Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

FTM and feel like a failure

Can some other moms share their experiences of the first few weeks. My baby is two weeks old and I feel like I am never doing anything right but have no idea what to do. He is good all day sleeps on and off and eats anywhere from 10-20 minutes every 1-3 hours. But at night I can't seem to keep him full or happy. Tonight he ate 20 minutes on each boob went to sheep for 20 minutes woke up and is rooting like crazy he drank 2.5 oz if my breast milk from a bottle. He falls asleep I put him down and in 20 mins he's crying again his bum is clean. I don't know what I am doing wrong but I am in desperate her if sleep and just feel like I can't take it anymore like I maybe wasn't meant to be a mom because in obviously horrible at it. My husband is back to work and works crazy hours so I don't want to bother him as he needs his sleep to work he operates heavy machinery and works 13 hr days and 11 day shifts with only 3 days off in between. Please help!!

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    I'm pretty sure I'm producing enough as when I pump I can get 5 oz in 45 mins. But he's doing it again today constantly eating I even gave him 2 oz of formula
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Have you had him weighed before and after a feeding to make sure he's nursing efficiently? This was the problem with my lo and it seems like it is way more common than lactation consultants will admit.

Also it definately could be a growth spurt; it's normal for babies to be extra clingy and to want to eat a lot during growth spurts. Hang in there mama, you're doing great! And don't beat yourself up, having a newborn is really tough.