Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Swaddle all day??????

DS is 3 weeks old now. He sleeps pretty good at night swaddled. But during the day, I'll get him down for a nap and he can't stay asleep. If he's in the stroller, he'll wake up the second it stops. Same goes for the car. I can't keep him swaddled all day, especially with it being 90 degrees out. He takes a binky but he'll wake up and cry the second it falls out. Anyone been here? Any advice?

Re: Swaddle all day??????

• Options
    You can swaddle during the day. Skip clothes.
  • Options
    I wouldnt swaddle ALL day, lol. Just when LO is due for a nap. They have really light muslin blankets that you can use to swaddle so LO doesn't get too hot.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am in florida and my LO doesn't wear clothes unless we actually leave the house. I have lightweight muslin wraps during the day to avoid over heating that usually works. Can't wait for slightly cooler weather.
  • Options
    We use a lightweight receiving blanket.
  • Options
    Absolutely swaddle for naps. Your LO needs that but not all day...obviously.
  • Options
    We use a lightweight muslin swaddle blanket during naps as well.

• Options
    Sometimes I can get mine to forgo the swaddle in between naps if I'm carrying him in the front carrier. And absolutely he doesn't need clothes unless we are going outside the house so he's been rocking that Spring Break look (diaper only ;))
  • Options
    I pretty much had my colicky baby swaddled all day for about 4-5 weeks. If your baby needs the comfort and you properly do it, there is no harm in it. Women all over the world keep their infants wrapped tightly and carry them around all day long. 
  • Options
    I'm so jealous of this warm weather talk! It's 37* out right now...brrr
  • Options
    Our LO is swaddled at night because she startles awake otherwise. But she naps in the rock n play and has no issues with startling in it, probably because she's more cuddled in it than in a crib or bassinet.