May 2016 Moms
Options

FFFC 10/16

vinerievinerie member
edited October 2015 in May 2016 Moms
It's time for FFFC! And if your confession is that you don't understand the acronyms around here, it stands for Flame-Free Friday Confessional. Let's hear 'em! 

Note: Confessions are rarely flame-free! 
Me: 38; DH: 41
DS: Born 5-17-16 

Re: FFFC 10/16

• Options
    Last night I totally ate two caramel apple wrap sheets...without any apples in them! Completely worth the violent vomiting that followed.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @laurenmdrn16 whaaaaat! why did I not know these existed?! Yum!
  • Options
    I'm flaming our apartment complex because we had to empty out our storage area on our balcony so Google Fiber can be installed. We aren't even getting it. Ugh.
  • Options
    Last night H and I went to go visit our friends in the hospital who just had a baby. She's adorable and I love her already, but my FFFC is that I'm relieved that I didn't have the opportunity to hold her (she was having tests done the whole time we were there).

Even after having my own kid, I'm STILL terrified to hold other people's brand new babies :-S.
  • Options
    It's 11:40 and I haven't brushed my teeth yet. The couch is so comfy and I'm grossing myself out but can't make myself get up.

June Siggy Challenge: Dad Fails

Married 7.28.2012
    DD born 7.27.2014
    BFP 09.2015 - m/c 10.21.2015
    BFP 4.12.2016...EDD: Christmas Eve 2016!

• Options
    DS wakes up around 630am, I don't have to be up until 645am. Lately those 15 min have felt so precious. I toss toys in his crib and unless he's straight up crying I leave him in there until 645am. Sorry dude.
    Me 27 | DH 28
    DS October 2014
    #2 May 2016
  • Options
    I've been googling "is it really bad to eat runny eggs pregnant" because that's the only thing that sounds good right now. MMMMMM runny eggs. I think I'll just give in. 
    Me: 32 DH: 35
    Married 12/7/07
    DD: Born 1/2/14 
    Baby #2 EDD 5/6/16

• Options
    I've had a cheeseburger for lunch three days in a row, and probably going to have one again today.

I'm anemic so I need all the iron I can get...or at least that's my excuse!

Definitely just had a cheeseburger...which was half of the cheeseburger that I had for dinner last night! So it hasn't even been 12 hours since my last taste of cheeseburger. I am certain most of it will come back up, like last night, but I don't care. Meaty cheesy goodness!

PS- I am not sure how regional they are, but Walhburgers (of Marky Mark fame!) is delicious! Best $7 burger I have ever had! And they were so kid-friendly with my son. He had been on a hunger strike, but devoured the grilled cheese with tomato. Yo, I should be in a commercial!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Last night H and I went to go visit our friends in the hospital who just had a baby. She's adorable and I love her already, but my FFFC is that I'm relieved that I didn't have the opportunity to hold her (she was having tests done the whole time we were there). Even after having my own kid, I'm STILL terrified to hold other people's brand new babies :-S.

Me too! I have this irrational fear that my arms are going to give out. I also try to avoid holding babies. Strange!
    Me: 38; DH: 41
    DS: Born 5-17-16 

• Options
    I have another...non-food related! I keep signing up for committees at work, but I know I will in no way be able to handle them all. Seriously, what is wrong with me?! It started because I wanted to prove that pregnancy wasn't slowing me down (especially after taking so many 1/2 days for appointments already) and now I am like addicted to feeling super competent and needed. I guess I just feel so helpless with this pregnancy (I am doing everything right and things still seem to be going wrong) and I feel bad for being so tired by the time I get home with my son. So, as a result, I am stretching myself super thin at work to feel like I am actually good at something. Yeah, makes total sense. Ugh!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm working from home today and I definitely took a nap in my office. I love working from home. All the Netflix and naps I can stand.

I also really don't want to have food with MIL tomorrow. DH is really excited but I know she probably already knows what's up bc she keeps obnoxiously asking why we want to have lunch/dinner. Once we confirm the obnoxiousness is just going to get worse. Then she'll want us to come over which I am desperately trying to avoid bc she's the crazy cat lady and fosters like what I feel like is 20 cats. The woman is great I swear and she raised DH amazingly... but at big family events/occasions she tends to wig out a little.

Also DH is going to get his haircut at 5 and maybe going to hang with some friends and I am oh so excited for some alone time. Love the man, but every once and awhile I just need a few hours to myself.
  • Options
    dsmith211 said:
     Also DH is going to get his haircut at 5 and maybe going to hang with some friends and I am oh so excited for some alone time. Love the man, but every once and awhile I just need a few hours to myself.

Amen! Ever since DD was 1, my Mother's Day gift is DH taking her and going to his parents' house from about 6:30am to about 8pm. It's amazing!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• Options

I totally just took a power nap on my desk.

Sometimes I find myself dozing off at my desk while I'm looking through images. Something about the scrolling and staring makes me sleepy. I'm just so tired.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Options
    I've had a cheeseburger for lunch three days in a row, and probably going to have one again today.

I'm anemic so I need all the iron I can get...or at least that's my excuse!

Definitely just had a cheeseburger...which was half of the cheeseburger that I had for dinner last night! So it hasn't even been 12 hours since my last taste of cheeseburger. I am certain most of it will come back up, like last night, but I don't care. Meaty cheesy goodness!

PS- I am not sure how regional they are, but Walhburgers (of Marky Mark fame!) is delicious! Best $7 burger I have ever had! And they were so kid-friendly with my son. He had been on a hunger strike, but devoured the grilled cheese with tomato. Yo, I should be in a commercial!

I keep telling my H that I want to go to Wahlburgers! We keep putting it off. That's it, we are figuring out a day and going. Wahlburgers is pretty regional but they are expanding. I think they have a place in Vegas and one in Canada and they are looking in China or have already started in China. I watch the show... that's how I sorta keep up LOL
  • Options
    I have had a giant burrito everyday this week. No regrets.
  • Options
    There is also a Wahlburgers in Hingham, Ma.

• Options
    And work just announced a mandatory late night work day for next Tuesday. Yay for a 10-12 hour shift! I'm a programmer so this is fairly common and we're apparently behind on a lot of stuff (except my team but we still have to stay of course). But did it really have to be on the day of my first appointment? Not to mention more notice would have been nice.

I don't feel bad at all that I could care less if the stuff gets done that needs to bc it's all bc of a team who always pawns off there work on everyone else. Hopefully I don't fall asleep at work. I'll probably be there past my new bedtime. I'm honestly just doing it for the free dinner. No regrets. Hoping it's Carrabbas this time. :)
  • Options
    My fffc is I ordered way too much fast food and it made me tired so now I'm making my kids "rest" with me.
    DS #1 2010
    DS #2 2011
    DS #3 2014
    DS #4 2016
  • Options
    I had my Dr's appointment today and he was asking questions about DS' labor & delivery (same dr, just a refresher).

He asked DS' birthday and I said June 14th.

I just realized (hours later and only thanks to the wedding thread), June 14 is my anniversary. DS was born the 18th. Oops. MOTY!

image        image

• Options
    I strongly dislike college football season.  Not because I have anything against the sport against itself, but because fans invade my campus starting on Wednesday and the pep rally is scheduled in such a way every Friday that I nearly consider committing vehicular manslaughter. I just want to get from one side of campus to another to pick up my daughter from preschool, get out of your way, and get home, people! Seriously stress-inducing!
  • Options
    I still have daily meltdowns fueled by my terror over becoming a mom.
    ~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
    Married: Oct 20, 2013
    BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
    EDD 1: May 12, 2016
    DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
    An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
    EDD 2: June 20, 2020

• Options
    @saladflambe - Hugs. You will be a great mom, but in the meantime it is a huge thing to wrap your head around while you're waiting.

I like to not even think about having two kids (under two, no less). Every time I think about it, I feel the anxiety coming on.

image        image

• Options
    Feeling so sick while caring for my 2 little people sometimes makes me feel scared we made a huge mistake messing with our happy family. Which of course is an awful ungrateful idea.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @lest12 I have similar feelings when I think about having 2 under 2. Then I try to comfort myself and say DD will have her second birthday 2 months after LO is born, and then I think, "you crazy person, that's not comforting!" So I figure it's best to just avoid it :(

June Siggy Challenge: Dad Fails

Married 7.28.2012
    DD born 7.27.2014
    BFP 09.2015 - m/c 10.21.2015
    BFP 4.12.2016...EDD: Christmas Eve 2016!