May 2016 Moms
Options

Zingers, On calls, and sales

Sooo I don't remember this with DD and I'm not really alarmed at this point but I guess just cautious. I'm 10 weeks. This afternoon I've started feeling sharp pings that start just below my hip and cross diagonally to just above my nether regions. I was at the fridge when I first noticed it so I thought maybe it's just some short of growing/stretching pain. It's gotten a little more frequent now but when it happens it's less than 3 seconds and the pain is gone. Anyone else experiencing this or have experienced this? I'm on the side of a growing pain but I'm just wanting to know if anyone else has had this. If it continues throughout tonight I'll call my doc (I don't want to call the on call bc he's a major D Bag).

Speaking of the on call doctors... Has anyone had a bad experience with your doc's on call? Do you usually have an option to request not to deal with that doctor? With DD I was so afraid I was going to go into labor when my doc was out of town and I'd have to deal with the on call. He's very cold and harsh.

Zulily is having a really awesome sale right now on some maternity outfits! They're finally colder weather friendly clothes! Just thought I'd share :)

Lastly, I had these three things to talk about and they're random I know but I didn't want to clog up the board with 3 different posts lol forgive me for the shmorgasbord.
Been married since 2009.
Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
Several MCs
DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)

Re: Zingers, On calls, and sales

• Options
    yes! I have been getting weird aches and pains. Some of them shooting, some not. Some might be stretching and others could just be gas, who knows!

I get concerned and mentioned it to my husband who keeps reminding me that this happened last time. Apparently I have a short memory.

I had to go in to the on-call Dr a few times with DS. I really didn't care for one of them. I was soooo happy my dr delivered for me.

One of the only good things about a RCS is that I will schedule it and no surprises that day, to this end at least.

image        image

• Options
    after my mc in January I dealt with a couple of my places on call doctors and I really don't like any of them...I'm actually switching practices because of this
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    lest12 said:
    yes! I have been getting weird aches and pains. Some of them shooting, some not. Some might be stretching and others could just be gas, who knows! I get concerned and mentioned it to my husband who keeps reminding me that this happened last time. Apparently I have a short memory. I had to go in to the on-call Dr a few times with DS. I really didn't care for one of them. I was soooo happy my dr delivered for me. One of the only good things about a RCS is that I will schedule it and no surprises that day, to this end at least.
    I've also started cramping out of no where. No spotting. Just some low grade cramps to go along with my new found hip zingers.
    Been married since 2009.
    Several MCs

• Options
    Me too. I get them out of no where.

image        image

• Options
    @lest12 you're just making me a feel a lot better haha I know to expect cramps and spotting etc but I wasn't sure this late in the game of the first tri if it was as common.
    Been married since 2009.
    Several MCs

• Options
    It is hard to remember but I feel like everything is on the realm of normal through most of pregnancy. My doctor used to tell me everything was normal, haha. There is just so much going on and our bodies are so all over the place, you know?

image        image

• Options
    @lest12 It's funny that I have forgotten the little things that happened my first pg that would definitely come in handy to remember this go round. At the same time everything is different too. I feel so silly calling the doctor over little pings and pangs bc I can just imagine the nurse rolling her eyes while I'm explaining this stuff to her. That alone makes me not call haha. It's really amazing what our bodies can do from instinct alone. Even when it drives us crazy. Maybe that's the whole of it... Our bodies are working off instinct alone which is not what we're used to all of our lives. Not having control over the situation makes us a bit nervous. No wonder men can't get pg! They'd become suicidal.
    Been married since 2009.
    Several MCs

• Options

@doozer1345- Ha!  I think you're right about men getting pregnant.  Forget it!

I was saying to a few friends last week, my doctor is great and told me I could come in whenever I wanted, he didn't care... but the nurses are ALWAYS rolling their eyes and making jokes (they try to be good natured but come on!)  It's so annoying!  Just humor me!

image        image

• Options
    I've had cramps in the side of my pelvic region. They either happen randomly, which I assume is just stretching of the uterus, or happen when I've been really active, doing a lot of walking, etc.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers