Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Newbie intro here...might be slightly TMI?

Hi. Idk what to say really. I'm about to be 23 and my husband is 22. We've been together for a little over 2 years and married for a month. We basically decided we were going to start TTC after we were married. So I went to my gyno to get my yearly and talk about it before the wedding. My gyno ran some blood tests to make sure all my hormones were normal and everything came back great and it seemed like were gonna be good to go.

However, a week before the wedding I started spotting and it lasted non stop for three consecutive weeks. I went back to my gyno and she did a ultrasound to make sure everything looked normal and I have two weeks until I meet with her to discuss the results. In the meantime, I've been spotting again (only stopped for like 5 days) and haven't had a period since August. Not pregnant though. :(

So now I am left feeling very frustrated and upset and I feel like its my fault we can't even try right now. My gyno is talking about putting me on provera but I haven't decided if I'm comfortable with that. I just want my cycle to get back on track.

Also, I am in no way asking for advice. I guess just venting in my intro more than anything.

Re: Newbie intro here...might be slightly TMI?

• Options

Hi. Idk what to say really. I'm about to be 23 and my husband is 22. We've been together for a little over 2 years and married for a month. We basically decided we were going to start TTC after we were married. So I went to my gyno to get my yearly and talk about it before the wedding. My gyno ran some blood tests to make sure all my hormones were normal and everything came back great and it seemed like were gonna be good to go.

However, a week before the wedding I started spotting and it lasted non stop for three consecutive weeks. I went back to my gyno and she did a ultrasound to make sure everything looked normal and I have two weeks until I meet with her to discuss the results. In the meantime, I've been spotting again (only stopped for like 5 days) and haven't had a period since August. Not pregnant though. :(

So now I am left feeling very frustrated and upset and I feel like its my fault we can't even try right now. My gyno is talking about putting me on provera but I haven't decided if I'm comfortable with that. I just want my cycle to get back on track.

Also, I am in no way asking for advice. I guess just venting in my intro more than anything.

Provera is usually the first thing doctors try to get your periods back. Why aren't you comfortable with it? It just mimics the raised progesterone from the last 2 weeks (the luteal phase) of a cycle. Then when you stop taking it, your body thinks it's time to have your period.

I think you would learn a lot from reading the newbie blog (one of the first posts on this board). And also a book called taking charge of your fertility by Toni W. Good luck.
    My TTC History:
    2009: missed miscarriage #1 at 9 weeks (trisomy 16)
    2010: Infertility
    2011: Diagnosis and treatment (low sperm count, anastrozole for DH, clomid for me + IUI)
    2012: Baby #1
    2014: Baby #2
    October 2015: missed miscarriage #2 at 11 weeks (trisomy 22)
    March 2016 BFP#5, due November 2016.

My Charts since 2009

• Options
    Welcome to the community!  Sorry you're going through the struggles!  I have the opposite problem - no bleeding whatsoever for months, and no pregnancy.  Unfortunately TTC isn't very easy.  Hope you get it all sorted out soon!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome. Sorry about your spotting issues, that sounds really frustrating. I am also curious why you don't want to try provera if that's what your Dr. is suggesting?

Married 4.26.08
    TTC #1 April 2015
    BFP #1 11.15.15
    MMC/NMC 12.22.15
    BFP #2 6.13.16
    NMC 7.2.16

LFAF March Siggy: Nasty Women
    Kate McKinnon
    Image result for kate mckinnon quotes gifImage result for kate mckinnon quotes gif

Other LFAF Awards: Most likely shopping for LuLaRoe, Sweetest LFAFer, Kindest, Jokiest Jokester, Most likely to meow, Best smelling Bumpie, LFAFer I'd like to meet, Most Genuine

• Options
    Welcome and good luck to you. I hope you get some answers soon about your spotting and periods.
  • Options
    Welcome! My assumption as to why you are unsure of the drug is bc you aren't sure exactly what it is or does. I'd recommend doing some research. From what I have read it is pretty harmless and is used to do exactly what you are wanting to happen. GL!

Addison (DD) born 6/10/12
    M/C 3/3/14 Due 10/8/14
    Rainbow Koen (DS) born 7/9/16

Lfafer  you want to have in your playgroup  * Best Baker  * Sweetest Lfafer * Best NBR\GTKY Threads*  Most Supportive Lfafer *   Best Mom * Lfafer you want organizing your meal train after birth

• Options
    Well I was all for the Provera and I mentioned it to my mom and she told me all these things about not taking medication and it freaked me out. However, after reading yalls comments I did look into it more and have decided that provided my ultrasounds come back normal, I will start Provera.

I also ordered TCOYF book on Amazon after reading about it in the welcome post thing.
  • Options
    Provera works wonders.  It's the only way I've been able to get a period after stopping the pill.  Don't be afraid!
  • Options
    Really? So you had that problem too? I've literally been crying myself to sleep at night because I've been terrified of being infertile because none of my other friends have had issues like mine.

Thanks for telling me though. Definitely makes me feel more comfortable.
  • Options
    Welcome. Sorry to hear you're having a hard time. I think gathering all the information you can until you see your doc again is smart. Also if you trust your doctor, her opinions about what's going on and what options exist will be extremely valuable. In the end you should do what you are comfortable with. While many people here are okay with taking prescription medications, I personally avoid them unless I have absolutely no choice. My husband and I have decided that if we can't conceive naturally we won't be having children (still an option as we move into the next cycle and I seemingly have a short LP). It's a personal choice and I just wanted to share a different perspective. Figure out what you think and how you feel and talk to your doctor :) Good luck on your journey!