May 2016 Moms
Options

When to worry with morning sickness

I've been sick all day. I can't even suck on ice without getting sick! I'm 7 weeks 2 days, when should I think about a trip to the emergency room for fluids?

Answers

• Options
    How long have you been feeling this bad? Just today? A few days? Weeks?

If I felt dehydrated I would call my Dr's office... maybe after not holding down liquids for a day or two?

I don't know if I'm helping. I hope you feel better!

image        image

• Options
    ^^what @lest12 said^^

Go with your gut. I'd rather be safe than sorry.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    JessicaB0627JessicaB0627 member
    edited October 2015
    If you feel that you're dehydrated I would definitely call your doctor or take a trip to the ER. Dehydration can be dangerous, better safe than sorry!

ETA: When I went to the ER with dehydration with DD my pee had become pretty dark and I wasn't peeing nearly as much as I had been.
  • Options
    I think I remember reading the rule of thumb is if you can't hold down water for two days, go to the er. If you're unsure how your doctor would proceed, call the office or nurses line. They should be able to tell you the recommendations your doctor would have.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My office says if you can't keep anything down for 8 hours to go straight to the ER. Dehydration is no joke.
    Met: 11/2/2004
    Dating: 3/24/2005
    Married: 11/5/2011
    Eleanor Leeann: 5/14/2015
    Baby # 2 Due: 5/17/2016
  • Options
    Hi mommies, lurking from April board... When I had terrible morning sickness i was throwing up constantly. Nothing would stay down. It wasn't until I started to get extremely dizzy and want to faint that I called the nurse advice line, told them my symptoms and they advised me to come in for dehydration. If you're concerned, call the professionals and they will be more help than us :)
  • Options
    I feel ya! Right around 7 weeks I was unable to hold down food or liquids. During day 2 of the constant vomiting I called my doctor and they told me to come in. I was extremely dizzy and felt faint. They determined I was dehydrated and gave me fluid which helped so much. It allowed me to feel better which then allowed me to try eating and drinking again. I don't know how you feel about this, but my doctor gave me Zofran and Diclegis to help with my severe constant nausea. I need to work full-time and it was unbearable. (I can't conduct a meeting if I have the fear of vomiting on my audience lol) It helped me immensely! A lot of people have strong opinions about taking these types of meds, but I can't risk being dehydrated all the time so it's Zofran for me until this stage passes.

Good Luck!
  • Options
    Thank you everyone! I ended up going into the er that evening and I was really dehydrated. I went through 3 bags of fluids within 2 hours! Turns out on top of morning sickness, I had a mild case of food poisoning since the hubs and oldest child fell ill that evening! Everyone is better and feeling relieved now!