August 2015 Moms

The Return...dun dun dun

As many of you wonderful moms have already gone through this or are going through it now, it's that time...US sending mothers back to work. Especially here in Cali. I am heart broken already! To think I have two weeks before I am away from my 3 month old baby girl 9 hours out of my 5 day work week! I'm not worried too much about her care, I'm fortunate it'll be her grandparents, all 4 of them different days. (At least I'm not going to let that get to me too much). But I can't imagine being without her. I mean, she is very good when people come visit or we go out and visit, but for 9 hours a day?! It'll all work out they all tell me, but no one knows her like I do, right? It won't be the same and I'm nervous for her and scared for me. Okay let me stop there....do any of you mom's have similar stories or can give me some comforting connection? Thanks ♡

Re: The Return...dun dun dun

• I will be away for 11 hours 4days week. I am going back to work tomorrow. I am scared but i know she is going to be ok.
  • I had to return to work when LO was 10 days old. oh the joys of being a teacher. Anyways, LO did fine. The second day he was there, the ladies called dibs on who got him for the day. He is a good baby, and DCs are always understanding about babies being fussy/crying/ anything really. 

Biggest thing is to make sure you take things that can comfort baby for the first little bit. I sent a night shirt of mine, that L cuddled during feedings and nap time. It seemed to help him get use to being away.

Somethings for you are to take lots of pictures/videos so you can look at them when you miss baby most. Set up a schedule of when baby eats, so you can pump at the same time. Get used to the pump now, so you know you can pump enough for baby.

Hope that helps a bit.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Loading the player...
  • It's hard to leave them no matter how much time you were able to take off. Something that helped with my first is having DH do drop off and I did pick up. We did drop off together the first day and I bawled in front of everyone, I couldn't help it. I cried during pumping times to for awhile, but it gets better. It also makes your mornings smoother if you can prepare everything you need for daycare and pumping the night before. I had an extra set of parts so that one could be washed and drying and the spare ready to go for the next day.