May 2016 Moms

LMP vs actual due date?

2»

Re: LMP vs actual due date?

• I wound up measuring exactly in line with my LMP.
    So your appointment went well? I am so happy to hear!

cat fail animated GIF

• So, I'm still a little confused by the dating process. You count 40 weeks from the first day of your LMP? Or 14 days after your LMP then add 40 weeks?? I'm sorry it confuses me haha

• Loading the player...
  • soralettesoralette member
    edited October 2015
    jenver96 said:
    So, I'm still a little confused by the dating process. You count 40 weeks from the first day of your LMP? Or 14 days after your LMP then add 40 weeks?? I'm sorry it confuses me haha
    Naegle's Rule is 40wks after first day of LMP. It's a pretty arbitrary rule dating back to the 1800s, but it's what doctors still use.

If you know when you ovulated, you can add 38wks to ovulation instead.
    ---
    ♥ Married since June 2009 ♥
    TW: Living children & Losses:
    Mom of sons "Alpha" (Feb 2012) & "Beta" (May 2016)
    Pregnant after 4 losses via IVF/FET with daughter "Gamma" (EDD Oct 2, 2019)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • US was off by 4 days from my LMP, which is right in line with when I ovulated.  

image        image

• Oh, I see. Thanks :)

• I am a full week behind my LMP! But I had an ultrasound at 6 weeks so I am hoping everything is still ok! I have an appointment Thursday ( I am 9w4days according to LMP) (8w4days according to u/s) has this happened to anyone else?
  • I have a 35 day cycle, so after I asked for a dating ultrasound they moved my due date about a week ahead. It may not seem like a lot, but I'm really trying to not be induced this time! I don't want them to say I'm 42 weeks when I'm really not. 
  • Went today for our ultrasound- our original due date was 5/18 based on LMP but after seeing the baby on the ultrasound, with a healthy heartbeat (118!) they moved our due date to 5/26! I must have just ovulated late... But this last week was the most stressful week ever because they couldn't find the fetal pole last week... So grateful that we got good news today!
  • I was measured a day ahead of my LMP!
  • My Due date is exactly aligned with my LMP. When I went for my ultrasound yesterday I was for sure I would be behind. Because I wasn't temping or charting. It's nice to hear I was right :)
  • Just had my first appt and US yesterday. I'm about a week behind--changed due date from 05/18 to 05/24. I have some major client events at the beginning of May so I am really really happy about that extra week of "cushion" lol. I know I could still deliver early, but the more buffer I have between those events and my due date, the less stressed I am! I NEED to be able to work until at least 05/12.
  • I went in on Wednesday and got and ultrasound surprisingly I was right on the money and my due date is may 13th a day before my husband's birthday!! :)