High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Not enough fetal dna/MaterniT21

Has anyone had this result on their MaterniT21 test? I called my dr yesterday to ask if they had my results yet, and they called Sequenom. Sequenom said that there wasn't enough fetal DNA in the first vial of blood, so they were going to test the second vial. Has anyone had this happen and gotten results from the second vial but not the first? It doesn't make sense to me... I just want my results and will be upset if I have to do it again!! I was 12.5 weeks at the time of the blood draw. Thanks!

Re: Not enough fetal dna/MaterniT21

• Options
    This happened to me twice before the nurse explained. 1. I'm having twins so it wouldn't work for me anyway (which maternit21 assured my ob it would)
    2. If you are not between 165 and 185 pounds it can be very difficult for them to differentiate baby's Dna from your own. Don't stress. It didn't mean there was a problem for me!
  • Options
    It happened to me too, because the lab used a "butterfly" needle.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I did it twice and both times they told me there wasn't enough fetal DNA. I'm 32 weeks pregnant with twin boys and at every ultrasound they are the most average looking little guys...not kidding, they are always in the 50th percentile. Both my OB and MFM docs said it doesn't always work and not enough DNA doesn't mean anything.