May 2016 Moms
Options

Baby Bump

Today I am 11 weeks and 3 days... Am I the only one not even showing yet. Not even a little tiny bump. People make it seem like they start showing so early. I know everybody is different but I think I'm just so ready to start showing that it seem as if it's taking forever.

Re: Baby Bump

• Options
    It's very normal to not start showing until 20+ weeks.
  • Options
    It's very normal to not start showing until 20+ weeks.
    This. A lot of it is body type too. I am only 5' 3" with a rather short torso. With my first there was no where for baby to go but out. No hiding for me. Not showing quite as early this time around but I'm carrying about 10 lbs more around my middle.

Showing early is the exception, not the the norm.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My pregnancy boobs and butt are showing but no baby bump yet.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I think a lot of people at this point have more of a blump than a bump.

First Pregnancy
    • BFP: 01/25/2015
    • EDD: 09/28/2015
    • Incomplete MC: 02/28/2015

Second Pregnancy

• BFP: 09/11/2015
    • EDD: 05/25/2016
    Baby Born
    04/15/2016

PGAL
  • Options
    No bump yet either. Exactly 12 weeks today. I had a lot of bloat around the 7th week. I guess it's normal but for some art reason I can't wait to show my belly
  • Options
    I can't wait either !
  • Options
    My blump is out there but the baby is so small, it's definitely not a bump yet. Be patient, it will come! 
  • Options
    seasalt123seasalt123 member
    edited October 2015
    Question for second time moms: 

I see so many women write 'I didn't start showing until 20 weeks'. I am sure there are some women who do carry that way, however, it seems a lot more rare in real life than what I've read in bump threads. 

So I'm wondering, what does 'showing' mean to you? For me, I see it has, when could I see a bump developing (that wasn't just bloat) and when could my close friends tell. However, I think some people may be answering it as 'when could other people I don't know tell I was pregnant vs just someone with a belly'. 

I hope that makes sense. 
  • Options
    Bluejay3030Bluejay3030 member
    edited October 2015

Question for second time moms: 

I see so many women write 'I didn't start showing until 20 weeks'. I am sure there are some women who do carry that way, however, it seems a lot more rare in real life than what I've read in bump threads. 

So I'm wondering, what does 'showing' mean to you? For me, I see it has, when could I see a bump developing (that wasn't just bloat) and when could my close friends tell. However, I think some people may be answering it as 'when could other people I don't know tell I was pregnant vs just someone with a belly'. 

I hope that makes sense. 
    @seasalt123 - my belly finally popped out around 20 weeks with my first, but before that I noticed my waist gradually getting thicker, if that makes sense. It's hard to explain, but before 20 weeks I mostly just looked like I had put on a couple of extra pounds, and it wasn't until mid-20s that people started making comments.

Edit: spelling
  • Options
    That makes perfect sense @bluejay3030. Thanks for answering me.

A friend of mine had told me 20 weeks but I remember her showing long before then. She then showed me her 15 week belly shot and there's a very clear belly. I guess to the average person on the street, they wouldn't know she was pregnant, but to her (and her friends) it was very obvious. She meant the same thing you did - that she looked like a 'pregnant lady' at 20 plus weeks, where as before, her friends and coworkers could tell but not someone who hadn't met her. 

I'm trying to gauge when to tell work and I don't want to think I have until 20 weeks if my belly spills the beans beforehand. 
  • Options
    I'm short with an almost non-existent torso, haha, so I am a little over 10 weeks and I can definitely tell a difference and am already wearing a belly band. I'm pretty sure it's not bloat, because looking in the mirror yesterday I realized that my once, very much an "in-y" belly button is now a very distinct "out-y". This seems to me to suggest that I'm getting pushed out and not just adding extra water weight. I think the only way for me to grow is out! My doctor was pretty surprised too :)
  • Options
    @seasalt123 Showing for me was when my bump was rounded/hard rather than bloaty/squishy. It was small, but by 14ish weeks, it was pretty obvious I was pregnant to others.  By 20 weeks, I looked like I was smuggling a soccer ball in my shirt.
  • Options
    @seasalt123 with my first people who knew me could tell by 14 or 15 weeks. This time around I've got serious blump at 9 weeks but I definitely didn't get abs back after DS so I set myself up!
    Me 27 | DH 28
    DS October 2014
    #2 May 2016
  • Options
    kbrands7 said:
    @seasalt123 Showing for me was when my bump was rounded/hard rather than bloaty/squishy. It was small, but by 14ish weeks, it was pretty obvious I was pregnant to others.  By 20 weeks, I looked like I was smuggling a soccer ball in my shirt.

This is a great explanation. Thanks! :)
  • Options
    The majority of people don't even begin to show until 16 weeks. I'm 11 weeks and definitely not showing.. Just getting pudgy lol
  • Options
    Until my blump doesn't go away after a good poo, nor grow after every meal, and is not squishy, I'm not going to consider it a baby bump.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    Thanks for all the replies ladies. I think @kbrands7 has nailed the description from what I can see in real life. 
  • Options
    Happy to help!
  • Options
    I'm 10 weeks and 2 days... My boobs have gone up two cup sizes. My jeans don't button any longer (my hips have expanded already) and I look super bloated!!! But no baby bump! And if at all possible since my clothes don't fit, somehow I'm 3 pounds lighter than when I started this journey. So who knows when the baby bump starts to show... Right now, all I feel like is a giant marshmallow!