November 2015 Moms

Middle Name For Andrew?

I posted this on the baby name board but didn't get very many suggestions. So I thought maybe I'd try here. I'll be 33 weeks on Thursday & after a lot of talking, arguing, going back & forth, my fiancé & I finally decided to name baby boy #2 Andrew! But now we're completely lost on a middle name. Our first's name is Julian Xadrian so I almost feel like Andrew should have a different middle name like his brother. But any name I hear is either to out there for me or doesn't sound good with our last name. My fiancé likes the more traditional/common names. But I'm more into the different/uncommon names. Julian was going to be named Xadrian until some members in the family couldn't pronounce it lol I would really appreciate any names any of you ladies are willing to give! Please and thank you!

Re: Middle Name For Andrew?

• Have you tried looking at BehindTheName? It's the most useful name website I've found. Or you could try googling for "themed" name lists like unusual names or literary names or names beginning with a specific letter. I found if you can narrow down the "type" of name you want, its a whole lot less overwhelming to start searching.
    Also, the name board is usually hyper judgemental when it comes to anything even slightly unusual, I'm not surprised you had no luck over there.
  • My brothers name is Andrew Lawrence. And I've always liked it. It's traditional, but different because it doesn't get used very often.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm more for traditional names and I think these sound nice:

Andrew Michael
    Andrew Arthur
    Andrew Alexander
    Andrew Thomas

It's a great first name! :)
  • I was looking for a kinda unusual but not crazy name for DS2 that worked well with DS1s name (River Allen) and after searching forever finally stumbled on Cole. We both love it. It's not a name I hear everyday ,actually I've never met a Cole so it was perfect. Cole Hudson. We were also set on going with the middle name Hail. But it didn't fit well with cole so we changed it. Obv you don't need my permission lol but your welcome to them if u like :)
  • Andrew is one of our boy names if one of the twins is a boy...good pick! We are using Joseph as the middle name.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thank you everyone for your suggestions I really appreciate it!
  • My husband is Andrew Eric. I haven't heard too many unique middle names to accompany Andrew but I hope you find one you like!
  • JLW0504JLW0504 member
    edited October 2015
    Andrew Fitzwilliam
    Andrew Shea
    Andrew Jackson (if you're a history buff)
    Andrew Collins
    Andrew Willoughby

ETA: I'm obviously a Jane Austen fan...
    photo 978af5ba-08bb-4481-86d8-3ab82265c5c3_zpsc80d6cf2.jpg div align="center">photo f1bdfba8-890a-4221-be22-61d4a9f99eee_zps89ebc57e.jpg
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Andrew James was my first thought, but I know it's a more traditional name. Andrew Harrison sounds nice to me and is somewhat unique.
  • Hmmm:
    - Quinn
    - Finley
    - Bryce
    - James
    - Wyatt
  • JLW0504 said:

Andrew Fitzwilliam
    Andrew Shea
    Andrew Jackson (if you're a history buff)
    Andrew Collins
    Andrew Willoughby

ETA: I'm obviously a Jane Austen fan...

I love you. Also, this is why DH vetos most of my suggestions.

I'm partial to Andrew Michael, but I also agree with the PPs who suggest searching for "unique name lists". Another option might be to look at names by meaning and find something that speaks to you.
  • Andrew Brett
  • My baby boys name will be August Andrew, Andrew is my late FILs name. What about Andrew August?
  • We had a time coming up with a name. But finally decided on ansen Tyler. Tyler is daddy's name so that was my add in and 2nd middle name is Luke. Dad chose that one. We kinda split it up. Just like we did with dd. she's kelbie rhea hadley
  • Andrew Martin

^my brother-in-law's name
  • Andrew Ryan
    Andrew Cash
    Andrew Cole
    Andrew Slade
  • Andrew Blaise!!
  • Andrew cruz
    Andrew cash
    Andrew xavier
    Andrew hunter
    Andrew issack
    Andrew beau
    Andrew Lucas
  • My husband's name is Andrew, his middle name is Harris. I think it might be a family name but it's fairly unique. 
  • My brother is Andrew John and we've always called him AJ! :)