Trouble TTC
Options

Exciting News!

As many of you know, I'm on my 2nd round of Clomid. Last time I used the clear blue ovulation predictor kit and never got a smiley face. After blood work, the confirmed I did not ovulate, and so they bumped my dosage up. Today I peed on the ovulation stick AND GOT A SMILEY FACE!!!!!!! A BLINKEY SMILEY FACE! So the hubs and I are going to get busy a bit later. Even if this is not the month, I am feeling hopeful that we are moving in the right direction.
DX PCOS + mild male factor
TTC since Dec. 2015
Current Treatment: Metformin, Provera, Letrozole, Trigger, IUI
Past Treatment: Clomid + Metformin x 3 BFN
Letrozole 5 mg + Trigger shot + IUI = BFP!
Beta confirmed 8/22
EDD 5/1/17

Re: Exciting News!

• Options
    Congratulations!!! Finally getting a positive ovulation test it such a great feeling. FX to you.

Married 3 years TTC 15+months
    OB dx: Low follicle count
    OB treatment: Clomid 100mg + Novarel 10,000 units + IUI

Proud mommy of 2 furbabies Julius (beautiful domestic short-hair) and Brutus (the boxer)

~Make yourself necessary to somebody.  Do not make life hard to any.~
  • Options
    It's such a relief to finally get an OPK!!! Have fun tonight ;) and tomorrow ;) and the day after that!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    So exciting!!!! Fx!!!
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• Options

It is a great feeling just to know that part of you is starting to work well. Congratulations on the positive OPK!

Me: 30 DH: 33

Married: February 15, 2013

TCC: October 2013

MFI- low count/morphology

May / June 2016- Monitored cycle and TI- BFN

June / July 2016- Gonal-F + IUI #1- BFN

August 2016- Gonal-F + IUI #2-

• Options
    Well I hope getting busy on that one day was enough because he was exhausted yesterday and is out of town today :( We did make love two days before the OPK. This is so frustrating, and I'm trying hard not to resent him since I don't want him to feel like we have to be doing it on demand, but I'm all hopped up on pills over here, and I hate it! Blurg.
    TTC since Dec. 2015
    Beta confirmed 8/22
    EDD 5/1/17
  • Options
    It only takes one sperm! Don't lose hope!!! And just be glad you are ovulating and moving in the right direction. Hopefully it works!! If not, be glad they got your dosage right. Either way is a win win :)

RE DX for me: Anovulatory cycles/Mild PCOS  RE DX for DW: Endometrioma on left Ovary.
    Reciprocal Ivf Feb 2016. DW eggs and I am carrying. EDD: 10/27/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @clt2pwm11 Sperm can live up to 5 days . Keep the faith and good luck! Do you know when AF is due or have any further testing scheduled? I'll be thinking about you!
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14
    Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
    Clomid 50 mg 3/15 (unmonitored) - BFN
    Clomid 50 mg + metformin 4/15 (unmonitored) - BFN 
    First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
    6/15 HSG - clear tubes & normal uterus; great PCT test results
    TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
    TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
    BC for 2 weeks due to cysts
    TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
    TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

Beta #1 @ 16dpo (11/30/15) = 1,075
    Beta #2 @ 19dpo (12/3/15) = 3,150
    One baby: Saw heartbeat @ 5w5d (114 bpm; baby measuring 2.3mm)

"Great Things are Happening"
  • Options
    I have blood work done next Friday, but I'm not sure about AF. You're right! Must stay positive. Thanks for the encouragement.
    TTC since Dec. 2015
    Beta confirmed 8/22
    EDD 5/1/17
  • Options
    Congrats!! Good luck!
  • Options
    I think your timing was perfect! The two days before or the day after could very well be all you needed! FX!!!!
  • Options
    Congrats!!
  • Options
    Fx!
    I'll be starting my 1st Clomid cycle next week! I'm so exited!
  • Options
    FX I am thinking of you! Baby dust for you!
  • Options
    All the best to you.
    TTC for Baby #1 for 3 years. After 2 failed IUI's & IVFs, God blessed us with our miracle :).  FET 12/17/15 (transferred 2 embryos at 5days). First Beta 12/29/15 = 354. Second Beta 12/31/15 = 694. Third Beta 1/7/16 = 6,695.  Finally heard his heartbeat (126)  on 1/14/16 @ our 1st US.  2nd US on 1/21/16, HR was 159.  The most beautiful sound ever :) 
  • Options
    @clt2pwm11 any update? :) it might be posted somewhere else and I missed it.

RE DX for me: Anovulatory cycles/Mild PCOS  RE DX for DW: Endometrioma on left Ovary.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Well apparently it was a false surge. My blood work came back, and my progesterone level is ridiculously low, so the Dr. is saying I didn't ovulate. I'll take a pregnancy test just to be sure, but next cycle she is upping me to 150 Clomid and adding Metformin. I'm beyond discouraged at the moment. So glad you girls are here to share with because this is such an isolating experience.
    TTC since Dec. 2015
    Beta confirmed 8/22
    EDD 5/1/17
  • Options
    @clt2pwm11 I'm sorry! At least this can be a learning experience for the dr so they can adjust your meds. Now next cycle will be a better cycle for you! Keep your chin up :D

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm sorry @clt2pwm11 I have heard that false surges on clomid are pretty common. Do they think you might still ovulate this cycle? Fx for this to work out soon for you.
    me 30; DH 35
    TTC since May 2014.
    Aug 2014 BFP, EDD April 22, 2015. Low progesterone, started suppositories. Loss at 5w6d.
    Nov 19, 2015 BFP at 13 dpo, EDD July 29, 2016. MMC discovered 12/29 (9+4). Natural miscarriage 1/16 (12+1).
    AMH results 0.42, 1.2; FSH 12.1, AFC 10, dx DOR. 
    RPL testing results normal. Nurse recommended progesterone suppositories in TWW.
    Clomid + trigger + TI cycle August 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
    Femara + trigger + TI cycle December 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
    Short LP (8 days).
    Acupuncture & Chinese herbs starting January 2017, lengthened LP to 10 days 

Summer 2016 LFAF awards: 

Winter 2016/2017 LFAF awards:

• Options
    heincmheincm member
    edited October 2015
    I'm sorry about your false surge. I don't have a lot of input, but I didn't want to read and run. I'll be thinking positive thoughts for you.

Married the love of my life 9-1-13

TTC for 18 Months

Unexplained Infertility (suspected insulin resistance)

• Options
    I'm sorry :( I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!
    I am on my first round of Clomid now.
    DS born 2016
  • Options
    Sorry to hear about your false positive @clt2pwm11. Has your re recommended the hsg trigger shot yet to induce the ovulation? I had it last two cycles and it helped!
    Married to DH since 8/15
    TTC since 5/15
    PCOS, 35+, diagnosed with pre-diabetes
    TI for 4 cycles: 1 round of femara; 2 rounds femara/ injectables: all ended in BFN. 
    3 IUI Cycles: letrozole/Follistim with HCG Trigger,all resulted in BFN.
    FET #1: Baseline appt 4/28/16, Gonal-F/Menopur stims, Centrotide 5/4/16, ER 5/11/16; 6/8/16 ET, BFN
    FET #2: Baseline appt 6/22/16, Estrace/PIO shots: 7/12/16 ET, 1st beta 7/21/16: 83 BFP, 2nd beta 7/23/16: 315. 1st U/S: 8/4/16 empty sac.  2nd U/S: 8/10/16 yolk sac appeared, everything stopped growing. Office D&C: 8/11/16, MC.
    FET #3: Baseline appt 12/28/16, Estrace/PIO shots: 1/17/17 ET, 1st beta 1/27/17: 146 BFP, 2nd beta 1/29/17: 336, 1st U/S: 2/16/17, 2 healthy twin babies measuring 7w0d.  EDD: 10/5/17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @emgem819 No, not yet. She added Metformin to my cocktail of meds because she thinks maybe controlling my insulin will help. We shall see. I definitely feel a bit better as far as energy level goes since starting the Metformin. And my vision hasn't been going all swim-y after I eat a big meal. So maybe she does have me on the right track.
    TTC since Dec. 2015
    Beta confirmed 8/22
    EDD 5/1/17