May 2016 Moms
Options

What can I take for a cold?!

I'm so stuffy and congested and I can't go ten minutes without coughing :( any advice on safe medicine to take ?

Re: What can I take for a cold?!

• Options
    Your doctor should advise in this area, but I swear by a humidified in the bedroom and saline.
    Me 27 | DH 28
    DS October 2014
    #2 May 2016
  • Options
    Are you still in the first trimester? It so, I would stick to Benadryl, saline sprays, a netti pot and humidifiers. Decongestants are technically safe but my doctor (who is pretty liberal) said to try to avoid them during first tri.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My doctor said Tylenol cold is ok. But please check with yours!

cat fail animated GIF

• Options
    dsmith211dsmith211 member
    edited October 2015
    I was told Tylenol and Benedryl by my doctor when I had my cold, but it's always best to check with your own.
  • Options
    I've got the same thing! I've been surviving with a humidifier and now saline spray, thanks the ladies here who recommended it! I took 1 benedryl yesterday but it didn't really do much. So I'm just resting up for the most part. Hang in there!
  • Options
    Mine said robutessin is fine. Of course it's the worst tasting one.
  • Options
    I don't take anything because I'm all natural so just this Friday I had awful cold, coughing, runny nose, sneezing....
    I take 2 spoonfuls of honey a day.
    I made a "guacamole" with half an avocado and as many garlic cloves as I could handle. (I put in 5!!!). Added some lime juice and a pinch of salt and ate it with GF organic taco chips. It was potent!!! But the next day I felt SO much better. I still have a cold but it's not as bad as it was.
    Home made bone broths are loaded with vitamins and minerals that will help you feel better too. You can put garlic and green onions and some chilli peppers in that for a good fix
  • Options
    vanKusyk said:

I don't take anything because I'm all natural so just this Friday I had awful cold, coughing, runny nose, sneezing....
    I take 2 spoonfuls of honey a day.
    I made a "guacamole" with half an avocado and as many garlic cloves as I could handle. (I put in 5!!!). Added some lime juice and a pinch of salt and ate it with GF organic taco chips. It was potent!!! But the next day I felt SO much better. I still have a cold but it's not as bad as it was.
    Home made bone broths are loaded with vitamins and minerals that will help you feel better too. You can put garlic and green onions and some chilli peppers in that for a good fix

oh my god I need that guac lol
  • Options
    SinuCleanse!  Like a neti pot but more powerful/quicker.

Nothing better for nasal congestion, just be careful not to close one nostril while blowing the other or the solution will scoot to your ears.

• Options
    I second @dshannah ! sinurinse so much better, just tilt all the way forward or you'll gag and then combined with nausea I throw up which is counter productive