comes from farther so if she comes it's for at least 5 days and the thought makes me want to shoot myself in the face.  I love her and she means well but she drives me up a damn wall
  • Options
    Mmmmmm thanksgiving ! So glad I'm not hosting this year !
  • Options
    I guess my FFFC is I sometimes want to post on some threads, suck it the fk up, but I don't for fear of being banned and I like seeing my little badges. I don't want to start over lol Edit because I just woke up, I got one eye open trying to type right now

Yep, this is me as well. I panicked the other morning on that post about the ultrasound guess when all the white knights showed up. It and her other posts disappeared and I thought for sure I got banned. I kept checking to see if I had any abuse points. I wasn't mean, but it doesn't take much to get in trouble any more.

DS 10/19/09

DD 3/14/11

BFP 8/8/12 EDD 4/20/13 MMC @ 9+ wks D&C 9/27/12

DS2 9/12/13

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    @amandac12581

I've made it painfully clear to DH that I don't want anyone (my dad, his mom, etc) at the house for a solid 24 after we get home. Maybe you can let DH know that, and when his mom talks about coming, he can tell her about the house rule. That way, you're not excluding her from the birth, but the house afterwards.. It's the same result, but sounds better ;) And hold the rule for your parents too, but it sounds like they could still stop by the hospital before you go home.
  • Options

AEG84 said:

We have one of those! It's awful.. I can't stand to sit next to her in meetings.. And she's so Nice, but good lord, wash those clothes!

My FFFC.

All of my friends keep talking about how their moms came to stay when the baby came home from the hospital, and how nice it was.

I'm horrified at the thought of my mom even visiting right away. She makes me crazy, and I don't want her here for the birth/first days. And then I feel horrible for thinking that. But, crazy ladies, she makes me CRAZY.
    Part of the reason I have animals in the house is that my parents won't want to stay because of it. Also, I will be sleeping in my own bed after I give birth, so they can sleep on an air mattress or go to a hotel. I know they'll get a hotel room because they won't be able to get off of an air mattress in the morning. My mother is my complete opposite and I can hardly stand our obligatory weekly phone calls, but I don't want to exclude her from such an important time in my life. i agree with PP about waiting at least 24 hours to come to your house.
  • Options
    @misstopsail that's a great idea!  Maybe she can airbnb a place to stay or come up a week after the birth once we're situated.  Thankfully there's still time to work all this out :)  
  • Options

@misstopsail I'm so glad you wrote that, I feel the same way about my MIL coming for the birth and staying.  I keep trying to figure out how to approach this subject with DH.  I want my parents there, but they live closer than her and could come for the birth, help us get home and head home themselves.  Ideally I would love for the first week home to be just us and the baby.  MIL comes from farther so if she comes it's for at least 5 days and the thought makes me want to shoot myself in the face.  I love her and she means well but she drives me up a damn wall

I had to have a similar conversation with DH when DD was born. I can't stand his mom and she would be terrible in the delivery room. He agreed. I didn't want MIL anywhere near me for the first few weeks. When my BIL at the birth of his son I thought they were nuts. She's crazy....
  • Options
    I shamefully admit I have no clue what FFFC stands for, but it seems like venting, so here goes.....

I personally called my oldest friend (26 years of friendship) first and told her I was expecting. She had sort of an "oh hey, cool, congratulations" attitude about it - I thought she was excited.  Well, when I finally decided to announce it on Facebook to friends, I received the following message from her:

"Please don't think I'm trying to steal your joy or anything--because I swear I'm not. I'm happy and excited for you. But this has also been hard for me. I've been wanting a family of my own for a long time, so it's hard watching everyone around me get the thing I've been wanting. I'm not asking you to feel sorry for me or anything like that, I'm just telling you all this because you are my best friend and I want to be honest."

(To add some insight, she has been married 3 times and divorced by the age of 30 and has no underlying medical issues that hinder her from having children, she has just never stayed married long enough for children -per her). Just seemed like a slap in the face, but even so I told her "I'm so sorry that it hurts you. To be honest, your email made me very sad, because I wanted you to be a part of it, but I understand and I'm sorry you're hurting. I too have wanted a family for a very long time, so I know how it feels."
    I finally figured out she blocked me from seeing her Facebook wall and she hasn't talked to me since. :(
  • Options
    I miss the old bump too....

My FFFC is that I wore yoga pants under a long sweatshirt to work today. Friday is spirit/Jean day, but I just wanted to be comfortable. I have never thought jeans to be comfortable. I guess this is a confession/ UO combo.
  • Options
    My sister is ttc. Like hardcore, short of seeking professional intervention.

Here's the thing. Just a few months ago, she was pushing her bf to get married. He vented to me that she was acting like she wanted him to buy the ring with her and then immediately propose to her in the jewelry store showroom. So I told her she needs to slow it down and back off so that he can plan something because that's obviously what he wants to do. That was early September and he hasn't asked her yet. But now, it's like she's completely forgotten about that and has moved on to getting knocked up asap. wtf? She's purchased those ovulation strips and "Conception lube"? wtf is that? And her BF even made a comment to mine about how we got it right the first time (baby is a welcome surprise) and that they've been trying "for months". It actually made my bf feel uncomfortable.

I mean, they've been living together for just over a year now and he still doesn't refer to the house as his house. He refers to it as "Sister's name's house". I feel like maybe he isn't comfortable quite yet and he's kind of a putz and I feel like she's pushing him into something he's not ready for and I don't want it to blow up in her face. She's already got a child who was conceived after a really nasty break up (they were hooking up after the break up and she got knocked up) and I don't want her to have to go through all of the custody issues again.