October 2015 Moms
Options

Flame Free Friday Confessions!!

It's our regular Friday thread ladies. You know what to do!!

Re: Flame Free Friday Confessions!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    i am secretly disgusted with my bf. She is acting like a 3 year old. Throwing tantrums about her house under repair, talking about quitting her job and using her almost depleted 401k to live off of, moving 70 miles away to be with her boyfriend who tells her she is fat, wrinkly and looks like an alcoholic! I can't believe that a 51 year old woman could be acting this irrational. We live in the same house she lives in the main house, we live in an apartment downstairs. She literally cries and stomps her feet when she doesn't get her way. I seriously feel like she is harder to deal with than my 3 1/2 year old. I would love to take her aside and tell her what a F@cking child she is. It really makes me question how we are friends. My hormones and frustration with being so pregnant with no end in sight doesn't help.
  • Options
    I really don't like those stick figure families either! Actually the worst is when they put just themselves and 3 cats! I'm all for loving your fur babies but if it's annoying to put your family up there, then it's just sad to put a bunch of cats with no other people!

My confession is that last night my in laws dropped by unannounced. My husband answered the door and I stayed on the couch. Rather than get up, I just stayed put hoping everyone would migrate over to me. Finally my husband came in and asked if I was going to come say hi. I told him that I was waiting because needed help getting off the couch....not true! I could get up just fine. But I didn't want to say the truth out loud in front of my inlaws....that I didnt want to be on my feet standing around talking. And that I also didn't want to get up because I wasn't wearing a bra...a little awkward!
  • Options
    I didn't drink any caffeine this entire pregnancy until the damn pumpkin coffee came out. Now I want one all the time. I've only had three this month, but I'm constantly craving it.
  • Options
    My confession...I wish the kids would rewear their pants before throwing them in the basket. We've been trying to teach them jeans can be worn multiple times (as long as they aren't dirty or stinky) before they need to be washed but they are learning very slowly. I don't wanna do wash again. I want to sleep but SO won't be home until dinner time and then it's pretty much bed for work tomorrow.

Also I cannot wait for my last day at work. I want to take a nap when I hit my wall every day instead of irritably pushing through it. I'm currently trying hard to not show my 5 year old any of my irritability while helping her with her kindergarten homework. She's doing exactly as she's supposed to and I'm not upset with her at all. But containing myself is hard
  • Options
    I'm ready to throw my unmediated birth plan out the window to get this child out of me. Went to triage tonight for decreased fetal movements. He's just fine, just running out of room. They checked me and I'm still a fingertip... Ive been a fingertip for 3 weeks. 40w6d and I feel like he is not going to come out on his own. It's really discouraging to think that my body isn't doing what it is supposed to do ...
  • Options
    If my 4 year old wakes up my newborn one more time because he's taken up crying and coming in here 4 times a night I might actually freak out. I haven't slept in days. Literally. As soon as I get baby to sleep big brother comes in crying because "the dog walked by my room" "I don't like sleep" "I need to pee" omfg. And breastfeeding my so can't help me obviously. I want some fricken sleep and I'm tired of all the visitors go the hell away.
  • Options
    kmama37 said:

If my 4 year old wakes up my newborn one more time because he's taken up crying and coming in here 4 times a night I might actually freak out. I haven't slept in days. Literally. As soon as I get baby to sleep big brother comes in crying because "the dog walked by my room" "I don't like sleep" "I need to pee" omfg. And breastfeeding my so can't help me obviously. I want some fricken sleep and I'm tired of all the visitors go the hell away.

Just wanted to say I can sumpathize. DD1 will be 4 in a month and the sleep regression and bed time antics are killing me! She used to go to bed without any issues and stay asleep all night. Now, bedtime has become a 45 min process and she's up at least 3x/night. I'm trying to be patient b/c I know she is adjusting to having a sibling, but it is getting harder each night!
    Married DH 08.28.10
    Pregnancy #1: BFP 04.10.11 EDD 12.23.11 DD1 Born 12.4.11
     Pregnancy #2: BFP 5.12.14 MC 5.20.14 @ 5wk4d
    Pregnancy #3: BFP 11.1.14 EDD 7.5.15 MC 11.13.14 @ 6wk4d
    Pregnancy #4: BFP 1.31.15 EDD 10.5.15 DD2 Born 9.23.15

• Options
    I had this happen premidnight, I got my son to sleep and laid down myself when my cats started to fight in his room! I twisted my ankle rushing to punish them with the squirt bottle and to shut them up. And he woke up anyways. We had a bad night. I may have threatened to give my hubby's cat away for starting it. I'd never do that but it sounded good
  • Options
    CocoR04CocoR04 member
    edited October 2015
    kmama37 said:

I'm going to be in the same boat. DS is having a major sleep regression that can't be solved by going in his room to soothe him back to sleep - or by letting him fuss for a bit. It's awful. Just in time for us to have another baby. He used to not make a peep from 8pm-6:30am. We are going to go insane.
  • Options
    VioletandRoseVioletandRose member
    edited October 2015
    Seems like such a small issue in the grand scheme of things, but I'm beginning to get really frustrated with my newborn photographer. When I booked her in June I explained that I can only do weekends because my stepdaughter goes to school during the day and we would really like her in some of the photos. The photographer was willing, but acted as if the request was a huge inconvenience. Well I got a text from her that because now I'm overdue, we can no longer do a weekend because she's totally booked. If we want SD in them we can only do a weeknight, which pisses me off because it will eliminate all natural light, plus we have to work around her mother's schedule, make sure she has no after school activities, fiancée will have to leave work early, etc. I just feel like with the nature of newborn photography you should have a little more flexibility in your schedule. I mean really, it is only a 2-hour shoot! You're not even willing to schedule for 8 or 9 am on a Saturday or Sunday? Come on.
  • Options

I hate stick figure families too! My husband and I used to buy packs to keep in the car. When we were bored, we would go to Wal-Mart and add extra people to the family and see if they noticed when they came out and put their groceries in the car. Harmless fun ;)

That's hilarious!!
  • Options

Seems like such a small issue in the grand scheme of things, but I'm beginning to get really frustrated with my newborn photographer. When I booked her in June I explained that I can only do weekends because my stepdaughter goes to school during the day and we would really like her in some of the photos. The photographer was willing, but acted as if the request was a huge inconvenience. Well I got a text from her that because now I'm overdue, we can no longer do a weekend because she's totally booked. If we want SD in them we can only do a weeknight, which pisses me off because it will eliminate all natural light, plus we have to work around her mother's schedule, make sure she has no after school activities, fiancée will have to leave work early, etc. I just feel like with the nature of newborn photography you should have a little more flexibility in your schedule. I mean really, it is only a 2-hour shoot! You're not even willing to schedule for 8 or 9 am on a Saturday or Sunday? Come on.

Yeah this seems so wrong. If you booked her in June for a weekend, she should have reserved the weekend availability for you! Definitely not a good business practice for a newborn photographer.....

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @BabyG1010 I was seriously opening this thread to post that!

Got it your baby is super special to you as they should be. There are 100s on this board and all you do is clutter the board up by not using the birth announcement thread.
  • Options
    BabyG1010 said:

Why do people feel the need to post their own thread with their birth announcement?! There is already a thread for that.

Hello.. We're all having babies this month that's why we're on this board. You and your baby aren't better then the rest of us, so post with the rest of us.

End Rant.

THANK YOU. I wonder this myself
  • Options
    I don't mind the ones that post their birth story too. If it is just an announcement then I don't get it.
  • Options
    LiveNLove44LiveNLove44 member
    edited October 2015
    I don't mind the ones that post their birth story too. If it is just an announcement then I don't get it.
    ^^ This is what my last BMB did and what I think is expected in our BMB if you read the announcement intro. post: "If you'd like to comment, please follow the link to the individual's announcement thread and comment there."

In the BMB when I was pregnant with DD, people posted their announcement in the sticky announcement thread, and then they'd create their own thread for their birth story. I think everyone is obviously entitled to their opinion here, but it seems that it makes sense to me to do it this way.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Agreed if a story is associated with it, but just to say he's here and the basics drives me crazy. I love reading birth stories!
  • Options
    BabyG1010 said:

Why do people feel the need to post their own thread with their birth announcement?! There is already a thread for that.

Hello.. We're all having babies this month that's why we're on this board. You and your baby aren't better then the rest of us, so post with the rest of us.

End Rant.

Yeah I know this seems annoying but from what I can tell, the moderators/admins encorage both (posting to the birth announcement thread and posting additional info in an individual birth story). I read the announcement thing a while ago and that's just what I deduced.