2nd Trimester
Options

Headaches

Just wondering if anyone here has experienced something similar. Since I've been in my 2nd trimester I have gotten a bad headache that will last about 2 days. This has happened only 3 times, and the headaches are just a constant pressure. I've never had a problem with headaches or have ever had migraines before pregnancy. Is this fairly common from hormones or should I be concerned? I will say something to my midwife at my next app in a few weeks, but looking for advice in the meantime. Also any tips on releiving the pain without Tylenol would be appreciated! Thanks

Re: Headaches

• Options
    I am the same way!!!! Since I've hit my 2nd tri I just have a lingering headache.. My doc said its normal and just an adverse affect of the hormones and other changes going on in your body :) try taking in a little caffeine and taking a nap! I found laying in a warm bath for a few has also helped. Hope you feel better!!
  • Options
    satuttle1014satuttle1014 member
    edited October 2015
    In weeks 14-17; not every day but those were the weeks that I had headaches. By 18 weeks they were gone and I haven't had one since. I wouldn't be concerned right now if they are coming and going. Get some rest, stay hydrated and peppermint oil was my best friend! I would rub it on my temples to numb the pain and feel a million times better. Hope you feel better and this symptom passes soon!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    JES5757JES5757 member
    edited October 2015
    me too! I never get headaches, so I called my OB right away.  He said that it is normal, and to keep drinking a ton of water and to put ice packs on my head, which is an incredible relief.  I am not a doctor, but he said I should be concerned if my blood pressure spikes, my hands or feet start swelling, I gain a ton of weight very quickly, or if I have pain under my right ribs.  Those are all signs of the headaches due to something worse.  Again, I'm not a doctor but knowing what to look out for made me feel a lot better.  I should also note that I have had tons of rib pain, but its on both sides (hurray! more pain!) so he said not to worry,

I hope you feel better!

• Options
    How has your blood pressure been?  Any crazy swelling?  Headaches can be a normal part of pregnancy; however, you do want to keep note of them and mention them to your midwife / doctor as they can be a sign of other things going on.
  • Options
    My doctor told me to take 500 mg of magensium twice per day and 400 mg of vitamin B-12 once per day.  It really helps!!

• Options
    I have had the WORST sinus headaches for the past week. My NP said tylonol cold and sinus, sudafed, and robitussin(for cough) was ok to take. I took two sudafed and my headache was gone within an hour. Good luck!