Options

Announcement Pictures

Re: Announcement Pictures

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    PhotoslavePhotoslave member
    edited November 2015

I
    M/C comment ahead: On a real note, I'm nervous and excited to share here and we had a miscarriage before this pregnancy. Also, I had twins in the beginning of this pregnancy but only one continued to develop. I'm still terrified of another loss, but I find so much encouragement and support here that I'm inspired to be more sure of a positive outcome. Thanks ladies for sharing stories and strength.

• Options
    There are so many great announcements on here. Everyone is so creative!

We are not doing any sort of social media or video/picture announcement. We enjoy telling everyone ourselves. It's fun to see the different reactions and just tell people as we see them. For the ones across the country, we called them. This way just works best for us.

I find announcements can be tough on others who may be struggling with fertility or having a rough time. Although the news is so positive, I wouldn't want a friend/acquaintance/colleague on social media to feel sad with our happy news. This is just me and we are all different with what we share :-)
  • Options
    @Photoslave just curious why it's taking so long to get your results back? We got them within a week
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @elsa1688 thanks for asking. The Dr. said that we would be able to see the results from the neuclotraslucency immediately, but that the results from the first and second blood draw would take one to three weeks to get back. She said if it's bad news she'll call us in a week if not it should take a couple or so. Does that seem different than other folks?
  • Options
    rachie487rachie487 member
    edited November 2015
    we announced a few weeks ago.  I'm 14w3d now :)

• Options
    Oops, last one didn't work. I can't figure out how to add a picture that will show up :(.
  • Options

@elsa1688 thanks for asking. The Dr. said that we would be able to see the results from the neuclotraslucency immediately, but that the results from the first and second blood draw would take one to three weeks to get back. She said if it's bad news she'll call us in a week if not it should take a couple or so. Does that seem different than other folks?

I'm pretty sure we heard everything back within a week (about two years ago). Our NT scan is Friday for this pregnancy
  • Options
    @Photoslave we didn't discuss my blood test mresults until my next appt 4 weeks later because they came back very low risk. If there had been any indicators of an abnormality or cause for concern they would have called me as soon as the results came in. Sounds like your dr operates similarly, I wouldn't worry!
  • Options
    Why am I unable to see most of these? On desktop or on mobile?
  • Options
    I am posting this photo on Monday after my ultrasound :)
  • Options
    Announced mine last night! A lil early at 11 weeks and 5 days.
  • Options
    Just figured out what ours is going to be! I felt bad that I was going to find out before MH since he can't get off work to come to the anatomy scan. I really wanted to find out at the same time as him so I was thinking of having the tech write it down, seal it in an envelope and then we could open it together later that night. But it still felt a little lame, so I was talking with my sisters and they said "Well, why don't you give us the envelope, we find out, and then Christmas morning we will have a gift for the baby that will reveal the sex so you and Dom find out together?" I LOVED the idea. My older sister kept the sex of our son a secret until the very end when she found out at my anatomy scan because she is really good at reading US and my little dude was apparently showing off the goods. I know she can definitely keep the secret (not so sure about my younger sister, but she knows if she ruins it for us my older sister will never let her live that down!). So our big reveal to FB, friends and extended family will be a picture of us Christmas morning, just after we open the special gift for baby and find out boy or girl! So pumped! I will definitely share once the magic has happened.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I can't wait to show mine--we're telling our DD next weekend and then we'll post our pic.  She is a blabbermouth. :)
  • Options
    This is what we did
  • Options
    Finally posted mine yesterday!
  • Options
    BCFigginsBCFiggins member
    edited December 2015
    I love seeing all the other ideas on here! This is our baby announcement! I posted it on our FB on Thanksgiving just to get the word out. Now we'll be doing a Christmas themed one to make cards for the gender reveal (I'll also post on FB for our friends, but it'll be a way to announce both baby and gender to our less tech savvy relatives lol.) They're not 100% on point (I blame that on my editing until 3am to make sure they went up in time), but I think they turned out great overall. =)
  • Options
    @kshield your dog posed in your pic much better than mine did! I should have uploaded the out takes... They were the best!