February 2016 Moms
Options

Mommycon :)

Mommycon dates were just released and I can't wait to go to Chicago with my new little snuggle bug! This year I went hoping to be going soon with a new baby and next year I will :) baby will be about a month old :)

Re: Mommycon :)

• Options
    This may sound stupid but what is mommycon?
  • Options
    I'm glad you asked :) this is from the mommycon website "MommyCon is a boutique style convention dedicated to bringing modern parents and mothers-to-be together. Our focus is on natural and organic parenting methods and timeless tidbits as we journey through parenthood together. Our seminars and workshops include; babywearing, birth, breastfeeding, cloth diapering, car seat safety, natural health and medicine, baby gear, childproofing and so much more! We end our day with amazing giveaways and each attendee gets a gift bag from our sponsors."

The gift bag is well over the price of what you pay for your ticket in baby stuff and they have lotsnofnother free stuff you can win.. I won a breast pump this year and managed to score tickets to a VIP session with cottonbabies (a cloth diaper retailer) and also got another awesome gift bag :) they do also support bottle feeding and disposable diapers..so you don't need to feel like you have to breastfeed/cloth diaper/ baby wear on order to go and have a good time

My sister is just as excited to go again with me and she doesn't have kids and more than likely won't anytime soon

https://mommy-con.com/
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I wish they would come to Texas!!!

• Options
    I'm disappointed in the locations this year.

I would love to go to the 3 day thing in Chicago but it's atleast a 6 hour drive for us. A toddler and a newborn + 6 hours in the car =not happening
  • Options
    Did they pay you to post this? 
  • Options
    Nope they didn't :) I am just so excited to go :) it's about a 6 hour drive for me as well to Chicago and as of now my sister, new baby and I are just going and my husband is staying back with our will be 6 and 3 year old boys
  • Options

Did they pay you to post this? 

What?
    Everyone who posts about a product isn't necessarily getting paid to be excited.

Mommycon is lots of fun! So much information, other moms wrestling ther babies just like you... Oh and swag bags
  • Options
    @wisco29 to me it came across as very marketed too, not just excitement
  • Options
    I want to go this year. I went last year
  • Options
    Damn it says tickets are sold out for the california event, wish I knew about this sooner. Some of the seminars seem to be something I could have benefited from
  • Options
    None of them are even close to me. Boo.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options

Damn it says tickets are sold out for the california event, wish I knew about this sooner. Some of the seminars seem to be something I could have benefited from

I thought I read that they would go on sale oct 11
  • Options
    Oh really? The link just said tix no longer available so I assumed that meant sold out, thanks @wisco29 i'll keep checking back
  • Options
    They have a contest right now this is the pic for it
  • Options
    Are you looking at 2015 or 2016? I know Seattle is having theirs next month, and then again in April..Maybe tickets are sold out for 2015?

Married.....09/08/2012
    Baby F.......02/02/2016
  • Options
    This sounds like so much fun!! I'm scared that I'll buy a ticket and then pop before the date... EDD is 2/13 and it's coming to Atlanta on 2/06...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Surprise BFP! 06/08/15
    Nadine GraceMarie  02/10/16
    Diagnosed with placenta increta post delivery: emergency partial hysterectomy - cervix and ovaries still intact 
    Gestational surrogacy or adoption TBD

• Options
    andresh said:

I wish they would come to Texas!!!

Me too! I wouldn't travel far for it but if it was close I would love to go to something like this.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Is this the same thing as Babyfest or are they two totally separate things?  I am going to Babyfest next month in Seattle which sounds a lot similar to this on November 7th.  My birthday is the 8th so going to this is my birthday present to myself!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
                           -1st MC- June 2014 at 6 weeks 
                      -2nd MC- December 2014 at 7 weeks
                     -Braxton Bradley has arrived!  1/4/2016
                              (original EDD was 2/2/2016)

• Options
    edited October 2015
    @baby0708 I believe they are different. Mommycon in Seattle is the weekend of Nov. 21st. I was looking into going to Babyfest, but I'll be on my babymoon that weekend, so now I'm trying to decide if I want to do this one instead.

Also, happy early birthday!

Married.....09/08/2012
    Baby F.......02/02/2016
  • Options
    @baby0708 I believe they are different. Mommycon in Seattle is the weekend of Nov. 21st. I was looking into going to Babyfest, but I'll be on my babymoon that weekend, so now I'm trying to decide if I want to do this one instead.

Also, happy early birthday!

Oh, ok.  That makes sense.  Thank you for the early bday wishes and I hope you have fun on your babymoon!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
                           -1st MC- June 2014 at 6 weeks 
                      -2nd MC- December 2014 at 7 weeks
                     -Braxton Bradley has arrived!  1/4/2016
                              (original EDD was 2/2/2016)