TTC After a Loss
Options

New to temping!

I have been having annovulatory cycles and would like to start temping since I am about to start progesterone and clomid. I tried a few cycles back to temp, but the thermometer I bought was not accurate and made it very difficult! Do any of you have suggestions on the best thermometer for temping or any temping tips!

Re: New to temping!

• Options
    I got my thermometer at target for $10 and it seems to work good enough. Just make sure you have one that goes to the one hundredths place. The most important thing is to keep it right next to your bed so you can grab it with out moving too much. Take your temp before you do anything - don't sit up, don't talk don't roll around etc - basically move as little as possible and take your temp as quick as you can when you wake up. Good luck!!
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• Options
    I got mine at Wal-Mart.  A regular thermometer is not the same.  The package should say basal body on it. I agree with above.  Don't even get out of bed.  I use Fertility Friend to keep track of mine so I just take it and add it on my app on my phone.  You need at least three hours of uninterrupted sleep to get an accurate resting temperature.  Try to take it at the same time each day.  Mine fluctuates within an hour or two and hasn't hurt my charts, but stay as consistent as possible.  You need three temps higher than the previous six to confirm ovulation.  An app like FF will find this for you. You can check out my chart in my signature below!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mabis is the brand of choice onthe TTGP board. I got mine on Amazon for less than $10
    me 30; DH 35
    TTC since May 2014.
    Aug 2014 BFP, EDD April 22, 2015. Low progesterone, started suppositories. Loss at 5w6d.
    Nov 19, 2015 BFP at 13 dpo, EDD July 29, 2016. MMC discovered 12/29 (9+4). Natural miscarriage 1/16 (12+1).
    AMH results 0.42, 1.2; FSH 12.1, AFC 10, dx DOR. 
    RPL testing results normal. Nurse recommended progesterone suppositories in TWW.
    Clomid + trigger + TI cycle August 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
    Femara + trigger + TI cycle December 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
    Short LP (8 days).
    Acupuncture & Chinese herbs starting January 2017, lengthened LP to 10 days 

Summer 2016 LFAF awards: 

Winter 2016/2017 LFAF awards:

• Options
    Thank you ladies for the suggestions! I will look into what yall suggested! I already got the Fertility Friend app to help me track my ovulation. :) im hoping between the progesterone, clomid, and temping we can have some success in conceiving our rainbow baby!