August 2015 Moms
Options

2 month shots

jlm684jlm684 member
edited October 2015 in August 2015 Moms
My LO got her 2 month shots today, worst thing to watch. This is my first, she slept the whole car ride home and then some. When she woke up she cried for a good 1/2 hour or so. Then she finally nursed and I was able to get her to calm down. She's not a Cryer at all so this bothers me. Again This is my first, is this to be expected?

Re: 2 month shots

• Options
    Yep, and she may be fussy for a day or two. What i did with my first was give her tynenol and i did the same on monday with my little man. I believe it is harder on us than them, but we did the right thing protecting them.

• Options
    Mine had hers yesterday and was the same way. I also gave her Tylenol which helped tremendously.
    Married 6.21.2014
    DD #1: 8.16.2015
    #2 EDD: 1.13.2019
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yep, she was a fussy mess and we have Tylenol and it seemed to help her discomfort.
  • Options
    Ok, I haven't given her Tylenol she slept how she normally does through the night with some longer stretches than usual, but she is feeding normal. I'll pick some Tylenol up today. Is there anything else to look out for like diarrhea or vomiting ? I'm glad I am in this group.
  • Options
    Did they give you paperwork about the specific vaccines? Usually they give paperwork with a list of expected side effects and then a list of what side effects you should call the doctor for.
  • Options
    Just wait till you have 2 of them... My 2 year old got her flu shot the same day. I did hers first and got her calmed down. Then my 2 month old got her shots (4 individual shots). When the baby screamed, my 2 year old freaked out and started screaming. Then the baby wouldn't nurse cause the 2 year old was screaming, and the 2 year old wouldn't stop screaming cause the baby was screaming and I wasn't holding the 2 year old to comfort her cause I was trying to hold and comfort the baby. It was a disaster. I finally got the baby to stop screaming with a pacifier, then the 2 year old mostly quit screaming, so I ran them both out of there. Never again will I bring both kids to get shots at the same time. Never again. I did end up giving 2 doses of tylenol to the baby later in the day cause she was screaming and not eating whenever I tried to touch her. She was pretty much fine by the next day. Fortunately my 2 year old didn't have any side effects at all and was completely normal once she calmed down finally.
  • Options
    Mine got a fever that night, i gave her tylenol and didn't get much rest constantly checking her temperature. fever lasted a whole day but she slept most of the time. She only woke up to feed and diaper change. The third day she was back to normal
  • Options
    The doctor went over the side effects, I just can't remember. I need to check her paperwork again. I worked like 10 hours yesterday with like 4 hours sleep. So my brain was a little foggy. And @Lalala2326 bless you for being super mom doing that! I bet a glass of wine was in order after that.
  • Options
    My daughter had the same reaction. She was crying like she was in pain, which scared me, but I gave her 1.25 ml of baby Tylenol like the pediatrician recommended (thank she told me how much; bottle said 5ml) and she was back to being my happy girl.
  • Options
    My daughter had swollen, red thighs and a fever the day of the shots. She then had diarreah and was very cranky for about a week afterwards. I actually brought her to the doctor because of her behavior and was very surprised when they told me it was still from her shots (rotavirus was the likely culprit).