Late Term and Child Loss

Intro/tired and confused

jkcavinessjkcaviness member
edited October 2015 in Late Term and Child Loss
Hello!
Never did I imagine I would be posting on this board... But I'm sure none of us expected this! I lost my baby girl (she was our first child) at 25 weeks. I went into preterm labor on thanksgiving night 2014 and had her a few days later on Nov. 29, 2014. She lived for 5 short days before leaving us. We thought she was going to make it. We actually began allowing ourselves to have hope that she would be ok despite only weighing 1.5 lbs. But then we found out she had massive hemmoraging on both sides of her brain. And just like that she was gone! Our precious Elaina Beth is our little angel now. It was the hardest 5 days of our lives, yet we cherish every single one of them! I have had to choose to be grateful for the 5 days, rather then to be bitter over losing her.

My hubby and I started ttc again in Jan. 2015 after the dr. Cleared me to try again. They still have no idea what caused my preterm labor. We have been ttc for 10 months now with no success. I had very irregular periods from jan- april so I'm not sure if I should even count those months. I had excessive bleeding and my periods would go for weeks. The Dr. Put me on medroxyprogesterone for 4 months to stop the bleeding. It regulated everything very well after just the first month and I was ecstatic! But recently (2 months ago) I went off of the medroxyprogesterone to see if my body would stay on track. To my surprised it did except that now it has been 51 days since my last period with no signs of starting! I have taken 2 hpt's racha week apart and both were negative. I'm inbetween drs right now and can't get in with my new one before Jan.

I am so confused, and yet so tired of getting my hopes up and then dashed again every month. I still have one months worth of medroxyprogesterone, so I'm not sure If I should take it to restart me period... Or just wait and see what happens. I just dont want to waste time waiting when I could be ttc. Any suggestions? Or similar problems?

Sorry for such a long post!

Re: Intro/tired and confused

• I'm so sorry for your loss of your baby girl. I recently lost twins and my cycle hasn't started again yet. But I'm worried about scarring of my uterus from the d&c I had to have when one of the placentas was retained.
    I was told if my cycles didn't start on their own or were not typical cycles, it could be a sign of uterine scarring.
    Have you had a saline sonohystogram or hysteroscopy or anything to know your uterus is fine?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • MamaBishMamaBish member
    edited October 2015
    I'm so very sorry for the loss of your little girl. And sorry for the troubles you have had since. I do not have any suggestions but I hope you find some good advice here. Hugs to you!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    🌈  Preemie 2016  🌈
    ♥ Stillborn 2015 

• Loading the player...
  • @ ss456 - thank you so much for your reply. I also sorry to hear about the loss of your twins! I could barely survive losing one baby, I can't imagine losing two! You must be a very strong lady! I have never had either of those procedures you mentioned. My labor was normal other then being so early. I am in the process of changing OB's. After I lost my daughter my OB didn't test my blood to check my hormones or thyroid, didn't try to find out what happened... Nothing. I had to go to my normal dr to get bloodwork done just to see if my hormones were on track. I'm at a loss of what to do since I don't have any suspicions that I have a problem with my uterus or ovaries.
  • I am so very sorry for the loss of your daughter. My experience was different so I can not provide any advice for the irregularity maybe you could call doctor - they should be able to advise you even if they can't see you just yet.