November 2015 Moms
Options

Any other NICU Mommies? (Sorry long)

2»

Re: Any other NICU Mommies? (Sorry long)

• Options

Thank you so much, ladies. Wishing you all a happy and healthy birth. Bittersweet that our time as N15 is drawing close to the end. Could not have asked for a better group of women to share this experience with! ❤️

Just so you know a lot of women stick around long after their babies are born. I'm sure we're all going to have questions about stuff like feeding / sleeping / growing / scheduling when our little ones are here. You don't have to leave! :)
    This. No reason to go anywhere.
    Instead of hump day bump day we will have hump day BABY day! It's even better :)
  • Options
    @makeoutside7 - such happy news!! Congrats!!

And like @thefithuntress mentioned, you don't have to go anywhere! :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

@wulfpackgirl yes! I felt like every day they found something new that needed treatment. I cried every single day until my breast milk came and I started storing it for her, it made me feel less helpless. I had a new purpose other than to wait around for my baby to come home, I was making food for her. The good news is that she has been sleeping like a boss because in the NICU, it is normally loud from babies crying, nurses talking, and monitors buzzing so she can sleep through a lot of noise. She is also used to sleeping without being held and being alone. It's as if they have sleep trained her! Hang in here, I know it's hard, just remind yourself that he is in the safest place getting exactly what he needs right now so he can grow and be strong so he can come home to you. Big hugs, mama!

Thanks. He came off CPAP this morning. He's just getting a little oxygen now. He has to learn to eat by mouth now and then hopefully we can all go home. We're making progress!!