Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

TTC sore nipples but negative test.

We have been trying to conceive for a little less then a year! Over a week ago I noticed my nipples were really sore. Which they are still sore. I have recently been taking a test about every 4 days in hopes for a positive but thats not happening. I havnt had my period since February (thats when i stopped bc) which I have been seeing the doctor about and was told no intercourse for 2 weeks before they give me something to try to force my period. My question is has anyone experienced this? What happened to you? <-- this is my question. I know im not pregnant I know what a negative test is.

Answers

• Options
    Crowqueen03Crowqueen03 member
    edited October 2015
    Negative= Not pregnant.If your nipples are sore its not because of pregnancy.Maybe your body is gearing up for AF that's causing it.Please lurk around more and read https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12613283/the-ultimate-ttgp-guide-newbies-read-this-first/p1

We have been trying to conceive for a little less then a year! Over a week ago I noticed my nipples were really sore. Which they are still sore. I have recently been taking a test about every 4 days in hopes for a positive but thats not happening. I havnt had my period since February (thats when i stopped bc) which I have been seeing the doctor about and was told no intercourse for 2 weeks before they give me something to try to force my period. My question is has anyone experienced this? What happened to you?

TTC #2

What i'm trying: Seed Cycling,Fertility Friend,&Charting.
    My Ovulation Chart

• Options
    Negative tests = not pregnant every time

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I know I wasnt asking if I was. I just wanted to know if anyone has had a period in a #of months and started to have sore nipples one day.
  • Options
    I know I wasnt asking if I was. I just wanted to know if anyone has had a period in a #of months and started to have sore nipples one day.
    Yes.Lots of woman on here do.Can be caused by multiple things at any time.
    TTC #2

My Ovulation Chart

• Options
    No my question was.. to whoever hasn't has a period in a couple months did this person experience sore nipples randomly after not having a period for a couple months.
  • Options

No my question was.. to whoever hasn't has a period in a couple months did this person experience sore nipples randomly after not having a period for a couple months.

How would this info be helpful? Honestly curious.
    My TTC History:
    2009: missed miscarriage #1 at 9 weeks (trisomy 16)
    2010: Infertility
    2011: Diagnosis and treatment (low sperm count, anastrozole for DH, clomid for me + IUI)
    2012: Baby #1
    2014: Baby #2
    October 2015: missed miscarriage #2 at 11 weeks (trisomy 22)
    March 2016 BFP#5, due November 2016.

My Charts since 2009

• Options
    If someone had a similar experience maybe I could mention it to my doc. It be the problem or not but it wouldnt hurt to say something.
  • Options
    Crowqueen03Crowqueen03 member
    edited October 2015
    Once again,Many woman on here have PCOS and/or going off BC have very long to no periods and yes they get sore nipples.Their body has no bearing on yours though.Have your doctor check you out if you are worried about it.

TTC #2

My Ovulation Chart

• Options

If someone had a similar experience maybe I could mention it to my doc. It be the problem or not but it wouldnt hurt to say something.

"Hi doctor, I just wanted to let you know that some rando on the Internet also had sore nipples." What?
    Maybe thats how you would say it but not how I would.
  • Options

"Hi doctor, I just wanted to let you know that some rando on the Internet also had sore nipples." What?
    How would you say it?
    My TTC History:
    2009: missed miscarriage #1 at 9 weeks (trisomy 16)
    2010: Infertility
    2011: Diagnosis and treatment (low sperm count, anastrozole for DH, clomid for me + IUI)
    2012: Baby #1
    2014: Baby #2
    October 2015: missed miscarriage #2 at 11 weeks (trisomy 22)
    March 2016 BFP#5, due November 2016.

My Charts since 2009

• Options

How would you say it?
    Simply ask if I can be checked for a certain issue.
  • Options

Once again,Many woman on here have PCOS and/or going off BC have very long to no periods and yes they get sore nipples.Their body has no bearing on yours though.Have your doctor check you out if you are worried about it.

Thanks! I was recently checked but they told me everything was fine. I have also thought about maybe going to a different doctor to get a second opinion.
  • Options

Thanks! I was recently checked but they told me everything was fine. I have also thought about maybe going to a different doctor to get a second opinion.

Yes, I would recommend a second opinion. Not having a period for 8 months is not really the textbook definition of "fine".
    Me - 30; DH - 30
    TTC #1 since June 2015
    3/16 - Started infertility testing
    4/16 - SA results: borderline low count/morph
    8/16 - Ultrasound and HSG: all clear! Prescribed Bromocriptine for elevated Prolactin levels.
    9/16 - Prolactin down to normal levels! 

IUI #1 - 9/21/16 - Clomid 50mg, Estrace, Ovidrel, Progesterone/Estradiol - 4 follies - BFP! EDD 6/15/17 Team PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

My cycles are long (40-60 days) & I get sore breasts/nipples before my period & during ovulation.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Get a second opinion. You should try to find out why your not ovulating/having periods… If your doctor is not interested in doing the research him or herself, we cannot help you.
  • Options

LFAF April Siggy: TV/Movie BFFs

BFP #1 12/2012, DS born 8/2013
    BFP #2 7/2015, MMC and D&C 9/2015
    BFP #3 11/2015, CP
    BFP #4 1/2016, DD born 10/2016

• Options
    Sore boobs set in for me every. single. cycle. Sometimes even when on the pill (in the past). Sometimes the day after I ovulate and then continues for two weeks-quite lovely. It's just the progesterone from your luteal phase most likely. Don't symptom spot or you'll drive yourself nuts. If you temp, you'll have a better idea of when you ovulate and therefore when to test, and when sore boobs are from the luteal phase or if it could be something else.