Two Under 2
Options

Am I crazy?

I have a three year old DD and my DS just turned 3 months old. Am I crazy to want another baby so soon? I have always wanted three kids and would love them to be close in age so that they hopefully grow up to be great friends and to get all the diaper etc years over in a condensed time period. Everyone that I meet with two very close together describes it as an "surprise". Anyone out there that planned for two under two, what was your experience? Did other people/family treat you like you were crazy for wanting another baby?

Re: Am I crazy?

• Options
    MrsB915MrsB915 member
    edited October 2015
    We planned for 2u2 because we wanted the kids to be close in age for all the same reasons you described. When lo arrives they will be 23 months apart. I don't think you're crazy for wanting 3. From what I've been told 1-2 is by far the hardest adjustment and 2-3 is much easier so you've already done the hard part.

Who cares what others think, it's your family and your decision. As long as you are financially and emotionally ready to attend another child and your doctor has given you the go ahead medically to conceive again, go for it! :D
  • Options
    Thanks for the positive support! I lost a baby at 20 weeks before having my now 3 month old so I think my family is mostly hesitant about another pregnancy for fear that something could go wrong again. It was horrible but it doesn't stop me from wanting to try again. I think growing up with siblings close in age would have been nice. My sister is four years older then me. She left for college as I entered high school so we really led separate lives and didn't really connect until later in life. I would love for my kids to have a close friend in their siblings.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would have this chat with your OB - 2u2 (which is what I will have, so no judgement for that) is already closer together than is necessarily recommended for healing and time to "stock up" the nutrients you gave the last baby. If you're set on trying to get pregnant again quickly, they'll probably want you on really high level prenatals and maybe some other supplements to reduce the risk of FGR and spinal disorders.
    Anniversary 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I planned 2u2 twice but it didn't quite workout the 2nd time. 2&3 are 26 months apart. The transition from 1-2 was very hard but 2-3 has been easier. My 2yr old & 3yr old play really well together because they are interested in the same things. Don't get me wrong they fight too but I love watching them interact. We will be trying for 2u2 again when we TTC #4. I don't think I want them to be less than 18 months apart though.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Options
    You aren't crazy at all. My first two were 13 months apart, and my second two were 18.5 months apart, so we had 3u3 fit a few months. I love how close our kids are. The older two play wonderfully, and #3 just started crawling so he's joining in. We want a fourth, but we need to wait to ttc again because of a pending move. It makes me sad to think we won't have 2u2 again. Do what feels best for your family, and don't worry about what everyone else thinks. :)
    Mommy to N (3), J (2), and C (10 months). LO4 is due in mid-September.
  • Options
    I have my DD that will be 5 very soon my DS is 18 months and we have DS that is 6 months. It is very hard. Going anywhere is a struggle. Shopping is exhausting. And my 18m DS gets into everything. We planned for 2u2. But it is not easy. And surprise, we found out I'm pregnant on Easter Sunday. I would space them out a little more. If I could do it over. Like wait till my first DS was at least a year. He has theethed really bad, and will purposely hurt him self to get attention.. it is very hard having 2 so close.
  • Options
    We are going to have 3 under 2!   And we planned it!   We have twins who are 18"7 months and I'm due early August.    I don't think it's crazy, my husband and I want a lot of kids and close together.   We can afford it and provide everything they need, so we feel like it's our choice and our responsibility!   If you're ready, go for it!