Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Absolutely panicked beyond belief

I just got a bfp... As in I haven't even told my husband yet because he isn't off of work. And I feel like I'm going to cry and scream and run around all at the same time but after my loss I'm worried that something is already wrong. I've been feeling a little crampy which I thought was af coming. Did anyone have anything similar happen and how did it end?!

Re: Absolutely panicked beyond belief

• Options
    I am 4 weeks 1 day and I've had mild AF type cramping since 5-6 dpo. It's normal to have some cramping and as long as there's no associated bleeding there's no need to be concerned. 
  • Options
    Whew!!! Thank you @cdnrunning! I've been reading some stories on here and it's helped me feel a little better! I just need to enjoy this pregnancy :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had cramps, too! That my period was coming, especially around my ovaries. Congratulations! I'd run around the house now if I were you. :)

If you're really worried you can ask your doctor to check your hcg and progesterone levels every other day for a week. It just gave me one more thing to worry about, but I'm sure it helps some people!
  • Options
    The cramps are perfectly normal (unless you're doubled over in pain). I had them from 6-7dpo and they continued lightly for awhile. Wishing you all the best in this new pregnancy! Welcome!
    1st Pregnancy: EDD 12/31/15; Diagnosed Turner's with terminal cystic hygroma 13wks; induced at 14wks, +3 d+c's.
    2nd Pregnancy: BFP 10/8/15; EDD 6/21/16

• Options
    Congratulations on your BFP!!  It is completely normal to be a little nervous, I was a mess every U/S and appointment.  I had bloodwork done early on to rule out BO and CP, and then had u/s at 8,10,12 weeks.  Baby is doing great!!
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • Options
    I had mild cramping 1-2 weeks before my expected period. That wasn't normal for me so i ended up testing a little early and sure enough it was positive!! I really don't remember at what point it tapered off but as pp said as long as its not severe and there is no bleeding i would try not to worry. Conngrats and good luck!! =D>
  • Options
    I've had cramping on and off during most of my first trimester. Naturally at the beginning I ran to the bathroom every hour and would cautiously wipe, afraid I would see blood but cramping is TOTALLY normal, sweet mama! I'm a little over 10 weeks and the cramps have mostly stopped but at the beginning they were there, boy where they there.

Good luck!!!
  • Options
    I know how you feel! I just got a BFP and it's the first time I've gotten pregnant again since losing a pregnancy at 6 weeks. I'm so excited but also don't want to get my hopes up in case it turns out like before. Also had some mild cramping and spotting but it's good to hear that this seems to be normal. Fingers crossed for all of us! X