June 2015 Moms
Options

Sleep number bed and co-sleeping

Co-sleeping in a sleep number bed safely.-Anyone have experience or tips? Have a split King and loved adjustable feature to sit up to nurse newborn. Now he is sleeping next to me and will be rolling soon. Anyone know if a side rail will attach Or if you can side car a crib? I follow all the safe co sleeping guidelines as far as keeping mattress firm and baby on my side ect...also hasn't been too comfortable for me as I sleep on the split feature or big crack

Re: Sleep number bed and co-sleeping

• Options
    Ppl have crucified me for letting my babe tummy sleep but I'm sure you will get a million responses on this..........
    Figure that out.
  • Options
    @klkonwi aw, that SUCKS you've felt crucified! I'm so sorry. Especially if I contributed.

I co-sleep sometimes. Our pediatrician said to stop, and it's also controversial on here. I feel strongly it's a good method for my baby and me. Dr Sears says babies don't roll away from mama/heat source. My dude can roll but has never (yet?) tried to move away from me.

I don't know your bed, can't provide any specific advice, sorry. I know there are co-sleepers that attach under the mattress, so I don't see why you couldn't use that. Except I think they're for newborns, so maybe the rail is best.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's okay! For the record it's not you! You weren't judgemental in your delivery I promise :x
  • Options
    No judgement on tummy or co-sleepers. But for me personally, I couldn't co-sleep for fear of crushing my kid. So I got nothing' for ya
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We have a sleep number and I don't think you can attach a side rail to it, maybe you can. I'm of zero help! Sorry! Don't worry, my l/o rolls over within 30 min of sleep every time she's in her crib. I'm not going to go in and wake her up by rolling her back over all night long. I always start her on her back. I wish she would stay on her back, but she refuses to stay on her back even on her activity mat. Right now she really enjoys rolling onto ber belly.
  • Options
    I co sleep and my LO has only chosen to roll towards me when going to his belly. If I'm too close he just acts annoyed on his side until I move over to make room so he seems aware of his space. He has turned horizontally on me but keeps his head towards me. I do have the bed on the floor just in case my husband built a wood frame. We kind of treat it like a big playmat
  • Options
    I don't have any of the bed features you described, so I apologize for not being any help. We also co-sleep and it's been wonderful for us. Although with little babe beginning to roll over the next few weeks/months, we'll likely move the crib right next to my side of the bed and begin transitioning him. It makes me so sad already, I feel like I'm going to miss him! Silly, I know. You aren't alone in your concerns, and I think it's wise to be proactive if your instincts are telling you some changes would be best. Hopefully with the adjustments you'll also be getting a more comfortable sleep too!
  • Options
    aj1327aj1327 member
    edited October 2015
    @klkonwi I'm sorry you felt judged too!

ETA: I hope it wasn't me too. I don't think it was but I walk through life pretty out of it these days except for those few hours of the day that my coffee has kicked in and not worn off yet.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the feedback!