Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Cosleeping

My daughter is almost 3 weeks old and is the loudest sleeper ever. My DH and I are sleeping very lightly because we are constantly checking her. When I put her in bed with us she goes right to sleep, stays quiet and stays asleep. I've fallen asleep with her in the bed a few times and every time I wake up I freak out and think about what could have went wrong but we both sleep so much better with her next to me. So I'm looking for a bassinet or some type of contraption that can go between my husband and I. Any suggestions?

Re: Cosleeping

• Options
    Chef at babies r us. They have the snuggle best. Hope this one helps you out.
  • Options
    The halo bassinest goes righ by or over your bed.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We use the halo bassinest for beside the bed and the snuggle nest for in the bed.
  • Options
    We co sleep with our 3 weeks old too. We bought a co sleeper. It goes in the bed and is actually a genius idea but she hates it! She knows it's not the same as sleeping next to me so it was a waste of money for us. I've read a lot about co sleeping and talked to her pediatrician about it. I'm not nearly as concerned as I was. It works for our family so we're sticking with it.
  • Options
    we co-sleep, with ds on my side and a bed-rail. co-sleeping can be really safe, but you need it to be a conscious decision, so that you're being safe and following best practice.

could you borrow a bassinette or snuggle nest to see if it works for you?
    Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• Options
    I'm 50/50 with cosleeping. My LO definitely sleeps better next to me. She sleeps on my side and I don't move at night. Although last night daddy got less room than normal since the girls were hogging the bed. I've looked at cosleepers on amazon but she's sleeping so good I'm afraid to get one and her hate it. She sleeps in the crib just fine but in 2-3 hours increments instead of 4-6 in bed with me.
  • Options
    My LO (2 months) sleeps better with me. He often only sleeps about 3 hours in the crib (though it's beginning to get better), but if he sleeps with me, he'll sleep 4-6 hours without a sound. I often put him on his belly on my chest. When my husband leaves for work, I'll put him next to me on my husband's side of the bed. He prefers to sleep on his side or on his belly, so often let him do that in the bed next to me, since I'm right there in case anything happens. I think that's why he doesn't sleep for long in his crib, because I lay him on his back in it. I don't want anything to happen because I might not be quick enough to check on him.
  • Options
    We bought an Arm's Reach co-sleeper and use it as a changing table. I never admit this because the few people who do know judge us, but she sleeps with us, too!
  • Options
    Lurker (I am currently TFAS).

I co-slept with our first off and on (and now full time).

I would say just make sure you are educated on co-sleeping and make a decision to either co-sleep or not and stick with it.

The big things are no covers, minimal pillows (only what you NEED) and make sure there is no way for the baby to roll off.
    Also, no co-sleeping if anyone in the bed has been drinking or otherwise or is taking anything that may make them drowsy.

There is also a co-sleeper you can attach to the side of your bed.  This might be a good option if you fall asleep BF but are too anxious about falling asleep with the baby in bed with you (not sure if this is the same as others have mentioned).
  • Options
    Hi,
    Does anyone know of any places that hire the hospital type bassinets. I am having a baby girl and want to look at these bassinets     https://www.ilsbabycare.com.au/bassinet/ as an option instead of putting her straight in a big cot in her room (I think we will really want her in our bedroom for a while...)
    Thanks!