May 2016 Moms
Options

Anyone else sweating like CRAZY when they exercise?

I'm not a super sweaty person. I mean, it happens, but minimally.
Now that I'm pregnant, whenever I go to the gym, even if I'm just doing some minor lifting (not a lot of cardio) I start to sweat profusely.

Is anyone else experiencing this? I have also found that my body heats up a lot at random points throughout the day. Ugh. Miserable~~

Re: Anyone else sweating like CRAZY when they exercise?

• Options
    b-( Something I'm trying to continue but sure as heck isn't easy...what about just sweating in general with any sort of physical exertion like walking for 5+ mins? I start to get sweaty (more than usual) when I do that as well.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I wanted to be "that girl" that works out during pregnancy too. The 1st 2 weeks I was good. Then the fatigue hit, and I haven't seen the gym in 3 weeks. Going this weekend though since I can get there in the morning when my energy is higher. Actually cant wait!

cat fail animated GIF

• Options
    Best of luck! I have to make my sessions shorter, much easier, and just listen to my body on a day to day basis. I was going really hard before I got pregnant...I was really into it...and it can be really discouraging to not be able to reach what I was doing before. But, you know, I know everything will come back to normal at some point...I'm probably about halfway through the really "yuck-feeling" phase.

On another note, my mother told me she knew a woman who ran a 24 hour ultra marathon and then gave birth the next morning
    HOW????!!!
  • Options
    I have definitely been sweatier! That is why I love swimming. No one can see (or smell) you sweat!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Have you found that you've been able to breathe okay while swimming? One of my symptoms now is shortness of breath. Makes working out that much more fun!!!..... ~X(
  • Options
    @taylorkang I was worried about that too, but I can actually breathe better in the humid indoor pool area than in the brisk cold New England air right now so going to the pool is like the best thing ever. I just make sure to take breaks more often that I used to and really focus on my breathing. It is pretty cathartic. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @laurenmdrn16 Oh, you're in New England? I used to live in Vermont. Now I'm in the Boston area and the weather has been driving me nuts. One day it'll be cold, the next day it'll be a good bit warmer...I cannot regulate my temperature that easily!
  • Options
    Sweating is normal but the shortness of breath is killing me :(
  • Options
    Yup. Definitely happening. More sweat!!! 
    Not this week though. I was too tired to lift a finger after work. 

• Options
    sweating and out of breath. DH is always asking "Why are you huffing and puffing all the time?" I think its annoying him.
  • Options
    Yep, I'm definitely sweatier when pregnant. Plus, I swear I smell like sour milk when I sweat (I'm still nursing a couple of times/day). It's not pretty.
  • Options
    For me, the sweating isn't so much of a problem but I've noticed my heart rate goes up and stays up quickly even during low endurance exercises. 
  • Options
    I wish! My doctor won't let me get my heart rate up high enough to really sweat.
  • Options
    I haven't noticed excessicr sweating, but shortness of breath is definitely more pronounced when I'm jogging.
    Baby # 1: BFP 10/26/12: Baby girl born 7/1/13
    Baby #2: BFP 9/2/15: EDD 5/15/16
  • Options
    I did great exercising the first 8 weeks. Then I got put on no exercise for two weeks due to some bleeding and my first days back have been DREADFUL. I have an active job and was pretty active before so its killing me that my body is acting like I haven't been to the gym for months.