March 2015 Moms

Water

What are you guys using to introduce LO to water? I bought DS a cup with a straw but he hasn't really taken to it yet, he just tends to chew on it. I've heard to skip conventional Sippy cups as they aren't really a true milestone, just something that people treated as one when the Sippy cup was invented. I like the Munchkin 360 cup. DS will drink water from a regular cup when I hold it up to his mouth to control the volume of liquid he gets but I'd like to get something that he can practice holding and bringing up to his mouth. 

Re: Water

• I use a Nuk transitional cup. It's sort of halfway between a sippy cup and a bottle and it has handles. She does get water from it sometimes, but usually looks at me like I am trying to poison her. I like the idea of something that won't spill easily, especially something that I can bring with me. At this point, I just want her to get used to the taste of water and manipulating a cup to bring it to her mouth. She also holds her own bottle now, so I think that when she is ready to drink more water, she will. I feel no need to push her to drink more at this point.
  • I'll have to look into that Nuk. My little guy loves water, well he acts like he does anyway. Anytime I am drinking anything, he is swatting at it  and trying to bring it to his mouth. He even tries to drink water from his bath cup! I don't want to push him to drink too much either, just practice at dinner time with his food and water cup.
  • Loading the player...
  • I also use the nuk sippy cup and my daughter loves it. I notice right after she has a solid food or a snack like fruit puffs she really wants some water. I think sippy cups are like bottles, you might have to try a few before you find one your LO really takes to. Also I noticed at first my daughter didn't really like the sippy cup cause she gets way more water when she sucks then the amount of formula she gets in a bottle so it took her a little while to get use to the difference.