May 2016 Moms

Measuring 2 weeks behind. Should be 7w3d, measuring 5w.

I had my first ultrasound today, which according to my LMP I should be 7 weeks 3 days & the nurse said I was measuring 5 weeks. She also mentioned something about extra fluid. I left feeling very sad and confused. I had this done at J. Rolphe clinic where they do them for free, not my doctors office. I called my doctors office & they are going to see when the soonest they can get me in is. For now I am left not knowing what is going on & just feeling sad.

Anyone have experience with this? What were your outcomes?

Thank you <3

Re: Measuring 2 weeks behind. Should be 7w3d, measuring 5w.

• LMP is not very accurate if you have a longer cycle or a shorter luteal phase. I wouldn't worry too much until your doctor sees the scan or gives you a new one.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• That is what I am hoping for, thanks lalala. But 2 weeks, 3 days off seems like so much. I just can't make the numbers add up for me to be 5 weeks no mater how I look at it.
  • Loading the player...
  • How long are your cycles?
  • Same thing is happening to me, totally expected to be 9 weeks but ultrasound said 7. Same thing happened with my first baby too. My cycles must be very off. Good luck at your next scan and keep us posted!
  • I went 2 weeks ago thinking I was 6 and they told me I was 5. since then I'm progressing like I SHOULD on an ultrasound but until I see that heart beat hopefully this week I am not gonna feel good....

it could happen, the lmp estimation seems to frequently be wrong.
  • I wish you luck. It's one of those things where you just have to wait and see.

Unfortunately, I've been through this twice. I know myself and my cycles and when they suggested I could be two weeks off, I just knew it couldn't be right. I read lots of others positive stories, but mine didn't end up that way.
    bfp: 09.22.10   m/c 11.05.10 @ 10w5d
    bfp: 10.02.12  m/c 11.05.12 @ 9w3d
    bfp: 05.15.15  m/c 06.25.15 @ 9w6d
    bfp: 09.22.15  m/c 10.20.15 @ 8w1d

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• I measured 2.5 weeks off last week, which could be possible because I have longer cycles. It is a very scary feeling though, and I have to wait until the 28th to find out if everything is okay. I hope you get good news! I'm just desperately trying to have faith and stay positive, but I also have a healthy dose of realism that I might not get good news when I go back in. All we can do is wait and see and try not to be too stressed about it (easier said than done).
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• When did you get your BFP?  If it was like 2-3 weeks ago, you could definitely be more like 5 weeks instead of 7.  
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    4 early losses 2009, 2010, 2015.  Baby #1 born 2/13/11.  
  • I was off by two weeks as well. I knew going in at 7w2d by LMP, that I'd be measuring less. I have a really long cycle. I did end up measuring 5w3d. Which sounds about right. I ovulated on 9/5/2015. I'm going back next Monday to make sure there is growth and to hopefully see a heartbeat.

Good luck to you on your next scan :)

• Similar thing happened to me. At an ultrasound 3 weeks ago Bitty Baby was measuring a week behind and again yesterday on ultrasound. My doctor said he was very pleased with what he saw and he had no reason for concern. Good luck to you! Hope you hear some good news soon!
  • I was off by two weeks as well. I knew going in at 7w2d by LMP, that I'd be measuring less. I have a really long cycle. I did end up measuring 5w3d. Which sounds about right. I ovulated on 9/5/2015. I'm going back next Monday to make sure there is growth and to hopefully see a heartbeat.

Good luck to you on your next scan :)

I ovulated the same day :) I'm 7w1d today and I have an ultrasound tm hopeful for heartbeat :) good luck!
  • Thank you all for your replies <3

I had my positive pregnancy test on September 24th. My cycles range from 30-34 days typically - but they can be kind of wacky. I went in for a second ultrasound with my doctor today & according to him, it isn't good.

He said that the baby is measuring about 5 weeks from some of the measurements they took & then 6 weeks 3 days from other measurements. Which is said is also a sign that points towards miscarriage. They also couldn't find a heart beat. He said to give myself 2 weeks to see if I start bleeding & if I don't we can do another ultrasound just for reassurance that I did in fact lose the baby. But he said he feels pretty positive it isn't viable.

• How long are your cycles VJ20000? I hate to give myself any kind of hope when my doctor said 99% chance of miscarriage -- but I can't help but grasp at straws. We had been trying for this baby since January & have been so excited. My heart is aching.
  • Praying for you KSN <3
  • I'm sorry it wasn't good news from the doctor.
    *Siggy Warning*

• I'm so sorry your hope is fading. Two weeks is a long time to wait. Prayers for you, mama.

Me: 31 | DH: 33

DS1: 12.23.13 | DS2: 05.06.16

BFP: 06.30.19 | EDD: 3.9.20

**TW**
    TTC3: 11.18
    BFP: 02.05.19
    CP: 03.07.19
    *really traumatic recovery*

• I'm so sorry you are going through this. 2 weeks is an awful long time to wait.
  • Thank you all <3 I talked to the nurse today on the phone to get more clarification as my head was not on straight yesterday.

She said my sac was also irregular shaped (which she said could be it folding in on itself) - but that the baby measured 6 weeks, 6 days (she couldn't find anything about 5 weeks, and I am not sure why I heard 6 weeks, 3 days yesterday -- could just be that I was out of my mind then). Anyhow - there was no fetal heart beat found, but there was a fetal pole.

Anyhow, it still is the same sad outlook -- they are pretty certain miscarriage & I should have radiology calling me to schedule my ultrasound for 10 - 14 days from now.

Thanks for the support <3
  • So sorry to hear this.  Sending positive vibes your way.  Be kind to yourself.
    imageimage
  • I'm very sorry to hear that it was bad news. Hang in there.
  • I'm sorry to hear this. I hope the time passes quickly for you. Waiting in limbo is so hard.
  • Very sorry to hear your news. Health and peace to you...
    Me: 38; DH: 41
    DS: Born 5-17-16 

• I'm so sorry. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family. I wish you peace and strength as you wait to find out about your little one's viability for certain.
  • Thank you all <3 I will update here after my next ultrasound if I make it that far.
  • Thinking of you and hoping and praying you get good news. xo

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

BFP 1: 9/15/2013 | DD 5/23/2014
    BFP 2: 9/15/2015 | EDD 5/26/2016

• Thank you Sillyfox <3 I appreciate the prayers so much. Nothing happening yet, no cramping, no spotting. Just waiting. Counting down the days until my next ultrasound.