Babies on the Brain

i chickened out...

I planned to stop taking bcp this month - went out and bought vitamins and everything - but then at the last minute decided to finish off my last month supply. Now I'm thinking that was silly of me, that I should have just done it so I could get my cycle normalized and try charting. Some days I panic that I shouldn't be waiting at all because it could take a while anyway, and then some days I think about all the stuff I have to do for work/family/travel and it's hard to imagine adding TTC into all that. 
Anyone else a little freaked out about starting TTC?

Re: i chickened out...

• SusieG85 said:

I planned to stop taking bcp this month - went out and bought vitamins and everything - but then at the last minute decided to finish off my last month supply. Now I'm thinking that was silly of me, that I should have just done it so I could get my cycle normalized and try charting. Some days I panic that I shouldn't be waiting at all because it could take a while anyway, and then some days I think about all the stuff I have to do for work/family/travel and it's hard to imagine adding TTC into all that. 

Anyone else a little freaked out about starting TTC?
    I'm a little nervous, too. We have a really full life and having a baby will change things quite a bit. We found a timeline that makes good logical sense for us, however, and are just going to go for it. I think there's definitely nothing wrong with waiting another month or two if that's most comfortable for you and SO :-)
  • I chickened out too. We stopped preventing a couple of weeks ago, but now that I'm close to ovulating I don't think I want to go through with it. I think we'll wait another month or two. I have a big work trip next month, so I think I'll feel more comfortable after that is out of the way.

It is strange. I couldn't wait to TTC, but H wasn't ready. Now H is ready, and I have cold feet.

On a side note - You may want to go ahead and start taking vitamins this month. My OBGYN told me that it is best to take them 6 months prior to TTC.

• Loading the player...
  • Can anyone go into TTC #1 not being a bit scared and worrying about how having a baby will change your life? I know I can't. It's the biggest plunge ever! Honestly I'm terrified!
  • Hulabalu said:
    Can anyone go into TTC #1 not being a bit scared and worrying about how having a baby will change your life? I know I can't. It's the biggest plunge ever! Honestly I'm terrified!
    Pretend I said that.

I took 3 extra months of BC and kept saying "just this last one!"  
  • Thanks for the support girls! That's why I love these boards - knowing that I'm not alone with everything I'm feeling.
    Also thanks for the tips on the vitamins - I'll start those now while I'm waiting!
  • I'm nervous and it won't even be my first baby! haha Right now I have two beautiful little girls. They are such a blessing, but at the same time they are making me insane. For example, today was a horrible day. My youngest smeared poop all over her room and my oldest through a tantrum so intense that she hyperventilated. It is moments like that where I start to question my timing and my decision to have another. O.O
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I can totally relate!  I stopped BCP about a month ago now, just to prepare my body to start TTC in mid/late November.  AF is not regulated yet so I'm waiting... and of course I got paranoid that I'm pregnant!  Which is crazy, because I have been waiting and waiting to be able to start TTC, and it would be such a blessing but ... this month is not in my timeline because of work (waiting to safely make sure I'll qualify for FMLA).  It really is dumb that this month I would be a little bit worried to get a BFP and next month I would be beyond thrilled.  And of course it is unlikely to happen right away anyways.  But it's so hard/impossible to find the perfect time for such a big change!  I've decided there are some important milestones I have to pass, like the work one, but some that are just not important enough, like being able to drink during the holidays.  

Also, I did not chart this month and in retrospect I regret it ... I thought I ovulated right on time due to EWCM but now that AF has not come on time, I doubt that was right.  So I'd recommend starting when you get off BCP!
    Me (28) & DH (29)
    Married: May 2015
    BFP 1/24/16 EDD 10/4/16
    It's a boy!

• Yesterday, I chickened out. I told DH I wanted to wait 6 more months and started a fight with him. Truth is I had a reason to be upset with him but part of me was scared. This morning we decided to take it day by day and not month by month. So this coming cycle may be our first month trying.. but it might not as well.