January 2016 Moms

Car seat gurus! I need your help!

I'm a FTM and I'm so unbelievably confused. I have my heart set on a car seat but it doesn't come as a travel system. How do I know which strollers the car seat will be compatible with?

Re: Car seat gurus! I need your help!

• Pretty much every stroller on the market has a purchasable car seat adaptor. 

What car seat do you like? What stroller are you hoping to pair it with?
  • I really like the baby trend snapgear car seat but when I google it, it just comes up with different car seat/stroller pairs
  • Loading the player...
  • Most brands of strollers and even seats will say what they are compatible with. The adapters are a great thing. We went with a travel system last time and have used the stroller probably 10 times....and he is 2. We ordered a frame and I used that with the infant seat. For my twins this time, I ordered an extra seat and a double stroller that can be used with or without the seats.

Really there are 95 million options. Baby trend has some of the most compatible products with other companies....or at least in my limited knowledge. I'd Google recommended strollers to use with the seat...its what I just did for mine!
  • Love baby trend! Getting a travel system for my son.
  • A lot of strollers can be purchased separately. Also look up the strollers by the same brand and it should list if it's compatible with the car seat. You can also look at adaptors but in my experience they are usually less user friendly.
  • Typically same brand strollers and car seats are compatible, sometimes without an adapter. I had a baby trend car seat and two baby trend strollers and it clicked right onto the tray of the stroller. I even had a city mini and could use the baby trend with their car seat adapter bar. Go to buybuybaby or babies r us and grab the car seat you want and take it over to the strollers and test it out. Most strollers have a list on their website of compatible seats, so you can look that up too.

• I agree with pp. We chose our carseat first since that was most important then when we were looking at strollers we checked the manufacturers website to see if it was compatible with the carseat we'd chosen. The stroller we loved had an adaptor that specifically stated it was compatible with our carseat so it worked out well. We ended up with the Chicco Key Fit 30 carseat and Baby Jogger City Mini stroller. I LOVE how easily the stroller folds and unfolds, I can do both while holding a baby if I had to.

From what I've heard people who go with travel systems tend to be less satisfied than those who chose each component separately.
  • I used a baby trend car seat for my first, but I learned after the fact that baby trends tend to not fit most newborns properly because the lowest slot for the shoulder straps is too high. I wasn't impressed with the seat at all, but I love the baby trend jogging stroller.

csftl.org is a great site for car seat info
    I also recommend you search facebook for their group page - car seats for the littles
    You can post questions for help from certified techs who will be able to recommend seats for three across or post pics of your set up to make sure it's installed correctly.