May 2016 Moms

Craziest Dreams!

If your pregnancy is anything like mine, then you have already gotten crazy dreams ranging anywhere from giving birth to 6 children at once, to going into labor in the middle of an African Safari tour.

I thought it would be fun to share some of our craziest dreams or have a place to vent about the dreams that are keeping us awake at night!

Re: Craziest Dreams!

• I believe there was already a thread but I'll play because I had a weird one last night:

I had a dream that one of my brothers locked me, his wife, and his SIL in the attic of a 3 story old farmhouse and then proceeded to leave us in the dark and "torture" us (but I don't remember anything but just the word...weird). Then in order to escape, we had to fit through a small window and shimmy down the fire escape ladder (because we all know old farmhouses have fire escape ladders). I woke up and was like, WTF.

I've also had 2 dreams that we are having a girl.
  • Loading the player...
  • Jparke2 said:

I had a dream a few nights ago that I was at a donut shop and I was trying to buy a donut that was roughly the size of a tire. The cashier told me it would be $84 and I flipped out, saying that's too expensive, and I wouldn't pay a dollar over $50. Now I just really want donuts. 

Oddly enough, the other night I had a dream about donuts. Then in real life that day, I went to the store and surprise! A new donut shop had just opened up. I took it as a sign I needed to eat some and they were delicious :)
  • I had the most vivid sex dreams all night long last night. It was just one after the other. So crazy because I usually don't have those kinds of dreams. And they were with men, women, multiple people at once. I think MH was very surprised when we broke our dry spell this morning!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Jparke2 said:
    I had a dream a few nights ago that I was at a donut shop and I was trying to buy a donut that was roughly the size of a tire. The cashier told me it would be $84 and I flipped out, saying that's too expensive, and I wouldn't pay a dollar over $50. Now I just really want donuts. 
    I had a dream a couple weeks ago that my husband's aunt had a bakery and sold me a piece of cake for $70. In the dream I was upset but since it was his aunt, I bought it. I have a lot of dreams about eating...

• @LadySamLady thats too funny! It better have been one delicious piece of cake!!! 
  • Haha I love this thread! I had a dream the other night that my baby had 3 MASSIVE eyes on its face and they thought it was cute and wouldn't do surgery to make the baby look normal! Ahhhhh so wacky!!
  • Jparke2 said:
    I love that in your mind, $50 was totally acceptable for a giant donut! haha 
  • I had a dream that my dad and I were on a cruise. Billy Joel was performing, and the ship was trying to outrun a rogue wave! Then I told Billy that he has no idea how much my dad loves karaoke.
  • I had a dream last night that I was the surrogate mother for an acquaintance of mine, delivered the baby (which happened to be a boy), and had to go hunt her down at her house in order to hand the baby over. I was sort of bummed because I was like, 'man, I don't get pregnant so easily, why did I agree to do this again?'

.....wtf, brain.
  • Omg. I keep having crazy sex dreams every night. And it's weird bc when I'm awake I'm totally turned off sex right now and don't want any part of it
  • I had a dream that DH got an idea to uproot us and move into a small hotel room for an extended time period to just see what it was like. It was on the 30th floor and the balcony was unsafe for our toddler. And our pets. And we had the new baby but the baby had a medical issue and MIL came and her and DH tried to keep the baby out of my arms so I wouldn't notice. So so strange.
  • Last night, I had a dream that a bunch of SNL alumni (Steve Martin, Eddie Murphy, Kevin Nealon, etc. etc.) were doing a private comedy show for my friends and me in my backyard.  Only it was a much different house than what I have now.  It was entertaining! 
    Me: 27    DH: 30
    Married in 2011
    Baby 1: Stillborn at 27 weeks (April 2014)
    Baby 2: Due May 2016

• Last night I remember dreaming there was something or someone in my bed. And I was screaming for help but my voice wouldn't carry so it was like I was whispering. But then I was actually screaming for help in my sleep but my mouth was so dry it didn't make any sense and wasn't very loud. I managed to wake myself from it...luckily husband was downstairs and couldn't hear me, he would've freaked out!!!
  • edited October 2015
    My dream last night was that we got an untrained 5 year old little dog and since we took in the small dog we had to also take its owner in, which was a 10 year old girl. I thought that was too much since we already have pets, a kid, and are about to add a baby but DH insisted because they needed a place to stay.
  • I dreamt that I had to get my cats ready for daycare and we had to be there by 7:40 or we would be charged a fee. Of course it was one of those dreams where my legs barely moved so getting there was a pain in the ass. I don't know why my cats were going to daycare, but my cat that died two years ago was there so I woke up kinda happy to see him again!

cat fail animated GIF

• My dreams last night were awful. I was a victim of an elaborate kidnapping/murder plot in central Ohio and of course it was my ex boyfriend. I'm just so over the dreams. They are either terrifying or involving people i don't want to dream about. Last night I scored with both categories. My husband lets me wake him up so he can give me a quick hug and reassure me everything is ok, but it's not like I go back down easily. So it's like half the night is good sleep and post dream I'm fretful. Boo x a million!!

But I'm also blaming the full moon
    Baby # 1: BFP 10/26/12: Baby girl born 7/1/13
    Baby #2: BFP 9/2/15: EDD 5/15/16
  • I just woke up from a couple bizarre dreams too. It's funny that many of us are having dreams about our pets! My husband and I don't have any pets and I've been asking for a puppy. Well my dream was about us finally moving out of our apartment which doesn't allow pets, and into a huge house. Then my husband decided he had to leave the state to get a really good dog, but when he came back there was a really fat, old, sad dog in a carrier and he wouldn't even get out to play or check out the house. He just sat in there and wouldn't look at us.
  • @kbrands7 I literally spit out my tea reading your dream! That is hilarious.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • My weirdest was the one when I was dating a younger Justin Beiber and went on tour with him. He was a good kisser though!
  • Definitely been having some crazy vivid sex dreams. Last night it was with Madison Bumgarner... which is odd because I didn't think I even knew what he looked like. Sure I "sorta" watch the Giants but not enough to pick the players out of a lineup. My dreams have definitely been awkward in the mornings when my husband asks how I slept... :|

((BTW... MadBum is definitely packin' the goods))

• I dreamt that, after I delivered the baby, I had an insanely strong craving for steak and made my husband go to this fancy steak house and get an expensive steak dinner 4 or 5 times during my hospital stay. I ate the dinners sitting in my hospital bed, happy as a clam.

I should add that I don't eat red meat. At all (I just don't like it).
    Married: May 2012
    DS1: May 2016
    DS2: Jan 2019
    Baby #3 EDD: 6/18/24

• I just remembered my weird dream from last night - in my dream my neighbors decided to sell their apartment and wanted us to buy it (not so strange, except we both bought our units less than 2 years ago), but then she started just giving me money for the renovations we are actually planning on doing. She felt like if we weren't going to buy her apartment she wanted to pay for both of our bathrooms to be totally renovated. I really wish it wasn't a dream.
  • In my dream last night my husband and I got kidnapped. I was leaning over a counter screaming as somebody was holding me back as they made me watch them pull all of my husbands teeth out and then feed them to him, like literally, they made him gum chew his teeth. WTF?! I usually never remember my dreams, ever. And since pregnant I have been having super weird dreams and remembering them every night. So crazy
  • @laurenmdrn16 ketchup out of your boobs, oh man. That would be the best thing ever if I had ketchup coming from my boobs.

@kbrands7 still laughing like 15 mins after reading about your dream! Haha