Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Options for a bassinet

Hi I am considering options when it comes to where my newborn will sleep. I really want her to be in our room for the first few months but am not keen on buying a bassinet as it will only be used for a short period. Has anyone ever hired a bassinet? any good recommendations? Thank you

Re: Options for a bassinet

• Options
    I have the Halo Bassinest Swivel Sleeper and love it!! Definitely my favorite item for baby so far. It can be raised or lowered to for the height of your bed. The sides are mesh so you can see your sweet baby sleeping. I don't know about renting but I highly recommend the Halo Bassinest. $200
  • Options
    I bought a bassinet for my son. He would not sleep in it. The bassinet was too flat and wanted to stay in comfy fetal position. I ended up putting him in swing one night and he slept beautifully in it as its cupped to keep him cozy. I went out and bought rock and play as its basically same shape as swing and that's where he sleeps. I plan to re-Introduce the bassinet at some point to see if he will sleep in it now that he is 7 weeks old.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I second the Rock n Play. Lots of moms (myself included) swear by that thing!
  • Options
    We bought a Pack n Play for our twins to sleep in, but they didn't like laying flat for the first 3 months. We ended up having them sleep in Rock n Plays next to our bed and they LOVED it. After a few weeks they were actually sleeping through the night. We kept them in the Rock n Plays until they didn't fit in them any longer. We loved them so much that it even made the top of our newborn product must-have list! I hope it helps.https://www.theydontfeedthemselves.com/newborn-twin-baby-product-must-haves/

www.theydontfeedthemselves.com

My favorite activities and tips for surviving different phases with our twins!

• Options
    I will agree with the Rock 'n Play comments as well.

I originally got the Chicco Lullago bassinet, which I love for the portability when we visit relatives and go to the cabin. It takes up far less trunk space than a traditional pack'n play, and I think it's an attractive piece of baby gear.

LO developed reflux around 4 weeks, the rock'n play was recommended since the incline helps with digestion. It worked great for her reflux and LO loves sleeping in it. We do try to switch her back and forth between the lullago and the rock'n play to keep her head from getting flat in the rock'n play and also to get her adjusted to sleeping flat again so she can move to her crib soon. The great thing about the rock'n play is that it can still be used for playing even once you have them sleeping in their crib.

The Chicco lullago was around $100 and the rock'n play was $60. If I could only pick one, I would get the rock'n play.
  • Options
    Rock 'n' Play for the win. Get one.